Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2006 Audi RS4

Audi USA has finally introduced the US-spec RS4...bout time...

from Automobile Magazine...

Thanks to Audi, you can cross one vehicle off the list of Europe-only cars you wish were sold in North America. The previous-generation RS4 was available only as a wagon and wasn't sold in the U.S., but the new RS4 will be coming stateside. And since Audi realizes that most Americans aren't keen on super-fast grocery-getters, it has wisely chosen the sedan version of the newly face-lifted A4 as the foundation for the scorching RS4 derivative. Continued development of Audi's venerable 4.2-liter V-8 has brought the redline to 8250 rpm and output to 420 horsepower without the use of forced induction, as on the previous RS4, which was powered by a twin-turbo V-6.

0503_audi_rs4_01.jpg

Engineers attempted to keep the weight down by employing aluminum on body panels and suspension parts, but the car still weighs a rather chunky 3600 pounds. We predict that the upcoming 400-hp V-8 BMW M3 will be at least 150 lbs less. Audi claims the RS4 can achieve 62 mph in 4.8 seconds, which is about what we predict the next M3 will do. Even if the RS4 can't shake an M3 on a road course, it may be able to beat its BMW counterpart on looks--a revised front fascia, larger tailpipes, and lightweight wheels effectively portray a much more aggressive stance than the common S4. We'll find out who takes the next round of the classic Ingolstadt-Munich rivalry as soon as we can get our hands on both of these highly desirable Teutonic muscle cars.

0503_audi_rs4_12.jpg

0503_audi_rs4_04.jpg

Guest LeVeL

I been buzzing about this car for months already since they announced it at the Car show that this model was coming out. This Audi just has that Edge of sportyness which spells F-A-S-T with lxury and style.

A better buy than a Lexus, Acura, BMW, even the Benz.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I been buzzing about this car for months already since they announced it at the Car show that this model was coming out. This Audi just has that Edge of sportyness which spells F-A-S-T with lxury and style.

A better buy than a Lexus' date=' Acura, BMW, even the Benz.

[/quote']I agree...

performance???

1 Porsche Carrera GT 7:32

2. Corvette Z06 7:42 <<< and it wasn't in the best conditions like the other cars...

3. Porsche 996 GT2 7:42

4. Lambo Murcielago 7:50

5. Lambo Gallardo 7:52

6. Mclaren SLR 7:52

7. Corvette C6 7:59

8. Porsche 911 8:07

9. Viper GTA 8:10

Fastest times ever for production car around Nurburgring..

Then compare costs.. For 70 grand, it's the second fastest ever!!!!!!!!!

Guest Civs

outta my price range :( i tend to max out at 10-12k. car payments and I don't get along!

Erik B and Rakim said it best: Paid in Full!!

I love the M3 BMW, it is classic car that set new standards of design and performance.

I like the looks of the RS-4, because it looks just like the M3 or other 3 series BMW's. It looks like the just changed the front grill and bumper.

the M3 is a nice car, i believe you will be dissapointed on the new model for next year...they are coming out w/ a newer design that resembles the current late 2005/early 2006 3 series, current 5 series.

The RS4 also has new headlights, taillights, non turbo for 06 w/ more horses, just overall sick car.

I remember when Audi USA first announced the RS6 to come to the US, i was like wow...saw the RS6 once in downtown miami...almost fainted lol.

The new Rs4 is definitely a sweet looking car. It also makes about 100 hp per liter without forced induction. Which is also nice. But I still prefer the older one. It was a 2.7 liter v6 twin turbo which made 380 hp. It had more of a raw edge IMO. And more exclusive. I'm a huge turbo fanatc (duh!) and to me Audi+turbo+4wd is the real deal. That's what defines an Audi to me. The Original Audi Quattro Rally Car from the early 80's single handedly dominated the world Rally championship. That's the car that sent all the other European car engineers back to the drawing board to design teir own 4wd systems. It's pretty much the car that paved the way for all the new rally bred racecars of today like The Lancer EVO, Subaru impreza WRX STI, the Peugeot 206 GTI, the Focus Cosworth. The legendary twin charged Lancia delta and much more......Without Audi none of them would have been here. That's why the combination of all wheel drive and turbo is so important to me in an Audi....The history behind the brand.....So, looks aside, I am kinda disappointed with the new RS4.

The new Rs4 is definitely a sweet looking car. It also makes about 100 hp per liter without forced induction. Which is also nice. But I still prefer the older one. It was a 2.7 liter v6 twin turbo which made 380 hp. It had more of a raw edge IMO. And more exclusive. I'm a huge turbo fanatc (duh!) and to me Audi+turbo+4wd is the real deal. That's what defines an Audi to me. The Original Audi Quattro Rally Car from the early 80's single handedly dominated the world Rally championship. That's the car that sent all the other European car engineers back to the drawing board to design teir own 4wd systems. It's pretty much the car that paved the way for all the new rally bred racecars of today like The Lancer EVO' date=' Subaru impreza WRX STI, the Peugeot 206 GTI, the Focus Cosworth. The legendary twin charged Lancia delta and much more......Without Audi none of them would have been here. That's why the combination of all wheel drive and turbo is so important to me in an Audi....The history behind the brand.....So, looks aside, I am kinda disappointed with the new RS4.

[/quote']

dont worry im sure there will be some aftermarket twin turbo kit made just for it... ;)

Its sick yes, but its also a LOT more expensive than the M3($80,000). And for a VW? Id like to see how this keeps in the long run. I hope it doesn't fall a part like the rest of them do.....

Also, another thing, the M3 always has been more of a driver's car. I love the grip of all wheel drive, but nothing requires more skill and is more rewarding to drive than a sporty high powered RWD car. I've driven the previous generation M3 (e36) and I must say it's brilliant. The feedback, responses etc. And that model was underpowered compared to the Euro model (240 versus 321). That's saying a lot.

Its sick yes' date=' but its also a LOT more expensive than the M3($80,000). And for a VW? Id like to see how this keeps in the long run. I hope it doesn't fall a part like the rest of them do.....

[/quote']

Also, another thing, the M3 always has been more of a driver's car. I love the grip of all wheel drive, but nothing requires more skill and is more rewarding to drive than a sporty high powered RWD car. I've driven the previous generation M3 and I must say it's brilliant. The feedback, responses etc. And that model was underpowered compared to the Euro model (240 versus 321). That's saying a lot.

i havent driven a m3 yet, but ive driven a z06 and the power was deff there.

once u start hitting 400-550+ on say 20psi+ than that's when the fun begins...no words can describe it...but that's a whole diff discussion.

The new Rs4 is definitely a sweet looking car. It also makes about 100 hp per liter without forced induction. Which is also nice. But I still prefer the older one. It was a 2.7 liter v6 twin turbo which made 380 hp. It had more of a raw edge IMO. And more exclusive. I'm a huge turbo fanatc (duh!) and to me Audi+turbo+4wd is the real deal. That's what defines an Audi to me. The Original Audi Quattro Rally Car from the early 80's single handedly dominated the world Rally championship. That's the car that sent all the other European car engineers back to the drawing board to design teir own 4wd systems. It's pretty much the car that paved the way for all the new rally bred racecars of today like The Lancer EVO, Subaru impreza WRX STI, the Peugeot 206 GTI, the Focus Cosworth. The legendary twin charged Lancia delta and much more......Without Audi none of them would have been here. That's why the combination of all wheel drive and turbo is so important to me in an Audi....The history behind the brand.....So, looks aside, I am kinda disappointed with the new RS4.

dont worry im sure there will be some aftermarket twin turbo kit made just for it... ;)

Oh yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. Some sick maniac out there is going to find 420 hp and 415 lb/ft of tq not enough and slap a twin turbo kit on it. LOL. My question is how much will it cost? No less than $12000. I prefer when cars come turbo from the factory. All you need to do is upgrade parts.

The new Rs4 is definitely a sweet looking car. It also makes about 100 hp per liter without forced induction. Which is also nice. But I still prefer the older one. It was a 2.7 liter v6 twin turbo which made 380 hp. It had more of a raw edge IMO. And more exclusive. I'm a huge turbo fanatc (duh!) and to me Audi+turbo+4wd is the real deal. That's what defines an Audi to me. The Original Audi Quattro Rally Car from the early 80's single handedly dominated the world Rally championship. That's the car that sent all the other European car engineers back to the drawing board to design teir own 4wd systems. It's pretty much the car that paved the way for all the new rally bred racecars of today like The Lancer EVO' date=' Subaru impreza WRX STI, the Peugeot 206 GTI, the Focus Cosworth. The legendary twin charged Lancia delta and much more......Without Audi none of them would have been here. That's why the combination of all wheel drive and turbo is so important to me in an Audi....The history behind the brand.....So, looks aside, I am kinda disappointed with the new RS4.

[/quote']

Oh yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. Some sick maniac out there is going to find 420 hp and 415 lb/ft of tq not enough and slap a twin turbo kit on it. LOL. My question is how much will it cost? No less than $12000. I prefer when cars come turbo from the factory. All you need to do is upgrade parts.

i agree but we all know how "big" those turbos are...t25/t28 aka mini-me...

I love the M3 BMW, it is classic car that set new standards of design and performance.

I like the looks of the RS-4, because it looks just like the M3 or other 3 series BMW's. It looks like the just changed the front grill and bumper.

The M3 has always been a beast of a car. However, out of all three generations, my favorite has to be what i refer to as the OG M3. In other words, the 1st generaton M3. It was so raw and unpretentious. Wide flared fenders, ridiculous suspension, high strung racy 2.5 liter engine. It allowed a very thin margin for driver error. It was a pure driving tool. No stupid driver aids like traction control etc. No excessive opulence, luxury, none of that crap. It was essentially the M3 race car detuned for the street. Just pure driving ecstasy. Not for poseurs, only hardcore drivers need apply. The newr M3's IMO continue the legacy, albeit with more weight, padding and unecessary luxury which hinder the car's overall performance. They've gotten a little soft. Not in the power dept of course. but in the overall driving experience. Oh well that's what the market demands, So you can't blame them.

Guest ddg

i could have sworn i had seen an rs6 out on the road somewhere....anyways...all the new audis are beautiful cars.....but they are known for their problems....

Guest lyrik

i could have sworn i had seen an rs6 out on the road somewhere....anyways...all the new audis are beautiful cars.....but they are known for their problems....

I thought I seen it too - may have just been after market modified...was lookin at the Audi, 325, TL and G35...but decided on this...just this Monday

chevrolet_tahoe_2wd_2005_exterior_4_346x270.jpg

The RS6 is definitely a rare and special car. Twin turbo v8 450 hp. nice. That's the engine they should have put in the new RS4. I can't believe Audi is abandoning turbocharging. My only gripe about it is that it was not offered with a manual transmission. Only a tiptronic type gearbox. Still brutally quick though. I prefer the M5 though. I need 6 gears and a clutch to stir my soul.

Guest GoodLife

A couple pretty built Audis come into my work, interesting sound they have.

The Carrera GT on the other hand has one extraordinary sound.