Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hardest room to rock as a DJ in Miami

V. Barbarino

Hardest room to play in?  

1. 1. Hardest room to play in?

Guest Cosmigonon

Personally i didn't like Amika for the same reason as everyone else BUT you have to look at it from the clubs point of view. The amount of money they generate from that vip section is ridiculous thus the need to keep it where it is. I went on a saturday so it may be different on other nights but the impression i got was that people werent there to dance. They were there to mingle, see and be seen.

I agree with you. Who are they gonna listen to, us the people in the sides of the club, or the money-spending people in the VIP. If it ani't broke, why fix it?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ld755

Wuz up Everyone, In my Opinion ,The toughest Club to play is Club Space Main Room.In order to play @ Space, U have to be good. U have t o come with good music and a strong vibe to Hype up the crowd. Make the crowd jump up and down the floor and dance all over the dance floor baby!!! 8)

Guest ROcKiNrOx

Wuz up Everyone, In my Opinion ,The toughest Club to play is Club Space Main Room.In order to play @ Space, U have to be good. U have t o come with good music and a strong vibe to Hype up the crowd. Make the crowd jump up and down the floor and dance all over the dance floor baby!!! 8)

no way dude! Space is not hard....Like I said before! All the crackheads are in space...so no matter what dj is spinning, the club is always going to be full..lol... :P and its not about luis...its about the crowd...because luis maybe dislikes the dj but the crowd doesnt....Remember this...who makes the business work???...The people!!!! but anyways...one time for the crackheads in space :P

I think Mansion. I have never been impressed with the music there. I went to Mansion like 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night and in the main room they had people rapping on stage!!!! Can you believe that!!! on a house night......I was so dissapointed....I was like..."This is a freaking joke"...I saw everyone's faces and they were like...WTF!!! :-X and Courtney Love was there too...Now who gives a crap about that crazy lady and what does she have to do with house music? Mansion's team needs help! and there has been other nights that I would see people standing around most of the time like if they werent feeling the music! Im just not feeling it. and I have gotten the same feedback from others. ;)

I tried going back a few other times thinking that maybe they were just having a bad night..but to me...its not all that...Its just a nice club with alright music. They need to bring better dj's in there! Someone needs to make this club happen! :-\

Guest Devilicious

no way dude! Space is not hard....Like I said before! All the crackheads are in space...so no matter what dj is spinning, the club is always going to be full..lol... :P and its not about luis...its about the crowd...because luis maybe dislikes the dj but the crowd doesnt....Remember this...who makes the business work???...The people!!!! but anyways...one time for the crackheads in space :P

Just because the club is full doesn't mean the Dj is rocking it. Space has its share of fucked up people that frequent it (like every other club, whether you want to see it or not) but there's a good portion of the crowd that is very musically aware. Even the fucked up ones aren't easy to please; I've seen that room full but asleep. Further, I frequent the club and take personal offense at your ignorant comments.

I think Mansion. I have never been impressed with the music there. I went to Mansion like 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night and in the main room they had people rapping on stage!!!! Can you believe that!!! on a house night......I was so dissapointed....I was like..."This is a freaking joke"...I saw everyone's faces and they were like...WTF!!! :-X and Courtney Love was there too...Now who gives a crap about that crazy lady and what does she have to do with house music? Mansion's team needs help! and there has been other nights that I would see people standing around most of the time like if they werent feeling the music! Im just not feeling it. and I have gotten the same feedback from others. ;)

I tried going back a few other times thinking that maybe they were just having a bad night..but to me...its not all that...Its just a nice club with alright music. They need to bring better dj's in there! Someone needs to make this club happen! :-\

Mansion is not a difficult venue. It's large, so it needs something banging, but aside from that there's no challenge. The crowd isn't there for the music, and they are most pleased when they hear a tune they recognize.

Guest ROcKiNrOx

Just because the club is full doesn't mean the Dj is rocking it. Space has its share of fucked up people that frequent it (like every other club, whether you want to see it or not) but there's a good portion of the crowd that is very musically aware. Even the fucked up ones aren't easy to please; I've seen that room full but asleep. Further, I frequent the club and take personal offense at your ignorant comments.

Mansion is not a difficult venue. It's large, so it needs something banging, but aside from that there's no challenge. The crowd isn't there for the music, and they are most pleased when they hear a tune they recognize.

You stick to your opinion and I stick to mine ;) probably you got offended because youre one of the crackheads at space...lol :-X :P

Guest ROcKiNrOx

No, I got offended because you are generalizing and making rude, ignorant comments. ::)

Look! not everything in this world is perfect! not everything is always going to be nice and pretty! you have to learn how to take critisism. and plus these forums are for all of us to state our opinions. To you it might of been rude and ignorant comments...but to me they were not! :P

Guest Devilicious

No, I got offended because you are generalizing and making rude, ignorant comments. ::)

Look! not everything in this world is perfect! not everything is always going to be nice and pretty! you have to learn how to take critisism. and plus these forums are for all of us to state our opinions. To you it might of been rude and ignorant comments...but to me they were not! :P

LOL

There are lots of ignoramt people in the world. You have a right to say whatever you want, but don't expect to make outlandish remarks without getting set straight.

Guest coach

Amika... I went on a saturday so it may be different on other nights but the impression i got was that people werent there to dance. They were there to mingle, see and be seen.

Not picking on you personally, but I never understand why so many people on this board see this as a bad thing. Being at a club is NOT just about the music. Being at a concert maybe is, but a nightclub encompasses so much more than that.

It is perfectly legitimate for people to want to just go hang out. Maybe they've had a hard day and are too tired to dance. Maybe they are just embarrassed. Maybe they are too lazy. Whatever the reason, not dancing at a club is no reason to denigrate clubbers OR a club that caters to them.

I'm not saying you are doing this, I am just making a general point because so many people on this board regularly say bad things about people who are not there for the music. There's nothing wrong with not keeping up with the latest trends on music. There is nothing wrong with not knowing who plays what or what genre is what. Not everyone has time to memorize all the tracks so they can sit around and trainspot all night. There is a LOT of bashing going on in this thread and its just annoying.

Back to the question at hand, I would think the hardest club to rock would be Opium Garden because of all the idiotic sound laws they are dealing with. Nikki completely gave up having outdoor parties after dark because of these issues. So, my pick would be Opium.

Amika... I went on a saturday so it may be different on other nights but the impression i got was that people werent there to dance. They were there to mingle, see and be seen.

Not picking on you personally, but I never understand why so many people on this board see this as a bad thing. Being at a club is NOT just about the music. Being at a concert maybe is, but a nightclub encompasses so much more than that.

It is perfectly legitimate for people to want to just go hang out. Maybe they've had a hard day and are too tired to dance. Maybe they are just embarrassed. Maybe they are too lazy. Whatever the reason, not dancing at a club is no reason to denigrate clubbers OR a club that caters to them.

I'm not saying you are doing this, I am just making a general point because so many people on this board regularly say bad things about people who are not there for the music. There's nothing wrong with not keeping up with the latest trends on music. There is nothing wrong with not knowing who plays what or what genre is what. Not everyone has time to memorize all the tracks so they can sit around and trainspot all night. There is a LOT of bashing going on in this thread and its just annoying.

Back to the question at hand, I would think the hardest club to rock would be Opium Garden because of all the idiotic sound laws they are dealing with. Nikki completely gave up having outdoor parties after dark because of these issues. So, my pick would be Opium.

I dont see that as a bad thing at all, as a matter of fact I gave the club props for all the business it was generating due to the massive VIP section in the middle. Im not speaking for anyone else other than me, and that is not why i go to a club. You will RARELY see me hanging out in the VIP, its just not my style. But yes, i do see your point. To many others, the VIP is the place to be, and the music is just a backdrop to their night.

The question at hand deals specifically with the musical aspect of a nightclub so i answered in turn.

I also think that Opium is a very hard room to rock because of the horrible acoustics. Last time i was there was for Christopher Lawrence and then again for Layo & Bushwacka and the sound was AWFUL. From the booth, you had no idea it sounded so bad on the dancefloor. Coach, i think i recall seeing you and Annette there for one of those nights......

Guest ROcKiNrOx

LOL

There are lots of ignoramt people in the world. You have a right to say whatever you want, but don't expect to make outlandish remarks without getting set straight.

:P

Guest The Twilight Zone

Hey guys, I'm DJ Mood, I'll be spinning every Sunday really good house alone with Gabriel Fain, we started last Sunday and I think it was awesome, we are rockin' the place! come by!

Mood

www.sosoundrecordings.com

Damn, I can smell the desperation from here!

Guest Roxybella1

THIS THREAD IS FINISHED! ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE. MANSION HAS THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE SO WITH THAT IT SAYS "MANSION IS THE HARDEST ROOM TO ROCK"...

THE END 8)