Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sad news out of PBC area . . .

Guest sobe2004

Guest sobe2004

UNCONFIRMED . . . the "D" has lost its lease . . . jazz/live music club going in approx 2/3 months . . .

Hope it is not true . . . >:(

Guest sobe2004

this is pretty big news for some of us to be "unconfirmed".

:o >:( :'(

Unconfirmed because I only have it from 2 sources . . . I am hoping it is not true . . .

Guest vaughan

I know that they are having a live Jazz/Funk band on Fridays from 9-10'ish for the more "mature" dinner clientelle that packs the Ave early... the same band that opened for us on New Years Eve....

I'll Keep you posted... until then!

Guest JMT

Soooo..... FALSE! THANKS FOR PLAYING!

whammy2.jpg

yup, i just heard werd from Mr. D himself. not true.

my whole way of life would have been compromised. ;D

Guest sobe2004

Hope you all are correct . . . that is why I said unconfirmed . . . I heard that the owners lost the lease and that they were turning it back to jazz club . . . it used to be called 32 degrees . . .

Guest sobe2004

Soooo..... FALSE! THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Actually not totally false . . . new ownership may be coming in . . . confirmed tonight. . . not sure of upcoming changes . . . developing . . .

Guest ddg

bullshit....

vaughan....dave was laughing when i talked to him earlier...bc he said you had called him aswell earlier..he was like wtf....lol

Guest sobe2004

not bullshit . . . Dave/Scotty etc own delux . . . not the building . . .I talked to the owner of the building . . . .

Guest JMT

the owner of the building then also "owns" 32 East and the other place, no? what does that have to do with the D as we know it? the structure and club are 2 different things.

Guest ddg

not bullshit . . . Dave/Scotty etc own delux . . . not the building . . .I talked to the owner of the building . . . .

guess i have to find out his story as well... ;)

Guest sobe2004

the owner of the building then also "owns" 32 East and the other place, no? what does that have to do with the D as we know it? the structure and club are 2 different things.

Right now it is up in the air . . . it may be nothing . . . may be large . . . will try to find out more this weekend . . . and the owner of 32 and sol kitchen owns the building/structure that delux operates in . . .

Guest vaughan
Right now it is up in the air . . . it may be nothing . . . may be large . . . will try to find out more this weekend . . . and the owner of 32 and sol kitchen owns the building/structure that delux operates in . . .

You are correct about that... Delux LEASES that space.

According to Sobe2006, something large or something small or nothing at all can be happening at Delux! You go Miss Cleo!

According to the owners of Delux, the BUSINESS, they are NOT going anywhere. This is the club business though! ???

From what I can recall, and I may be wrong, Delux is a place that you frequent? And also a place that you know a few of the bartenders pretty well, no? So why post this if you weren't 100% certain, since now you have started a rumor and could possibly jeopordize their livelyhood and in my eyes are taking money out of their pocket. IF it is true, let the owners of the BUSINESS and the bartenders(your friends) make every last dime they can. And if you are right, I'm sure we can round up a sticker for ya!

Guest vaughan

i told V not to play trance or the club would close.....

Buahhh!!! (It was an accident... played the wrong mix! Thought is Said Armand Van Helden, not Armin Van Burin)