Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shadow Lounge Reunion Party

V. Barbarino

Guest pod

How could I forget.

Hell, I shot film in those days.

I wish I had my film scanner hooked up, I'd scan in some of the old (not really good in retrospect) shots that I did there...I might have a few digitized still on an archive.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest klubveteran

That's the original SL...in 2000 I think they put in those Klingon-esque red plastic columns. 8)

I had a blast when it was open.

the pics are awesome. Shadow had many facelifts. the pics macfunk displayed arent opening day Shadow more like 2nd year.

but i tell you what, seriously looking back at those pics is like looking back in time. its surreal almost.

Guest klubveteran

oh yeah i have all of the anniversary cd compilations :P

havent heard them in ages. which is better. seems when you put a cd down for a while and then listening to it after a long time brings back the original feeling of when you got it.

shit if im getting nostalgic over this shit i can only imagine Dade. but Dade can verify im sure that back then we knew instantly that we were apart of something magical.

Guest pod

It was definitely one of the "defining" venues of the Miami dance music scene. Up until then, DJs really didn't make Miami a major pit-stop on their tour. Sure, Groove Jet and Liquid had their share, but it was Shadow that kicked the whole Miami dance scene into high gear. It acted as a nice counterpoint to the "glam-only" venues that proliferated and still do these days.

One of the things that I always thought was interesting was how it closed on a good note. Up until that last day, the venue had strong nights...most other clubs close when the horse has been beaten to death, if you will.

Guest klubveteran

true, good point pod. it closed with some dignity left. kinda like when athletes retire on a high not of thier career.

also, it changed so much and adjusted and always remained on cutting edge (for the era). when it first opened it was more of a glam type club thats what 2 of the 4 owners wanted (Gerry Kelly and Richard Bronson) then when they left the partnership and only Bobby and Dade remained it was when it got more dj oriented.

Guest macfunk19

Nelson i remember when u work at the vip on the right side of the corner next to the icecream cone dj booth. nelson do u know if boby is coming and if he still owns flavor at coco nut grove

Guest macfunk19

you guys remember the orgies in the small room by the exit door. ;) that was the secret secret ... vip room lol......

Guest durrtylexx

I have sooo many good memories that were due to the crazy parties at Shadow.

Acosta ripped it up every week.

The restrooms were cool, it was nice seeing girls making themselves up.

Guest LeVeL

confirmed djs so far:

Dave Ralph

Talla

George Acosta

many more tba

Great line up so far..all we need now is to add Oakie to the mix and its on.