Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Slight of Hand Marketing or Just Lies?

Guest JustDade

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinderella7713

can't always be perfect in the this buisness... ;)

That's true but there's a huge difference between not being perfect and outright deception.

It's funny....this thread has been viewed 250 times but look how few responses. If we did this at Space or Suite, imagine the outrage.

A couple of weeks ago when we had Ali there, we were very careful to let people know that it was not going to be both Dishes. We think it's important that people get what they pay for.

Dade...you are hilarious

If I were you I would wait until I had been at Space for more than 15 minutes before I started publicly standing up for its honest marketing and business tactics...

Its pretty unproffesional for you to come on a public messageboard and slag off other clubs and promoters...especially when you have worked with all of them (and not that long ago)

But..hey...Im not surprised....when the boss says "post something" I guess you have to do it...

Your claims that the parties did better than they would have otherwise are ridiculous (as far as our party goes) We have over 60 promoters promoting Mansion on Sundays...One idiot sent out that email Saturday night by mistake...and followed it with two retractions (which you didnt bother to mention)

Its funny to hear you regurgitate others' propaganda...

Good luck buddy...youve always been held in high regard by myself and most in the local industry...don't go changing now

dissapointed,

OG

I have to second this oscar....we have quite a few promoters at Mansion Sundays...you cant blame the club or the party for the confussion that was made concerning a screening of Pete Tong s Film or him actually being there with one promoter. When mansion saw the mistake that was made they immediatly took action to correct it so that you would not be mislead!!!! Instead of taking time out of your day to criticize an awsome party that mansion has put on.....how about taking that time to improve on your own ? And concerning the phone message that was immediatly sent out....suite is real fast to jump the gun arent they? they must be really paranoid...I cant think of a reason why LMFAO!!! :o

for some of us that don't work in the scene, we are just out there to have a good time not to sit around and complain bout false advertisement, i've gonne to plenty of clubs in my lifetime where "dj blank" was suppose to be at and he never showed or someone said he/she was going to spin...its not the end of the world...people are still gonna go out, clubs are still gonna have their followers/clients, no one is killing themselves over a dj.

go out and have fun

Guest JustDade

can't always be perfect in the this buisness... ;)

That's true but there's a huge difference between not being perfect and outright deception.

It's funny....this thread has been viewed 250 times but look how few responses. If we did this at Space or Suite, imagine the outrage.

A couple of weeks ago when we had Ali there, we were very careful to let people know that it was not going to be both Dishes. We think it's important that people get what they pay for.

Dade...you are hilarious

If I were you I would wait until I had been at Space for more than 15 minutes before I started publicly standing up for its honest marketing and business tactics...

Its pretty unproffesional for you to come on a public messageboard and slag off other clubs and promoters...especially when you have worked with all of them (and not that long ago)

But..hey...Im not surprised....when the boss says "post something" I guess you have to do it...

Your claims that the parties did better than they would have otherwise are ridiculous (as far as our party goes) We have over 60 promoters promoting Mansion on Sundays...One idiot sent out that email Saturday night by mistake...and followed it with two retractions (which you didnt bother to mention)

Its funny to hear you regurgitate others' propaganda...

Good luck buddy...youve always been held in high regard by myself and most in the local industry...don't go changing now

dissapointed,

OG

I have to second this oscar....we have quite a few promoters at Mansion Sundays...you cant blame the club or the party for the confussion that was made concerning a screening of Pete Tong s Film or him actually being there with one promoter. When mansion saw the mistake that was made they immediatly took action to correct it so that you would not be mislead!!!! Instead of taking time out of your day to criticize an awsome party that mansion has put on.....how about taking that time to improve on your own ? And concerning the phone message that was immediatly sent out....suite is real fast to jump the gun arent they? they must be really paranoid...I cant think of a reason why LMFAO!!! :o

Who should be blamed? If it was just one promoter, why was the girl who was answering the phones at the club telling people who called (including Tong's agent) that Tong was the DJ?

Nobody criticized the party. I have not been to the party but I hear it's a lot of fun. What I criticized was the use of a DJs name to intentionally mislead customers.....twice in one weekend. But...i know.....it must just be a plot by the evil downtown boys to make you guys look bad. Yeah right.

Guest tiltmiami

Dont hate.... LOL We dont need to lie to get Manison packed.... Please we got the 2 best djs in Miami playing over there on Sunday nights...

1. get your facts straight

2. Dont make remarks about someone with out knowing the source or the truth of who and where the false propaganda started... And we never told anyone Pete Tong was going to be there cause belive me if he would of played at MANSION the other clubs on the beach would of been dead this past Sunday

3.HAVE A NICE DAY

Guest sross

you guys going at each other's party just hurts the already weak scene in Miami... it's all bullshit... if you guys can't see ... outsiders surely can

We figured it out ages ago. This kind of crap really is "Made In Miami."

Guest macillus

Figured this was an appropriate place for this - not mailing lists *cough*

Anyone else get the whining email about the no show 'Pete Tong' @ MIM last week? Just wanted to vent and state that bullshit club politics and slandering do not belong in mailing lists/personal emails and if any place at all - the message boards. I don;t want to hear how Suite is killing MIM #s ever since their opening, and this club is doing this.. this club is doin that.. balh blah blah... If you need to boast or brag about something, you must not be doin as well as you want others to think. Bottom line - reserve a little more tact - and unless you want to be marked as a spamming service - avoid sending petty emails such as this past one.

Guest macillus

I guess so - i am a bit behind on teh rants - been a busy as week - but still b.s none the less. *sigh* clubland in MIA and everywhere for that matter.

Guest tiltmiami

Figured this was an appropriate place for this - not mailing lists *cough*

Anyone else get the whining email about the no show 'Pete Tong' @ MIM last week? Just wanted to vent and state that bullshit club politics and slandering do not belong in mailing lists/personal emails and if any place at all - the message boards. I don;t want to hear how Suite is killing MIM #s ever since their opening, and this club is doing this.. this club is doin that.. balh blah blah... If you need to boast or brag about something, you must not be doin as well as you want others to think. Bottom line - reserve a little more tact - and unless you want to be marked as a spamming service - avoid sending petty emails such as this past one.

I love you

Someone with brains

Guest lyrik

Remember in meatballs 3, the military camp across the lake runs out of food so the drunk chef carts in a dead horse... lol.

the drunk french chef - that horse could feed an army!

:o good read..

First of all, no one is perfect.... Everyone makes mistakes.. its human nature.

Have any of you thought that perhaps this was a mastermind thread that all parties involved came up with? :o Hey they say bad news is better than NO news right :P 8 pages of seeing your clubs name posted.. hmmmmmm :P

Regardless - Biz puts together the best parties in town... a mistake happened with one of his promoters - and he stood up, took the blame and apologized for it... most promoters won't do that, they make excuses. He took responsibility and apologized. That speaks volumes IMO.

Way to go Biz, keep up the good work ;)