Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEEP HOUSE...GOOD or NOT SO GOOD?

Guest swank

paaradise garage was NOT deep house... i hate ppl comparing the Paradise sound to deep house ::)

You know I would sit there and bicker back and forth with you, but I already see where you're going with this, you want to start a stupid argument. I'm too smart for that. I refuse. Go look for somebody with the same low IQ as yourself to argue with. Everytime you post, it's something dumb and/or irrational. You're mentally beneath me. I don't argue with idiots. I just don't ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lyrik

It's all about logical progression within an events musical programming....given the crowd reactions and motivation to get down to certain sounds.

I absolutely cannot go to an event with an entire night of just deep house...but then again just because there is a Dj that is known for deep house specifically, doesn't mean that he/she isn't going to pick up the tempo through-out his/her set (reading the crowd and atmosphere) adjusting and being versatile enough to hold the floor.

Guest swank

It's all about logical progression within an events musical programming....given the crowd reactions and motivation to get down to certain sounds.

I absolutely cannot go to an event with an entire night of just deep house...but then again just because there is a Dj that is known for deep house specifically, doesn't mean that he/she isn't going to pick up the tempo through-out his/her set (reading the crowd and atmosphere) adjusting and being versatile enough to hold the floor.

I agree....like I mentioned previously, I think a normal progression based on reading the crowd is important.

Although some dj's (deep or not) seem to be on a mission to push their own agenda totally forgetting about the atmosphere that they're supposed to be helping create.

Guest lavosdeldiablo

I love aquabooty and i love deep house ....BUT @ 2am the tempo needs to pick-up...

just my $0.02 8)

Guest dirtyhouse777

You know I would sit there and bicker back and forth with you' date=' but I already see where you're going with this, you want to start a stupid argument. I'm too smart for that. I refuse. Go look for somebody with the same low IQ as yourself to argue with. Everytime you post, it's something dumb and/or irrational. You're mentally beneath me. I don't argue with idiots. I just don't ;)

[/quote']

wow.

look at my post history, tell me how much "dumb" or "irrational" stuff i've posted. or is it that you disagree with some of my opinions?

Guest swank

I love aquabooty and i love deep house ....BUT @ 2am the tempo needs to pick-up...

just my $0.02 8)

They read the boards and I'm sure they take everybody's $0.02 into consideration...probably one of the reasons why they are succesful.

;)

I agree with you Rob. I think a DJ should be able to read his crowd and use logical progression. Personally I would start off with some deep, soulful house and pick up the tempo as people start getting excited and jump into some Funky Chicago house. You're the man with the Chicago records and skills to back it up around here Rob. I've seen you work the Floor. You need to hit Dade with a mix CD. ;)

Guest musicalmissionary

BINGO!! I was just about to say that the best sets I've heard this year from dj's typically pegged as "Deep House DJs" have covered a very wide range of sounds including techno, progressive, funky, tribal, etc... The same goes for the best sets I've heard from DJs normally pegged as "Progressive DJs".

There's no substitute for variety.

You know I would sit there and bicker back and forth with you, but I already see where you're going with this, you want to start a stupid argument. I'm too smart for that. I refuse. Go look for somebody with the same low IQ as yourself to argue with. Everytime you post, it's something dumb and/or irrational. You're mentally beneath me. I don't argue with idiots. I just don't ;)

wow.

look at my post history, tell me how much "dumb" or "irrational" stuff i've posted. or is it that you disagree with some of my opinions?

I told you I won't argue with mongrels and apes, let it go..... ;)

Guest LeVeL

I have to say Deep House Sucks ASS thats all I have to say...it simply puts me to sleep, you are better off getting some pillows and and some blankets and falling asleep on the VIP.

If I want to listen to some music that is mellow and slow...I rather listen to Sade.

Deep House simply doesn't belong in a club venue it belongs in a lounge.

Guest dirtyhouse777

I told you I won't argue with mongrels and apes' date=' let it go..... ;)

[/quote']

don't worry. as you've called me a mongrel, ape, and an idiot you're obviously of the utmost intelligence.

I have to say Deep House Sucks ASS thats all I have to say...it simply puts me to sleep' date=' you are better off getting some pillows and and some blankets and falling asleep on the VIP.

If I want to listen to some music that is mellow and slow...I rather listen to Sade.

[/quote']

Level, Nobody can see your posts, Or Saleen's. LOL In a deep house thread they are null and void. Invisible :P :P

Guest pod

I'll side with dirtyhouse777 on this one. Larry Levan did not play deep house. He developed his own style called......garage house, which the modern form of deep house takes elements from.

Just because something was made before 1990 and incorporates diva vocals and a Hammond B3 organ patch doesn't qualify it as deep house.

Guest LeVeL

Level' date=' Nobody can see your posts, Or Saleen's. LOL In a deep house thread they are null and void. Invisible :P :P

[/quote']

Turbo come on man...we usually see eye to eye to certain situations man but whats up with you and this Deep House Crap.

I know you like Nocturnal the Club but it doesn't mean you have to like Deep House :P

Guest LdySphynx

just my $0.02 8)

AGREED!!!!

I have to say Deep House Sucks ASS thats all I have to say...it simply puts me to sleep, you are better off getting some pillows and and some blankets and falling asleep on the VIP.

AMEN!!!!

The only DEEP HOUSE I was ever interested in hearing was Danny Tenaglia's Deep Tirbal House(and he's not even up to par anymore), and Deep Dish (and they are hit or miss)!!!

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

IN MY CASE IT JUST DEPENDS... HOW ITS MIXED WHAT TRACKS AND ALL THAT

WOW THAT RHYMED ;D

Level' date=' Nobody can see your posts, Or Saleen's. LOL In a deep house thread they are null and void. Invisible :P :P

[/quote']

Turbo come on man...we usually see eye to eye to certain situations man but whats up with you and this Deep House Crap.

I know you like Nocturnal the Club but it doesn't mean you have to like Deep House :P

Level. I've always liked deep house, before Nocturnal opened. DEEP HOUSE was and still is first on my list and has always been. Come on man, you met me on CJ, you never knew me before man. Trance never made it to my list cause I don't like it. It's too synthetic, it has no soul..... Go back to my first posts if you want proof. Just because you don't like it and you can't groove to it doesn't mean it's crap. We're cool but our tastes differ. No big deal. Let's not argue about something that we're not going to agree on. ;)

Guest LeVeL

We're cool but our tastes differ. No big deal. Let's not argue about something that we're not going to agree on. ;)

Can we leave Trance out of this please...this is a Deep House Bashing Thread ;D

[/quote']

Level. I've always liked deep house, before Nocturnal opened. DEEP HOUSE was and still is first on my list and has always been. Come on man, you met me on CJ you never knew me before man Trance never made it to my list cause I don't like it. It's too synthetic, it has no soul..... Go back to my first posts in you want proof. Just because you don't like it and you can't groove to it doesn't mean it's crap. We're cool but our tastes differ. No big deal. Let's not argue about something that we're not going to agree on. ;)

dont even bother its no use....... and who careas as long as aquabooty and lust keep doin what therye doin ill be thre dancng my ass off

just ask vaughn what a psycho i am dancing at blue . u just cant stop when the lust crew goes off. watch out its good times personified...

Guest swank

dont even bother its no use....... and who careas as long as aquabooty and lust keep doin what therye doin ill be thre dancng my ass off

....and now "therapy" at least monthly anyway ;D