Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Say what's on Your Mind!

UR NOT A mortgage broker now right?

ft laudy trade show thurs .. not sure if im goin .. yale gonna have their huge shindig afterparty at this place called martini bar i think somewhere near the convention center open bar of course..

uslaly i get more trashed at this than anything all yr lol

trying to stay away. if i go to this i guarantee im stayin in fri lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Electric Eel

I'm stuck here too!! I'm in Doral and i'm sure the flooding outside is horrible. Good thing i'm wearing capris today, lol

my grandparents are at my house.. they are amazed at my typing skills and the fact my cell phone is blowing up with text messages.. and i handle both at the same time. LOL

They just keep saying - "today's technology.. you kids.."

LOL

I luff my grandparents ;D

Guest junglesmacks

CS-ACELP (Also known as the G.729a voice codec) -

"conjugate structure algebraic code excited linear predictive" coding

basically taking your voice waves and matching them to a known form and then coding from there - in a nutshell.

fun!

Guest HouseJunkie

basically taking your voice waves and matching them to a known form and then coding from there - in a nutshell.

fun!

There is also G.729, G.729b and G.729ab In G.729AB, the "B" variant involves a voice activity detection (VAD) function with comfort noise generation to reduce the average bit rate during silence periods.

In a nutshell, with VAD, someone that talks alot require more bandwidth than someone that doesn't.

Guest junglesmacks

fun!

There is also G.729, G.729b and G.729ab In G.729AB, the "B" variant involves a voice activity detection (VAD) function with comfort noise generation to reduce the average bit rate during silence periods.

In a nutshell, with VAD, someone that talks alot require more bandwidth than someone that doesn't.

oh i'm aware.. voice activity detection isn't entirely new.. i just like knowing big and overly long acronyms.. lol

..and you know the whole time i'm studying this crap i keep thinking wow.. housejunkie was right a few months ago.. "try studying voice and see how 'logical' it is.. " damn straight.. making my eyes go cross..

here is todays quote for you..

"AMI - Alternate Mark Inversion return-to-zero - This means that when ones are to be transmitted, they will pulse the circuit with a square wave in an alternating bipolar fashion. Successive ones will pulse in opposite directions, positive and negative, and succesive pulses of the same polarity are not allowed. When successive pulses do modulate in the same polarity by mistake, this error is called bipolar variation (BPV). Zeros do not pulse the circuit at all."

WHAT?

I've read that like 10 times now and it just isn't registering in my brain..

*sigh*

Guest junglesmacks

whats even scarier is that i think i just got it..

need a way to mark the timing between bits.. hence a return to zero method as to clearly mark the next oncoming bit.. thus sending a square wave as to still send a pulse but signaling as the inverse instead of successive positive pulses..

right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...