Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New club opening downtown... This Feb..

V. Barbarino

Got this one off the AP wires... Sources say a live rock venue will open in the old Living Room space in downtown. I can't at this time confirm the name. I should be getting more info when one of my agents lands from his trip abroad where he was studying clubbing in Macho Grande...

Though I swore I posted this a year ago.. Pool tables and rock?? I have to dig up my post..

My 2 cents, being the local club pro around these parts..

IMHO, this should do well. Rock Bar, AutoMatic slims/ Snatch, PawnShop, in Lauderdale, Hard Rock, Dicey Oriellys, Culture Room, Revolution, Murphy's Law and a few others, they have all something in common, they play rock and they do relativley well and they fly under the radar... Some do better than others, but there is a market for this stuff.. And to go back to my days of college my econ proff once told me that when it comes to rock bars, there are plenty of hot sluts drinking budwieser to keep the market segment going.. I tend to agree..

good luck, remember friends don't let friends play trance..

ps, anyone going to see Steve Miller Band at the HR??? I want to go...

Guest coach

And you don't have to get your ass kicked every week to be a rock star (though it does seem to be customary).

Nothing wrong with another rock venue, especially if they do lots of live stuff. Downtown really needs diversity.

Guest JustDade

The place will be called STUDIO and is being done to resemble a vintage recording studio. Live rock bands and a bar scene. I think it should be a cool thing.

Guest Untouchable Chino

..nice..i dig that whole rokbar snatch scene..the girls are beautiful and the music just takes you back..definately digging the idea.. just bringing another great place to party in downtown..

My 2 cents, being the local club pro around these parts..

IMHO, this should do well. Rock Bar, AutoMatic slims/ Snatch, PawnShop, in Lauderdale, Hard Rock, Dicey Oriellys, Culture Room, Revolution, Murphy's Law and a few others, they have all something in common, they play rock and they do relativley well and they fly under the radar... Some do better than others, but there is a market for this stuff.. And to go back to my days of college my econ proff once told me that when it comes to rock bars, there are plenty of hot sluts drinking budwieser to keep the market segment going.. I tend to agree..

good luck, remember friends don't let friends play trance..

very cool

Guest JMT

ps, anyone going to see Steve Miller Band at the HR??? I want to go...

lets go, i'm so there.. checking on tix right now ;D

they are $45 and up. that probably gets you upper deck.

i wouldnt mind hearing Abracadabra...