Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Slight of Hand Marketing or Just Lies?

Guest JustDade

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustDade

this coming from the guy that put JLO all over a flyer when he was kicking off his saturday satrunela parties. come on buddy be careful

Yes, Dave......That was me. For the record, JLo was committed to be there that night. In fact, it was her idea to do the party. I received a call two hours before the event informing me that she wasn't making it.

really thats funny because i knew for two weeks she would not be there since she was booked for a fragrance things months before. dont tell me 2 hours before you got the call when we both know that was not the case. you tried to get around it by putting on the invite produced by instead of hosted by. come on buddy

Sorry again, Dave. I have all the e-mails from her office setting the thing up. I got the call from BOB her head of security telling me that they (her and MA) were late getting back to LA from South America and would not be making it.

Instead of trying to throw mud at me, why don't you just explain why you promoted Tong when you knew he would not be there? This isn't about JLo....it's about Tong.

Guest macboy

For the record, I never got the email but I got both the retractions. :P

I love it when you guys air out the dirty laundry. Keep it going. ;D

Guest Adam Singer

From a PR perspective, posting conflicts from directly competing organizations in a public forum makes *all* parties involved look very unprofessional.

If I were an investor reading this I wouldn't be too happy (if I was on either side).

Also, just an FYI to people at firms looking to 'out your competitors for their wrong-doing'...don't do it, it will make YOU reflect poorly for doing this...

The right thing to do would be contact any journalist worth a damn, and clue them in to the situation...this could actually generate viewable results to the entire community and either force that organization to admit their mistake or hide in the corner...either way, your fingers and your organizations prints aren't on the subject, and you don't become the subject of negative PR.

But what do I know, my firm doesnt represent nightclubs (for pretty good reason)

Guest lyrik

Did anyone else get the Suite recorded phone message for Sunday night? That was pretty funny!

I dont answer my phone when I see the 305-375-0001 come up anymore. LOL!

So true...I have no idea how they even got my # - fargin sneaky bastages...it was prob one of those silly little forms the hot broads come around with when you are all wasted...just to get a free lighter when I don't even smoke!

Guest Darwin Castillo

Did anyone else get the Suite recorded phone message for Sunday night? That was pretty funny!

I dont answer my phone when I see the 305-375-0001 come up anymore. LOL!

So true...I have no idea how they even got my # - fargin sneaky bastages...it was prob one of those silly little forms the hot broads come around with when you are all wasted...just to get a free lighter when I don't even smoke!

LMAO! We all been there ey? LOL!

Guest mp3some

:P seriously!~

Guest dgrutman

i love that space sends a mass email with out putting spaces name on it. when i hit the change the profile on the email it says ths following:

SUBSCRIPTION MANAGEMENT

Use this page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the available newsletter or newsletters.

Select one or more mailinglists

Space Hip Hop and R N B

Space All Ages

18 and over

Space Gay Events

Industry List

Update Unsubscribe All Close Window

Please come back at any time to modify your profile.

Just got this email:

LIES "MADE IN MIAMIâ€

Mansion customers get Punked

Over a thousand people showed up to see Pete Tong at Mansion’s “Made In Miami†Sunday party last night. What was billed as the “screening of it’s all gone Pete Tong†with “Guest DJ Pete Tong†turned out to be another bait and switch typical of the style we have grown accustomed to from Mansion and their so called “celebrity†hosted parties. Pete Tong was “all gone†all right as a matter of fact Pete didn’t even know he had to be there! In fact he wasn't even in the country and Mansion never even booked the DJ. Instead they cleverly built a “punk†campaign and made everyone believe that Pete would be performing. This last minute desperation move comes as no surprise as Mansion’s Sunday attendance has drastically dropped since the opening of Sleaze Sundays at Suite just 3 weeks ago. In just 3 weeks Suite Sundays has delivered top talent such as Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez and Desyn Masiello along with some local favorites such as Ivano Bellini and Cedric Gervais. When confronted with this line up of world class DJs and the declining door numbers Mansion could not do any better than to pull the old French favorite “le commutateur†(the switch or also known on 12th and Washington Avenue as “le dupeâ€). Clubbers left the Sunday party disappointed and betrayed. Carlos Perez from Kendall had this to say, “my girlfriend and I drove all the way from Kendall. We didn’t even want to go out because abia un frio que chiflaba el mono (it was cold as f**k) but she loves Pete. I can’t believe I spent all my money on a VIP table and no Pete. Not even in that pelicula (movie) they were showing in there... no Pete anywhere.†It looks like Carlos, his girlfriend and a bunch of other local club goers got “Made in Miamiâ€. This just goes to show that just because it looks like Pete Tong and it smells like Pete Tong, it doesn’t mean you are not a getting a petit mensonge (small lie). Vous comprenez ?

Aur Revoir.

Guest LeVeL

Carlos Perez from Kendall had this to say, “my girlfriend and I drove all the way from Kendall. We didn’t even want to go out because abia un frio que chiflaba el mono (it was cold as f**k) but she loves Pete. I can’t believe I spent all my money on a VIP table and no Pete. Not even in that pelicula (movie) they were showing in there... no Pete anywhere.†It looks like Carlos, his girlfriend and a bunch of other local club goers got “Made in Miamiâ€.

LOL, funny stuff.

So Sassy? Who sent this email?

Guest barstar diana

who else got this email:

LIES "MADE IN MIAMIâ€

Over a thousand people showed up to see Pete Tong at Mansion’s “Made In Miami†Sunday party last night. What was billed as the “screening of it’s all gone Pete Tong†with “Guest DJ Pete Tong†turned out to be another bait and switch typical of the style we have grown accustomed to from Mansion and their so called “celebrity†hosted parties. Pete Tong was “all gone†all right as a matter of fact Pete didn’t even know he had to be there! In fact he wasn't even in the country and Mansion never even booked the DJ. Instead they cleverly built a “punk†campaign and made everyone believe that Pete would be performing. This last minute desperation move comes as no surprise as Mansion’s Sunday attendance has drastically dropped since the opening of Sleaze Sundays at Suite just 3 weeks ago. In just 3 weeks Suite Sundays has delivered top talent such as Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez and Desyn Masiello along with some local favorites such as Ivano Bellini and Cedric Gervais. When confronted with this line up of world class DJs and the declining door numbers Mansion could not do any better than to pull the old French favorite “le commutateur†(the switch or also known on 12th and Washington Avenue as “le dupeâ€). Clubbers left the Sunday party disappointed and betrayed. Carlos Perez from Kendall had this to say, “my girlfriend and I drove all the way from Kendall. We didn’t even want to go out because abia un frio que chiflaba el mono (it was cold as f**k) but she loves Pete. I can’t believe I spent all my money on a VIP table and no Pete. Not even in that pelicula (movie) they were showing in there... no Pete anywhere.†It looks like Carlos, his girlfriend and a bunch of other local club goers got “Made in Miamiâ€. This just goes to show that just because it looks like Pete Tong and it smells like Pete Tong, it doesn’t mean you are not a getting a petit mensonge (small lie). Vous comprenez ?

Aur Revoir.

Guest HouseJunkie

From a PR perspective, posting conflicts from directly competing organizations in a public forum makes *all* parties involved look very unprofessional.

If I were an investor reading this I wouldn't be too happy (if I was on either side).

Also, just an FYI to people at firms looking to 'out your competitors for their wrong-doing'...don't do it, it will make YOU reflect poorly for doing this...

The right thing to do would be contact any journalist worth a damn, and clue them in to the situation...this could actually generate viewable results to the entire community and either force that organization to admit their mistake or hide in the corner...either way, your fingers and your organizations prints aren't on the subject, and you don't become the subject of negative PR.

But what do I know, my firm doesnt represent nightclubs (for pretty good reason)

That is true ... but this is juicer :)

This message will self destruct in ....

Guest mp3some

who else got this email:

LIES "MADE IN MIAMIâ€

Aur Revoir.

got it at 6:50 pm.

Sounds like someone from the Sleaze camp is cashing in on this all.... "sleazy bastids"..... lol

And the plot thickens................. :P

Guest james stratus

i love that space sends a mass email with out putting spaces name on it. when i hit the change the profile on the email it says ths following:

SUBSCRIPTION MANAGEMENT

Use this page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the available newsletter or newsletters.

Select one or more mailinglists

Space Hip Hop and R N B

Space All Ages

18 and over

Space Gay Events

Industry List

Update Unsubscribe All Close Window

Please come back at any time to modify your profile.

This is funny because I do the same and still get the emails that I never signed up for in the first place. AND I get the Space, Suite, and Spirit emails from "louis puig [spaceowner@aol.com] " and "Space [spacemiami@aol.com]" to an email address that NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE knows and has never been signed up on any list :-\

Guest slamminshaun

For the record, I didn't get the email or the retractions. But I did save alot of money by switching to GEICO.

Guest Miss_Digital

For the record' date=' I never got the email but I got both the retractions. :P

[/quote']

For the record, I didn't get the email or the retractions. But I did save alot of money by switching to GEICO.

LOL ;D :D