Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shelborne Hotel opening new club, called Shine

V. Barbarino

Possibly the Phazon from ARC will be installed.....

A couple differnt rooms, one is the pool deck, and 2 other rooms with diffrent music.

Rumor has it, Gerry kelly will be the marketing director...

jown cowan is a part of it, thus i'd expect to see some of his djs there...

comming online this nov

GOT YOU JON, YOU CAN'T HIDE SHIT FROM ME!!!!!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavosdeldiablo

hows the trance career comming along???

why not open your mind ONE day and find out for yourself... :)

Guest lavosdeldiablo

By the way great set on Friday @ Blue 8)

Damn i didnt knwo you were in the house ... Thanks alot! 8)

Guest mp3some

Possibly the Phazon from ARC will be installed.....

That's no joke... :o That Phazon is one massive rig!!

This whole concept sounds interesting... I'd check it out. :)

.- 8)

Guest barstar diana

LOL I LOVE WHEN HOTLES JUMP ON THE CLUB BANDWAGON, I WENT TO THE RALEIGH SOUTH BEACH FOR THE SUNDAY POOL PARTY AND THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 20 BUCKS TO HANG OUT BY THE POOL WHAT A JOKE...I JUST WALKED IN BY THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL....AND SPENT THOSE 20 ON DRINKS...AND THEN JETTED TO SKYBAR WHO DIDNT CHARGE ME BTW...LETS SEE WHAT THE SHELBORNE CONJURES UP, THEIR LAST LITTLE CLUB WAS FUN...I USED TO STAY AT THE SHELL EVERY SUMMER IN HS AND WE HAD GOODTIMES AT THE LITTLE CLUB THEY HAD...I WONDER IF IT WILL BE RENOVATED AS PART OF THIS ENDEAVOR

Guest macboy

I don't recall the Shelborne applying for a new permit for outdoor entertainment. I'd like to see what happens when they do. Unless they plan on cutting off the music at 11pm, expect the usual uproar at City Hall from the residents.

Guest djjoncowan

wow... guess the cat is out of the bag. leave it to saleen.. its all good though, no secrete to what we are doing. anyways, I think those of you familliar with me know that The shelborne is owned by my family and we are in the process of a multi-million dollar renovation consisting of our lobby, one meeting room, our 800+ person three teir theatre style ballroom that still has its original shape as done in the 1930's and last but not least, the pool deck. In responce to macboys comment we are not concentrating on the outside as we have the indoor space that the other properties are lacking or not utalizing. we will have some sound outside but mostly ambient or downtempo music with hammocks and day beds for comfort. the pool deck is not the focus of our project in fact, it will be a bit of an escape if nothing more. Steve dash and co (formally phason) have been hired to do the sound which we are thrilled about and as saleen said, we may use some of the components from the arc system in nyc as originally designed for danny t in our ballroom and with the three environments all complete with steve dash engineered sound it gives us lots to work with in terms of musical format and flexibility... The players involved thus far our myself and gerry kelly who is the former marketing director of venues such as bash, liquid, bar room, level, shadow lounge, pacha (ibiza) and state. I was musical director of groovejet and most recently nerve and plan to bring in top talent on a regular basis in all music genere's. Anyways, I am thrilled to be working on this project and hope to bring you a comfortable welcoming indoor/outdoor living room like environment complete with tapas, specialty signiture drinks, and most importantly, top dj's on a state of the art steve dash designed sound system. Hoping to finally do something a little bit different then the typical south beach venue... so come november I will hope to have a shot with all the cj'ers for the grand opening of "SHINE" @ the shelborne beach resort.... ;D - stay tuned for the opening weekend lineup! I am sure it will be something that will please you all (at least I hope so - LOL) 8)

Guest Justin Johnson

Sounds good Jon, look forward to hearing/seeing it. I work for the pool company that does all the maintenance, so I was wondering what all this talk was about, when I haven't seen anything. ;)

Guest djjoncowan

Sounds good Jon, look forward to hearing/seeing it. I work for the pool company that does all the maintenance, so I was wondering what all this talk was about, when I haven't seen anything. ;)

we've started the front already - you'll see work on the back in the next wk or so.. give me a ring when your around the hotel, I will show you whats up - email me at jonathancowan@mac.com

wow... guess the cat is out of the bag. leave it to saleen.. its all good though, no secrete to what we are doing. anyways, I think those of you familliar with me know that The shelborne is owned by my family and we are in the process of a multi-million dollar renovation consisting of our lobby, one meeting room, our 800+ person three teir theatre style ballroom that still has its original shape as done in the 1930's and last but not least, the pool deck. In responce to macboys comment we are not concentrating on the outside as we have the indoor space that the other properties are lacking or not utalizing. we will have some sound outside but mostly ambient or downtempo music with hammocks and day beds for comfort. the pool deck is not the focus of our project in fact, it will be a bit of an escape if nothing more. Steve dash and co (formally phason) have been hired to do the sound which we are thrilled about and as saleen said, we may use some of the components from the arc system in nyc as originally designed for danny t in our ballroom and with the three environments all complete with steve dash engineered sound it gives us lots to work with in terms of musical format and flexibility... The players involved thus far our myself and gerry kelly who is the former marketing director of venues such as bash, liquid, bar room, level, shadow lounge, pacha (ibiza) and state. I was musical director of groovejet and most recently nerve and plan to bring in top talent on a regular basis in all music genere's. Anyways, I am thrilled to be working on this project and hope to bring you a comfortable welcoming indoor/outdoor living room like environment complete with tapas, specialty signiture drinks, and most importantly, top dj's on a state of the art steve dash designed sound system. Hoping to finally do something a little bit different then the typical south beach venue... so come november I will hope to have a shot with all the cj'ers for the grand opening of "SHINE" @ the shelborne beach resort.... ;D - stay tuned for the opening weekend lineup! I am sure it will be something that will please you all (at least I hope so - LOL) 8)

Please tell me karoke downstairs is staying... i loveeeee going there with my girls from work.... ;D

Guest djjoncowan

beleive it or not, it is ;D - its all the upstairs lobby area we are doing our concept in.... i guess in theory we have 4 rooms of music.... ;D

Guest macboy

That's good to hear, jon. I was concerned the noise patrol would come and shut down what i expect to be another great addition to the Beach. You know how it is down here. Looking forward to it. :)

Guest djjoncowan

That's good to hear, jon. I was concerned the noise patrol would come and shut down what i expect to be another great addition to the Beach. You know how it is down here. Looking forward to it. :)

8)