Clubplanet Nightlife Community

METROPOLIS @ The Miami Herald !!

Guest PeMaN

Guest badman
Dynacord is crap. loud that is it. no dynamics or “fidelityâ€.

What club in Miami has a better sound system than the Dynacord Alpha One installed at Space? For that matter, what club in the US has a better system than the one installed at Space?

MetropolisDowntown has the same system except they have 30% more power 6 Towers instead of 4.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mursa

I think some of you folks take the clubbing industry a bit too serious ...

...if your a clubber, go out to wherever you like, have fun and thats it .

if u really like dragon ball z that much u should buy a ps2(if u havent) and get the game...im not that much into games, but a friend of mine has it and all i can say is wow unreal

whats ur prob nigga ? .......your into teletubbies, you dont see me post about that do you ? . lol

im not into videogames ....i just enjoy the uncit japanese version of DBZ,Gt .............badass shit i tell you ! 8)

Guest klit

9. Did you know Space has all the big jocks on lock down and the rest Dade knows who happened to own shawdow lounge and has done parties for years now and is tight with all the jocks and agencies, so again, which jocks are you gonna book? I think George Acosta is available.

I don't know about that. Morillo is supposedly playing crobar sept., tiesto at prive in october, lawler no longer with space. These are all huge names that used to be primarily at space and now all of a sudden they are elsewhere.

15. Whats the state of the house scene?

Ronald Luna, Mansion Wednesday , Yage Saturdays, Learn

I was at yage last night till went to space for oscar g and must admit the music was pretty damn good. Still got much room for improvement but definately a local on the rise.

I think metropolis should do fine, but a venue that big will be tough as hell to pack in and if its not packed will probably look pretty dead if the crowd can be spread out. Good example is noc when I've been there. You can tell there are people in the place but they are spread out around 2 much and place just looks like a huge empty spot most the time. Thank god for the local celebrity party though where it seems to be doing well.

I think some of you folks take the clubbing industry a bit too serious ...

...if your a clubber, go out to wherever you like, have fun and thats it .

if u really like dragon ball z that much u should buy a ps2(if u havent) and get the game...im not that much into games, but a friend of mine has it and all i can say is wow unreal

whats ur prob nigga ? .......your into teletubbies, you dont see me post about that do you ? . lol

im not into videogames ....i just enjoy the uncit japanese version of DBZ,Gt .............badass shit i tell you ! 8)

that wasnt a joke, i was being for real...and i dont have a prob...i used to like dbz too back in the day

Guest salvatore

joining George in the main room will be Salvatore from *69records... and the club is about 4 - 5 weeks away... the sound and lights are left + + +

Guest Chica

Why don't we wait and see what happens instead of all this asking and predicting!

Let's all hope is good and successful, best of luck!

Chic

Why don't we wait and see what happens instead of all this asking and predicting!

Chic

those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it..

List of clubs that have tried to operate in Downtown Miami since the opening of Club Space.

Cafe Nostalgia

Cielo

Club Downtown

Crobar Downtown

Eclipse

Envy

Escape

Exile

Fuel

House

Ice Palace

Living Room Downtown

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Players

Power Studios

Pure

Rio

Sanctuary

Sky Lounge

The Beach

The River

Warehouse

Total money lost by investors = Over $50,000,000.00.

Guest Chica

well then it sucks for them, is their money they should be smart and spend it wisely. Can't blame them for trying, u never know ;)......

Guest Cosmigonon

Chic

Yeah, but most people here are clubbers who only care about the finished product, so I suggest to do what Chica says, sit back, realax, and go to the club when it's done and see what it has to offer.

Guest pod

Totally. Posting on messageboards isn't just for the "clubber" anymore. We've got industry people arguing back and forth and getting into borderline fistfights, and I couldn't be happier.

Even going out isn't just "going out" anymore. You'd be surprised on how rampant speculation and so forth form the part of your average clubgoers' conversations...

Guest Cosmigonon

Im just being positive you guys lol, the reality might be different.....all there is to do is wait ;)

XO

Chic

Same here, I get enough stress from my job, but thanks anyway... ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

it's like watching football but not discussing T.O's contract issues, Javon and Farve's contract issue Moss and Tice issuses.. It's part of the scene like it or not..

Not the same at all. People have fun going to the clubs, regardless of what goes on in the background, is not like I'm rooting for Space or Metropolis to win, I'll just go to wherever I have the most fun... 8)

Guest teabag

knowing the ins and outs of a new club help form an educated clubber to ever put a foot on a shitty establishment.....

Guest Chica

Im just being positive you guys lol, the reality might be different.....all there is to do is wait ;)

XO

Chic

Same here, I get enough stress from my job, but thanks anyway... ;)

ugh! work sucks! but pay the bills lol

Guest swank

The 5 dos of running a club

Money

Management

Marketing

Music

Knowing the mafia

They got money

Dunno about management

Marketing is tough since it's 5 clubs in one

Their djs are really weak and won't cut it...

Heres my questionaire for thier marketing team, I'm gonna proove why if you want to run with the big dogs you better know what the fuck is up.. (BTW my consulting fee is 100 an hour)

1. what happens when you book a large name dj and space flys in morrillo and opens up the club for free and open bar? What do you do?

2. What do you do when you actualy pull off a good night with a house dj and Space wanders over and hands him double the cash?

3. Do you have any idea if LP and Dade go way way back and will colude to shut you out of thier customers pockets?

4. What happens when Nocturnal and Space steal your employees who are doing a good job? How do you think Eddy came to be at Space?? And his brother runs amika and his other brother runs crobar...

5. What lessons did we learn from club maze?

6. What happens when crobar and nocturnal team up?

7. What have we learned from the Tai situation?

8. What big name djs are you going to book?

9. Did you know Space has all the big jocks on lock down and the rest Dade knows who happened to own shawdow lounge and has done parties for years now and is tight with all the jocks and agencies, so again, which jocks are you gonna book? I think George Acosta is available.

10. Didn't edgar v's stint at nocturnal proove that trance won't work, unless it's the top 3 or 4 dogs, who all spin at space?

11. What happens if Space gets cute and runs open bar and no cover for a month? (traffic programs known in the club world) Can you guys macth that?

12. How long did it take space to be successful downtown?

13. How long did nocturnal take to be successful downtown?

14. What happens if Space and Noc tell agencies if you guys book dj so and so, they won't book the bigger names who can be replaced any time by other bigger names??

15. Whats the state of the house scene?

16. Whos the new and up and comming jocks???

17. What happens when space opens up in NYC and goes after crobar which space is slowly killing...

18. Is 150 parking spots enough?

19. Did you offer DT a gig yet?

20. Did you know what you are in for booking Jr V?

21. How does the shelborne opening up affect you?

22. Are you guys ready for the politics of owning a club in Miami?

Not trying to be a dick, but those djs don't play space, and if they never play space, thats meas they are not good enough to... Dade scouted this whoel town out for 2 years looking for jocks... None of them showed up on his radar... Why?

24. Is it true they are knocking that building down?

25. Haven't we seen tons of people throw money at clubs downtown and fail, why will you guys not fail??

26. Why did Nocturnal pass up on dynacort?

27. Who's going to control the WMC?

28. Who's going to control MMC?

29. How many festivals will be next year at the wmc?

30. Who many festivals wil be next year for mmc?

31. Where are sasha and digweed going to be playing together at?

32. Is your location good enough? Will people even know where your club is?

33. What experience do you guys have running a mega club? Name examples please.

34. Isn't it true you told some about booking tiesto which is just utter bs?

Buckle up boys, you are gonna get a taste of clubbing 101 in this town...

Good luck, but on the house side of things, the market can't support yous.. Not enough clubbers..

What pisses me off is the fact that someone somewhere has the dough to throw millions of dollars at such a risky venture when they can just stick it into realeastate and actualy make money...

How do you wacko wanna be club owners get so rich, yet make so many foolish mistakes thinking you can open up a club???

ps, I forgot to mention, top secret information will be revealed this weekend, well part of it... Do you guys know what it is? I do and the clubbers will find out this weekend..

Here's the real important thing...

people who invest this kind of money HAVE IT TO INVEST! So if anyone on this board is under the impression that no research was done before jumping into the "Miami Club Pool" are sadly uninformed.

The difference between myself and them is that they have access to those amounts of funds and I respect them for it.

Not because of the money but for the balls required to take the risks neccesary to become successful enough to aquire those assets.

I know that in general "message boards" are for snot nosed adolescent complainers but I was kinda hoping to avoid that on a board dedicated to "nightlife" something that should be pleasurable, so that we could have pleasant conversations about something we all have in common...

we love music!

where's the love ???

*rant finished*

Here's the real important thing...

people who invest this kind of money HAVE IT TO INVEST! So if anyone on this board is under the impression that no research was done before jumping into the "Miami Club Pool" are sadly uninformed.

The difference between myself and them is that they have access to those amounts of funds and I respect them for it.

Not because of the money but for the balls required to take the risks neccesary to become successful enough to aquire those assets.

I know that in general "message boards" are for snot nosed adolescent complainers but I was kinda hoping to avoid that on a board dedicated to "nightlife" something that should be pleasurable, so that we could have pleasant conversations about something we all have in common...

we love music!

where's the love ???

*rant finished*

I agree....I was not going to post anything but..What the heck... Now, without being partial, if what I saw going on in that establishment not too long ago is any indication of how well this club is going to do, then without a doubt, they will be hugely successful. You name it, they thought of everything. It was immediately evident to me that this project took a lot of planning and mapping. No arbitrary, impulsive and last minute decisions. From what I saw and was told, they are extremely well organized. You can easily tell these guys are seasoned pros at this game. Now I understand why they are planning on opening on thur,fri and sat from the beginning. I came out of that building in utter confusion, dazed and shaking my head in awe like WTF? No way!!? How the f**k?. Nah these guys are for real. Good lord. :o

Guest dudewithatude

Chic

List of clubs that have tried to operate in Downtown Miami since the opening of Club Space.

Cafe Nostalgia

Cielo

Club Downtown

Crobar Downtown

Eclipse

Envy

Escape

Exile

Fuel

House

Ice Palace

Living Room Downtown

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Players

Power Studios

Pure

Rio

Sanctuary

Sky Lounge

The Beach

The River

Warehouse

Total money lost by investors = Over $50,000,000.00.

umm, seen this list before...get a new argument. Plus, there was a Cielo in downtown??? when? where? Love the one in NY.

Guest pod

Cielo was a brief, failed experiement at a Latin venue in Brickell.

Nothing to do with the venue in New York.

Cielo Miami failed, hence money lost.