Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Richard Grant formerly of Sound Factory NYC buys NV Miami

V. Barbarino

Guest teabag

If this person is indeed the same guy buying NV....and he obviously beat the fed's case against him and his assets.... watchout downtown this guy will bring the competittion to new levels...which means good things for us clubbers.

Guest pod

The thing about the NV/Warehouse space is, it is really plain and boring. I know some of you crackheads like the dark smelly rooms, but your average non-crack-fiend clubgoer doesn't. They want decor and something nice to look at. That room doesn't have it. It is a really ugly space and too conducive to crack-like activities.

Guest Willie Morales

cave effect bigtime... ceiling is too low and it's hard to fell good in there... and then there was the blinding video wall holy shit that thing was broght...

Guest pod

They ditched that in the "Warehouse" incarnation, but you are right, the projectors were blinding. I never found out who made those, those were good units for like home theatre and shit.

Guest Fez

cave effect bigtime... ceiling is too low and it's hard to fell good in there... and then there was the blinding video wall holy shit that thing was broght...

whos says a Cave is not FUN...

the biggest Venue in DR is a Cave...and guess what...

Crobar recently bought it ;)

God Saleen are you such a gossip queen you had to start a whole other thread? I posted the congratulatory thread last night.....come on you are slipping.

My freaking source called me last week and said I got big news, then one of those brain freezes, he completely forgot until he read your post today... So I had to bitch my source out, however I was told RG was down here with one of the big wigs who works at crobar nyc...

The thing about the NV/Warehouse space is, it is really plain and boring. I know some of you crackheads like the dark smelly rooms, but your average non-crack-fiend clubgoer doesn't. They want decor and something nice to look at. That room doesn't have it. It is a really ugly space and too conducive to crack-like activities.

amen

Guest pod

I don't see PvD jumping ship. Space takes care of him.

See, there's your hitch right there. Space takes care of their big guest DJs. Is Mr. Grant willing to do that? Does Warehouse have all the fixins for the itinerant guest DJ?

I don't see PvD jumping ship. Space takes care of him.

See, there's your hitch right there. Space takes care of their big guest DJs. Is Mr. Grant willing to do that? Does Warehouse have all the fixins for the itinerant guest DJ?

Mr Grant has been taking care of big djs much much much much longer than Space... I think original Factory was back prior to 1991!!!!

I disagree POD. With the right marketing and promotion you can turn a shithole into something big. It comes down to knowing your market..... Once the place blows up it comes down to maintaining and improving your growth. it takes a lot of mapping out and planning. It's not even about bringing big DJ's. Yes that helps but it's not everything. It's about building your reputation around your residents and make them look like superstars. A perfect example is Metropolis. Everybody was saying that with Space and Nocturnal in downtown Metropolis would never be able to survive, not enough clubbers, it's too big blah blah blah.. On both friday and saturday they average 5000 people or more, without affecting Space or Nocturnal much. How do you explain that?...... Marketing Tactics are everything.......

Guest Willie Morales

whos says a Cave is not FUN...

the biggest Venue in DR is a Cave...and guess what...

Crobar recently bought it ;)

dude I played that venue with robbie rivera and saeed younan we all had a big time reaction to that cave... allergies bigtime... that place was a toxic mold farm... I do have to admit I was pretty impressed when i first walked in... also hated carring the crate back up out of there...