Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The ultimate form of motorsports

240turbo

Which is better?  

1. 1. Which is better?

Guest tres-b

F1 gettin play @ Cooljunkie ;D

I love it!

I am hoping for a Mclaren ressurgence this weekend. JPM says he finally feels comfortable driving the car and Kimi is always on his game.

Alonso is the total package though. He is cool under pressure, consistent, but fast and he can crank out fast laps when he needs them (like Schumi used to).

And yes, this is a fair sampling of what you see at F1 events. 8)

Guest HouseJunkie

Watching a bunch of grown men going around and around in circles is not exactly my idea of a 'sport'.

F1 takes time to get into the story lines, understand the technology and appreciate completely. It isnt a sport that you really get the most out of without watching a few races(minimum). The cars develop as the season progresses. The tracks are legendary. The drivers are the best in the world.

werd...what he said...Indy car comes in 2nd for me... :)

first off' date=' illegal street racing is the ultimate form of racing, but F1 the drivers don't even drive, the computer does...

[/quote']

street racing is not fun...

it's stupid...and dangerous...

Exactly.

My opinion: In order to truly begin to race, you must first test yourself in a controlled environment, i.e. at a track against a clock. Once you know youreself, your limits, and your weaknesses, THEN you can pit yourself against other drivers.

NASCAR's appeal is that its a more spectator friendly sport, the technology is easier to follow, the sponsors are household names etc. Its also a uniquely american sport.

Though i hate NASCAR. I prefer F1.

NASCAR is for tabacco chewing, confederate flag wielding, beer swilling hillbillies with bushy mustaches, cowboy hats, and pointy boots...Yeehaw!!!

damn lol tell us how u really feel :P

---I'd say that for the fans, NASCAR is better. Just because it's more fan friendly, allowing fans to get up-close & personal with the drivers, cars, & crew areas. The television coverage also seems to be more widespread...at least here in the States. Plus, you can hear the pit crew & driver conversations during a race if you have a Nextel phone. Now, for speed & pushing the envelope of technology, hands down Formula1 takes the cake. Personally, they both bore me to tears but that's just IMO. 8)

no offense bro but that's the "American Way", if it's not an American sport than y give a rats about? ...that's the mentallity here.

Guest pod

Most motorsports, computer systems assist in the driving process. From telemetry on downward, both modern NASCAR and modern F1 would not be possible.

I'm not decrying the process at all, but to fully equate NASCAR with hillbillies is kinda unfair. Most of the guys working on NASCAR teams are engineers, people with college degrees or assloads of experience.

The fanbase, leaves something to be desired. Either way, it's boring as hell to watch on TV. Only way I'd be into it is if they had cutaways to those girls doing lesbian shit and then cutback when someone crashed or the rankings changed significantly.

Guest michael^heaven

---I'd say that for the fans, NASCAR is better. Just because it's more fan friendly, allowing fans to get up-close & personal with the drivers, cars, & crew areas. The television coverage also seems to be more widespread...at least here in the States. Plus, you can hear the pit crew & driver conversations during a race if you have a Nextel phone. Now, for speed & pushing the envelope of technology, hands down Formula1 takes the cake. Personally, they both bore me to tears but that's just IMO. 8)

no offense bro but that's the "American Way", if it's not an American sport than y give a rats about? ...that's the mentallity here.

---No worries mate!! Right there with 'ya!! :)

cvcar5.jpg

:D