Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roland vs Cedric discussion

V. Barbarino

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dirtyhouse777

this is a tough call, like someone said it compares apples and oranges. yet....

roland was my first REAL introduction to house music, before that all i knew was trance and ravey type stuff. didn't really see there was a difference between trance and house, didnt really care. then one morning as an intoxicated underager i stumbled to the old space into a "lunar sessions" party, the sound clicked and it really changed everything from then on out......

but for some reason i didnt really like roland at amika, and still havent heard him at nocturnal. for some reason he's stuck in my mind at space. and he does change up the track selection.

as for cedric, also a great dj, but fucking go record shopping.

he's playing the same shit every week, but for some reason it doesn't get boring, but there's still no excuse. if he's still playing pump up the jam when a get back....

since i haven't seen roland since he started at nocturnal i can't give a valid opinion, but just my 2 cents.

Guest dudeitzdiesel

well how can I start this off...IMO

Cedric...talented french boy, has adapted to the space style of crazy music, he's talented in his ways and I give him props.

on the otherhand...

Roland HANDS DOWN!!! Too many great memories and he just feeds me the right spoonfull of medicine if you know what I mean.

Guest Devilicious

Roland is the man.... But I won't give Nocturnal single cent.

I'm curious....why is that?

Cedric is competent, not exceptional, and certainly not talented. He plays some great tracks. Some have been around too long, some I don't mind hearing for a few weeks in a row. I've had a lot of fun with Cedric playing the soundtrack.

My problem with Cedric is that EVERY track is a track I know, and they are usually mixed in very similar ways. There's no diversity or inventiveness to his sets. I don't see him as an entertainer in any way.

Roland I haven't heard as much. In general he plays more unique sets with new ear candy week after week. I haven't recognized him as 'an entertainer' either, but the booth at noc is designed in a way that I hardly ever see him so it's hard to say.

Roland = much more talented DJ

Neither = entertainers

Roland gets my vote...

For those that never heard him spin in the main room @ Space just dont know.He can rock that place just as good or even better then most of the djs that spun/spin there.

Havent heard him "yet" @ Nocturnal so I cant really give my opinion on how it is there but I will shortly. 8)

Guest dirtyhouse777

nor will i. for me it's just the nature of the party. and i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about...

Guest Devilicious

nor will i. for me it's just the nature of the party. and i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about...

Ummmm, I don't. And I'm quite sure I'm not the only one. Criticize all you want, but if you have a reason for your bitterness I think you should post it.

Guest digital7

neither

I'll take foreign DJs any day :o

Cedric is French... Viola!!!

what does a musical instrument have to do with being french?

Je ne comprende pas

pourquoi ne comprenez-vous pas ? Im tournant à la prochaine chienne bleue de mois

I dont even understand how this is a discussion?

Roland in a landslide

ha ! what a joke, saying that to actually know EVERY track Cedric plays is a huge understatement ... I don't think even Ramon and Harold combined can ID EVERY track Cedric plays ... he gets a shit load of promos and "freshly baked" tracks straight out of the oven .. and he plays them ... I can't even believe how many messages I get asking ME to ask HIM for track ids ...

I find it very funny and interesting how some people always critisize about this and that but YOU ALL ALWAYS wind up @ space ... all the time and eventhough u don't get a hook up at the door u still go in and have fun and get drunk and do all sorts of funny stuff ...

Guest biznation00

this is a tough call, like someone said it compares apples and oranges. yet....

roland was my first REAL introduction to house music, before that all i knew was trance and ravey type stuff. didn't really see there was a difference between trance and house, didnt really care. then one morning as an intoxicated underager i stumbled to the old space into a "lunar sessions" party, the sound clicked and it really changed everything from then on out......

but for some reason i didnt really like roland at amika, and still havent heard him at nocturnal. for some reason he's stuck in my mind at space. and he does change up the track selection.

as for cedric, also a great dj, but fucking go record shopping.

he's playing the same shit every week, but for some reason it doesn't get boring, but there's still no excuse. if he's still playing pump up the jam when a get back....

since i haven't seen roland since he started at nocturnal i can't give a valid opinion, but just my 2 cents.

flashback!

attachment.php?attachmentid=23946

I'm afraid that time has come & gone my friend...

Guest Cosmigonon

Florencia... what happened to her?

I don't know... lets call buster @ A3 & put together a segment of where are they now?

That'd be good... ;D

Guest Devilicious

ha ! what a joke, saying that to actually know EVERY track Cedric plays is a huge understatement ...

ok, you are right. I am familiar with every track he plays.

but YOU ALL ALWAYS wind up @ space

as mentioned, I've had a lot of fun with cedric playing my soundtrack. i don't chose the venue only because of the music. I go out to have a good time. music is a big part, but not the only part, of that equation.

... all the time and eventhough u don't get a hook up at the door u still go in and have fun and get drunk and do all sorts of funny stuff ...

I hope you aren't talking to me. Because i would hate to call you out on this.

I don't even see why this is a fight to begin with. Roland does what he does, and Cedric does what he does. Both do it quite well, and last time I checked, both of them got along and were friends. I don't know about you, but I attend both parties and have a good time. Music is secondary in my case. All that I ask for is a good dance music sound track. To me the primary facet is having a good time with my friends.

Oh, and I can trainspot too, I just choose not to waste my time unless I hear a really good track, or like last weekend, a friend asked me to ID a track, so I put forth the effort and found out for him.

In the meantime, drink up and be merry.

ha ! what a joke, saying that to actually know EVERY track Cedric plays is a huge understatement ... I don't think even Ramon and Harold combined can ID EVERY track Cedric plays ... he gets a shit load of promos and "freshly baked" tracks straight out of the oven .. and he plays them ... I can't even believe how many messages I get asking ME to ask HIM for track ids ...

I find it very funny and interesting how some people always critisize about this and that but YOU ALL ALWAYS wind up @ space ... all the time and eventhough u don't get a hook up at the door u still go in and have fun and get drunk and do all sorts of funny stuff ...

i thought we weren't going to have this conversation again

:P

i didnt see u 2 weekends ago me along the space crew were very dissapointed

see u this weekend

8)