Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEEP HOUSE...GOOD or NOT SO GOOD?

Guest swank

Guest swank

I'm curious to know what the CJ'ers opinions are on this subject.

Are there enough "House Heads" in the tri-counties for Deep House to make a full comeback in the scene?

???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HouseJunkie

VERY, VERY GOOD!!

I have been looking forward to such a venue/event but Miami has yet to deliver.

"If you can't FEEL it, then it ain't HOUSE MUSIC"

Guest musicalmissionary

Are there enough "House Heads" in the tri-counties for Deep House to make a full comeback in the scene?

???

I wasn't aware it needed a comeback. Not sure if you noticed, but Deep House is the feature at one of the best parties going in Miami right now, Friday nights at Nocturnal. But that's just the beginning.... you've also got Lust4House at Blue every Saturday night, Therapy at Yuca on Thursday nights, and there's awesome Deep House at Yagé Fridays and Sundays. And I'm sure I left out several other nights featuring the genre. So please define "full comeback"......

Guest LdySphynx

???

I wasn't aware it needed a comeback. Not sure if you noticed, but Deep House is the feature at one of the best parties going in Miami right now, Friday nights at Nocturnal. But that's just the beginning.... you've also got Lust4House at Blue every Saturday night, Therapy at Yuca on Thursday nights, and there's awesome Deep House at Yagé Fridays and Sundays. And I'm sure I left out several other nights featuring the genre. So please define "full comeback"......

OH OH, watch out..........he'll pounce on you :P.

Guest mr. wilkins

I wasn't aware it needed a comeback

He's the DEEEEEEP HOUSE MAFIA around here... ;) lol

No need for a comeback..its never left... just gotta know who to ask and where to look....

Good luck w/ Therapy..I truly hope Miami is ready for JoJo and the talent he brings to the table......

Guest HouseJunkie

Well pardon my ignorance MusicalMissionary, I take it you are on a mission to educate people (like myself) about musical events. I'll surely check out the venues you listed.

Guest musicalmissionary

it's garbage....

PLEEEAAASE people.... refrain from responding to this primitive life form.

Guest dirtyhouse777

don't like it. some of it is more musically advanced, and i'd listen to it in a lounge or something, but in the case of a big party???? snoooooooooze.

to me. its house in its truest form. I love it...

i would tend to disagree. it doesn't have a druggy edge/feel to it, and it lacks a disco vibe.

Guest swank

???

OH OH, watch out..........he'll pounce on you :P.

Musicalmissionary...

I have been to all of the mentioned parties and they are great! I'm so happy that AQUABOOTY locked down Nocturnal on fridays, because it is allowing masses of people who were not really that aquainted with Deep House, Garage, and the Paradise styles of music to finally hear something other than what they might call "House Music"

There was a time when programming of music in clubs included a bit of everything and had such a great mix of patrons and I sometimes am dumbfounded by what is offered by some of the clubs around hear.

I hate walking into a club at 11:30PM to be smashed in the face with 160BPM electro-techno-trance mishmash (not that I have anything against that type of music...I just believe that there is a time and place for everything)

Like Josh said you have to know who to ask...well I know who to ask and sometimes these parties don't get the support they deserve hence my question - are there enough House Heads to support these events consistently on a regular basis?

BTW, thanks to all of the mentioned by Musical Missionary because I know of a few people who would go mad if it were not for their events.

P.S. no pouncing from me, I'm a better lover :-*

peace

Guest KellyKel

What kinda question is this??

For real...everyone obviously has their favorite...mine happens to be Deep House. Most of you here that have seen me out know which events I'm at!

But I have to say that South Florida as a whole..and Tampa too...has a very good "deep house" scene! In Atlanta there was a handful of "us"...so I am thrilled to have great promoters and DJs in my area now!

Count me in B!

Guest swank

What kinda question is this??

For real...everyone obviously has their favorite...mine happens to be Deep House. Most of you here that have seen me out know which events I'm at!

But I have to say that South Florida as a whole..and Tampa too...has a very good "deep house" scene! In Atlanta there was a handful of "us"...so I am thrilled to have great promoters and DJs in my area now!

Count me in B!

;) :-*

Guest johnyblack

Deep house is a great thing and Aquabooty has been doing a great job at nocturnal. And after you have a good time on friday night, now this saturday they are having dj disciple. GREAT! Looks like they are on the right path. For those of you who arent familiar with his sound check out www.djdisciple.com and you can listen to some of his mixes. Enjoy

Guest swank

i can accept it in a lounge or when easing into a night, thats about it.

A format that I was fond of was when nights started off with some RnB(not lyrics) and headed into deep house continuing onto tribal etc. and then when everyone started to feel it as the place filled, then you would start to play harder and start to bang!

...not all night 160BPM :-\

Guest swank

Deep house is a great thing and Aquabooty has been doing a great job at nocturnal. And after you have a good time on friday night, now this saturday they are having dj disciple. GREAT! Looks like they are on the right path. For those of you who arent familiar with his sound check out www.djdisciple.com and you can listen to some of his mixes. Enjoy

Not sure if I should even tread here but...

Maybe Noc will take the plunge and separate themselves from the other (s)place ;D and create their own niche in the "Big Club" deep house sound?

Not sure if I should even tread here but...

Maybe Noc will take the plunge and separate themselves from the other (s)place ;D and create their own niche in the "Big Club" deep house sound?

It can definitely happen. I think once the Saturday night open format thing creates traffic and packs the club (and it will) they can slowly start playing more deep/funky house in the main room until people start getting a feel for it. Like that they will open minds and "create" their niche. The Paradise Garage was a mega club that packed 5000 people fridays and saturdays playing deep house well into the afterhours and pulled it off well, so why Can't NOC? Just See NOC as the 2005/hi- tech version of PG. Always room for improvement. For instance, if they can create enough traffic on Fridays, maybe Aquabooty can have their own afterhours in the mainroom while Roland is putting a chokehold on the patio. BTW deep house never left, It was always in the background lurking.....Also any comments made by Saleen or Level on a deep house thread are null and void :P

Guest dirtyhouse777

paaradise garage was NOT deep house... i hate ppl comparing the Paradise sound to deep house ::)