Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Curious? HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT GREG "STRYKE" to...

Guest swank

Guest Devilicious

Every one wants Greg to come back to Nocturnal yet half of the people who said Me!!!

Never went to see him ::)

True.

And you two were there every week, being sure to take attendance? lame. ::)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmigonon

Every one wants Greg to come back to Nocturnal yet half of the people who said Me!!!

True.

Please, everybody here posts everywhere they went pretty much every weekend...

Guest djtroko

Greg is the only dj who should be allowed to spin at the patio. And maybe me every once in a while. He is truly the king of the Noc terrace.

Guest Devilicious

True.

Please, everybody here posts everywhere they went pretty much every weekend...

First of all that's not true, and second I don't think you're that bored that you can actually recall every weekend where everyone went! :P

Guest LeVeL

As you can see in my prior response I stated that I never got into him...which tell you exactly that I have yet to go to Nocturnal to see him. ::)

never got into him as a Dj so thats my answer :-\

I am just stating that some people post that they want him back yet never went to see him when he was playing. I just think if your going to support a Dj then really give him your support. Dont just post on a message board something but yet you never backed it up by showing that support.

Guest james stratus

I have yet to make it to Nocturnal, period. I want to go but things have made that difficult as of late. I have heard Stryke spin quite a few times over the years and I believe he really deserves this residency. It finally showed that there was love for him in his home town. So just because I haven't gone doesn't mean I and most others won't go, and do support the man whether we are there or not. ;)

Guest Devilicious

And you two were there every week' date=' being sure to take attendance? lame. ::)

[/quote']

As you can see in my prior response I stated that I never got into him...which tell you exactly that I have yet to go to Nocturnal to see him. ::)

LOL, that's my point. How could you possibly know who did and who did not attend an event if you weren't there yourself? There are tons of reasons someone might not be able to make it out. That doesn't mean they don't have a right to support the party.

Guest Cosmigonon

LOL, that's my point. How could you possibly know who did and who did not attend an event if you weren't there yourself? There are tons of reasons someone might not be able to make it out. That doesn't mean they don't have a right to support the party.

Please T, I don't have to be every at Space to get an idea of which CJ members were there or not, cause pretty much everybody posts it , same goes for Nocturnal, don't you remember the numerous threads about people complaining of the vip bands, you pretty much get the idea of who was there and who wasn't; it's not rocket science, you know...

Personally, I've never heard Stryke, so I don't have an opinion on wether he should be back or not, I was just commenting on Level's post...

yeah, stryke is the only one I see representing techno in the 305/954. bring that motherfucker back so i have a reason to goto nocturnal.

Actually his sets there were very varied. From ambient, to house, techno, breaks.....it was all there.

I personally would like to see Greg back on the Noc terrace of course. I really felt that was great home for his talents and it would have done really well given a real chance with support from people that know how phenominal a dj he is.

Guest swank

Stryke hates the barrier game,

"I see it all as music. Every genre has music which is good or bad. That's it. I hate the fact that some people raise an eyebrow when I release a house record when perhaps they know me for techno. All that should matter is whether something is good or bad. Period."

Greg "Stryke" Chin

"I see it all as music. Every genre has music which is good or bad. That's it. I hate the fact that some people raise an eyebrow when I release a house record when perhaps they know me for techno. All that should matter is whether something is good or bad. Period."

Greg "Stryke" Chin

And anybody who had the opportunity to catch one of his sets on Nocturnal's terrace will agree that he was dropping nothing but good stuff. Oh well, I guess those great sets will remain as great memories .

Guest ramon

Greg "Stryke" Chin

I totally agree with this, but when I first met greg he only played techno or atleast when I saw him play (simons '99!!) and he still is one of my biggest influences in the genre and really gave us some other options instead of just house. let him play house let him play techno just let him play .. i can't think of anyone more deserving to play that patio week in and week out .. maybe the people will get it one day .. or maybe we'll loose yet another dj to the international game because we cant fuckin appreciate what we have here!! </rant>

Guest swank

Greg "Stryke" Chin

I totally agree with this, but when I first met greg he only played techno or atleast when I saw him play (simons '99!!) and he still is one of my biggest influences in the genre and really gave us some other options instead of just house. let him play house let him play techno just let him play .. i can't think of anyone more deserving to play that patio week in and week out .. maybe the people will get it one day .. or maybe we'll loose yet another dj to the international game because we cant fuckin appreciate what we have here!! </rant>

I hear that he actually just came back from out of the country where of course he is considered a hero!

Stryke don't wait for nobody! and maybe you're right, maybe he will just throw his hands up in the air and say "phuk it". Why waste so much energy here in my hometown where there's no love when I could be stylin' in Europe or South America.

Who knows...maybe there are other venues who would love to have him...

AGAIN!....just my humble opinion. ;)

I'll say it like this:

Tsettos is a jersey shore gudio shirtless cheese dj that plays whitney houston remixes and the keys to relentless every set

Stryke is a techno dj

perception is truth

madison ave 101!!!

The question is: Why is there a perception? How do we get rid of that perception?

Denny and Greg both need to work on their preceptions, not their djing.. I had to beat tsettos to death until he came around to my school of thought and now he's doing really well. For example his website now doesn't say "nj's premier dj" in the main text. Took me a month of convicing him to change it. Clubs in south america don't book nj djs, only if you are morillo..

Guest swank

I'll say it like this:

Tsettos is a jersey shore gudio shirtless cheese dj that plays whitney houston remixes and the keys to relentless every set

Stryke is a techno dj

perception is truth

madison ave 101!!!

The question is: Why is there a perception? How do we get rid of that perception?

hmmmmm....interesting, there is some truth to the perception theory and I too think that this perception needs to be addressed.

I'll say it like this:

Stryke is a techno dj

perception is truth

madison ave 101!!!

Denny and Greg both need to work on their preceptions, not their djing.. I had to beat tsettos to death until he came around to my school of thought and now he's doing really well. For example his website now doesn't say "nj's premier dj" in the main text. Took me a month of convicing him to change it. Clubs in south america don't book nj djs, only if you are morillo..

One of the 22 immutable laws of marketing. Violate them at your own risk. This one in particular is the law of perception. Once you get yourself to undestand these laws, you can market yourself to anybody. You can have the worst product on the market, and be the hottest seller. Coincidentally, you can have the best, top of the line product and starve. It's all about knowing how to get into the mind and emotions of your market, and in turn creating some sort of loyalty. For instance, from my personal experience, In the running shoe segment, Nike makes some of the best looking and most marketable, not to mention best SELLING running shoes on the market. You see the key word here is "SELLING". But as far as quality and/or performance goes, research will show you that they are mediocre at best. So why do they sell? They 've gotten into their buyers minds and emotions from the beginning. And the ones that buy them will not even consider another brand. Not because nike is technically better than Adidas or New Balance, but because they've become loyal to the brand. Clever marketing at it's best...... Big budgets are only part of the equation, getting into your prospects minds' is an even bigger part. How many well known corporations have thrown millions into a new product, only to remove them off the shelves a few months later (i.e The new Coke, early 1990's).

So as you can see, by default a lot of people are "programmed" to stick to a certain brand because of their perception of it. We all know that Greg is a fantastic dj with some straight up wicked skills and track selection. One of the most versatile out there. And one of my favorites altogether. His true fans know that he is not a "Techno DJ", but a versatile one. However, a lot of people perceive him as a "Techno DJ", and as a result think that it's all they are going to hear. I already have an idea of what Nocturnal is trying to do and what their motive behind it is, and I'm pretty sure of what their next move is going to be. It all has to do with strategic marketing more than anything. And I agree. But hey this is CJ, and with all the industry kiss asses on here if even post my opinion, I'll get bombarded with hate mail. And I simply don't have time for that.