Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Well, it looks like Nic Fanciulli...

Guest r3nz0

Guest web_norah

not my sound and defo not my type of venue but that flyer is really poor... bad marketing on someones behalf... and the dj's that are booked.... hmmmmm... w/ a few exceptions... pretty poor for a venue thats just been remodeled and quoted as being "miami's best venue"...

I never post much about this type of sound or space in general so I'm sure you guys are like...who the hell is this punk? but ramon can vouche for me... been in this biz for over 12 years and had my run w/ "big club, big room" sound back ala 1995-1999... mad respect for all styles and genres of house music but space just isn't the place for me... I was there in Dec. really late (or late in my books) for Sanchez on the Terrace/Patio.... left w/in 15 minutes....sat on Vaughan's buddies car and watched some pretty funny shit outside of that place.... so surprised the cops haven't cracked down harder...i watched at least a half dozen deals go down in broad daylight... and at least 3 or 4 undercover cops dressed as dums.... its soooo obvious.... was a really weird morning to say the least....

curious to hear OG though.... he'd be the only thing that wld make me go back in that place.... too many good memories of the first space building w/ DT's LaborDay wkend sets..and Thanksgiving am w/ Seaman & Warren...

Yes...deep house dj's can enjoy prog too... :)

curious to hear the "legends" response to this... you KILL me btw bro... always a great laugh when I read ur posts... please keep it up... and I mean that.... on a positive note... not being a smart ass.....

well, someone knows what is up finally.

thank you for placing such an honest response, i knew i wasnt the only one.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not my sound and defo not my type of venue but that flyer is really poor... bad marketing on someones behalf... and the dj's that are booked.... hmmmmm... w/ a few exceptions... pretty poor for a venue thats just been remodeled and quoted as being "miami's best venue"...

I never post much about this type of sound or space in general so I'm sure you guys are like...who the hell is this punk? but ramon can vouche for me... been in this biz for over 12 years and had my run w/ "big club, big room" sound back ala 1995-1999... mad respect for all styles and genres of house music but space just isn't the place for me... I was there in Dec. really late (or late in my books) for Sanchez on the Terrace/Patio.... left w/in 15 minutes....sat on Vaughan's buddies car and watched some pretty funny shit outside of that place.... so surprised the cops haven't cracked down harder...i watched at least a half dozen deals go down in broad daylight... and at least 3 or 4 undercover cops dressed as dums.... its soooo obvious.... was a really weird morning to say the least....

curious to hear OG though.... he'd be the only thing that wld make me go back in that place.... too many good memories of the first space building w/ DT's LaborDay wkend sets..and Thanksgiving am w/ Seaman & Warren...

curious to hear the "legends" response to this... you KILL me btw bro... always a great laugh when I read ur posts... please keep it up... and I mean that.... on a positive note... not being a smart ass.....

I'll be honest, now that I do business with clubs I can't just say the stuff I use to be able to. In terms of Space if I had one complaint it would be set times. The days of long marathon sets are over at Space and it makes me sad. I'm thrilled Denny took the room till 830am.. Give me DT, Morillo, Tsettos, OG, put em on at 1am and let them go wild till 11am in the main room, and no patio!!!

Guest junglesmacks

thats gay >:( >:(

no more sanchez either???????? gay

Are you serious?? WTF??? :o >:( :( :'(

HOLY freekin farkin bgeezus... that SUCKS

ok.. this.. is.. not.. looking.. good..

I have to say that is the person I would most like to see out of anyone for the rest of the year from the "old" lineup..

:'(

i dunno what homey had against his set in dec.. that was some of the thickest wickedest make-me-scratch-my-bald-head-and-go-WOW shit I've heard in a while..

Guest web_norah

btw

there is no Roger and Fanciulli because Sept is Ibiza closing parties, and everyone is booked to play there.

Guest mr. wilkins

I'm a pretty straight shooter.... Call'em like I see'em...

and web_norah..you need ro re-register ova on the Lust brd... new site w/ some new mixes, ect... Me thinky you likey

and I agree...The Patio was the worst thing to happen to SoBe's nightlife.... we're in a "night"club folks.... not a "day"club....

best times in SoBe where Groovejet... lights on @ 5am SHARP... hang w/ Luis & Sarah for 30 min or so...back at the house/condo/chic deco hotel before sunrise.... NOT going out @ 6am...

Guest junglesmacks

and I agree...The Patio was the worst thing to happen to SoBe's nightlife.... we're in a "night"club folks.... not a "day"club....

huh ? did u just say that the patio @ space was the worst thing to happen to sobe ?

why ...

100% agreed.. whoa..

terrace is the shiz-naughty

Guest mr. wilkins

huh ? did u just say that the patio @ space was the worst thing to happen to sobe ?

why ...

Patios/Terraces in general... but Space sort of started it all unless you count Amnesia back in the day..but that closed @ 5am too...

Andrew if I voiced my true feelings on this board I'd get eaten alive around here.....I never play w/ fire so maybe soemtime when I'm sown in SoBe and we run into one another I tell ya why.... all just my opinions... and who the hell am I? lol

Guest pod

Well, the way I see things is that Downtown is a serious threat to the Beach. Read Bling's feature article for a brief rundown...

The advantage of partying at Space is that you can 'cool down' before leaving the venue and becoming a menace to society on the roads of South Florida. I don't drive in general, but on occasion I have a rental or a borrowed vehicle, and I'll chill before I leave the venue. We've never met, but I drink like a fish and am in no condition to drive when I'm at a club, even at 5 AM.

Beach 5 AM closing time? Forget about it.

Not to say Beach venues aren't bad, but as of right now, the downtown 'threat' is still very real.

The variety is nice though. There's the Beach clubs for the type that like to go to bed at 5 AM, and then there's downtown for those whose nights begin at 3 AM or later.

u r right Joshua, most people dont take honesty that easy, comments are sometimes better kept to yourself

what i dont understand is why the patio at any given club is a "threat" to the beach .. if anything .. theres bigger "threats" within SOBE and most promoters dont even see them ;)

...is no longer playing with Sharam come September. :-\

spaceupcomingevents.jpg

At least Mark Knight has taken his place, who's a good producer/DJ in his own right.

pobrecito Renzo... :'(

Guest dj_release

Bollocks!

Space just lost me... they have some nice events going on what's next Tego Calderon vs Daddy Yankee ::) ::)

Guest mr. wilkins

u r right Joshua, most people dont take honesty that easy, comments are sometimes better kept to yourself

what i dont understand is why the patio at any given club is a "threat" to the beach .. if anything .. theres bigger "threats" within SOBE and most promoters dont even see them ;)

sorry...just to clear things up...I call "Miami" SoBe.... so in order to be correct and sound like a local.... Miami (being downtown) and SoBe (being Collins/Washington/Lincoln, et al).... when I printed SoBe I really meant the city of Miami and all surrounding areas in general....

:)

Guest AlanS

sorry...just to clear things up...I call "Miami" SoBe.... so in order to be correct and sound like a local.... Miami (being downtown) and SoBe (being Collins/Washington/Lincoln, et al).... when I printed SoBe I really meant the city of Miami and all surrounding areas in general....

who the hell is this punk? ;)

Guest LeVeL

mark knights' gonna blow your mind .. you guys just don't know. :)

I'll defintely be there for Mark Knight I love that guys productions.

Losing Fanciulli for Mark Knight is a win- win situation for us clubbers. He's going to rock that room 8)

Guest web_norah

I'm a pretty straight shooter.... Call'em like I see'em...

and web_norah..you need ro re-register ova on the Lust brd... new site w/ some new mixes, ect... Me thinky you likey

best times in SoBe where Groovejet... lights on @ 5am SHARP... hang w/ Luis & Sarah for 30 min or so...back at the house/condo/chic deco hotel before sunrise.... NOT going out @ 6am...

yes, i'll post soon

i like to tell it like it is as well -- and totally agree on the points you made before, but unfortunately, most people here will say otherwise.