Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Strobe light

Guest Devilicious

How do you feel about a strobe light in the club?  

1. 1. How do you feel about a strobe light in the club?

Guest Devilicious

personally, i can't stand strobes. they give me headaches and i can't walk straight when they're on. i think they should be eliminated across the board

If it is used at the right time, like during an intense drum build up, I like it. But if it gets over used, it does suck.

For a dancer, the strobe light gives you a great effect. Especially if you do a lot of floor work or pop.

Guest durrtylexx

If it is used at the right time, like during an intense drum build up, I like it. But if it gets over used, it does suck.

For a dancer, the strobe light gives you a great effect. Especially if you do a lot of floor work or pop.

exactly, all the "clubbing" elements when used properly add to the clubbing experience.

Some of my fondest clubbing memories have occured while a dirty bass line drops and a strobe starts at the same time.

I'm just tired of the horn..

I agree it has to be used at the right time and not over used. It can annoy me if it's on to long.

Guest Justin Johnson

Strobelite Honeys...

"I gotta go, I gotta go, I gotta go..."

Black Sheep anyone? Buehler?

Guest Justin Johnson

Strobelite Honeys...

"I gotta go, I gotta go, I gotta go..."

Black Sheep anyone? Buehler?

I think it's the Strobe light. You can't beat that with a bat!

8)

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else" :P

Guest pod

Correctly applied, a strobe effect is a wonderful thing.

I'm a fan of the strobe, but as an effect, not as the mainstay of my lighting program. In my programming, sometimes I'll run the strobes at a very low intensity for the duration, but not as the main focal point of the program.

One thing I like about certain strobe units (Martin Atomic 3000, Highend AF1000), is the ability to do a quick burst at "more than" full intensity, i.e. like someone set off a nuke in the room. Only downside is, you overtemp your fixture and it has to cool off for a few minutes.

Guest General

too much of any one device isnt good. be it horn, strobe, siren, etc.

I have to agree, too much of anything can be bad. I for the most part enjoy the strobe light but is nothing I would miss in a club. 8)