• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lulamishka

For the record' date=' I never got the email but I got both the retractions. :P

I love it when you guys air out the dirty laundry. Keep it going. ;D

[/quote']

For the record, I didn't get the email or the retractions. But I did save alot of money by switching to GEICO.

LOL

Guest biznation00

Don’t know where to start… I think it’s obvious that Space is taking the opportunity to discredit me over a foul up or misunderstanding.

Local Celebrity:

The Danny Thing was something that Alan, Patrick & I talked about for Alan’s birthday. Although it was never agreed to under contract, it was supposed to be somewhat of a surprise birthday set for Alan. I didn’t speak to Danny about this, I followed someone else’s lead but I am held responsible for spreading the word. I’m not going to spill the details cuz they really don’t matter at this point & it really isn’t going to change anything. In the end, if there is any finger to be pointed it’s at me. The idea was for Danny to show & play at random. Nothing changed the way we went about our night. We never jacked the door cover, we never jacked reduced or table minimums. All that remained the same. How could we? Only thing that changed was that I sent out text messages at 6pm Friday to a few industry friends that said Danny was playing a surprise set for Alan’s birthday at Local Celebrity. For whatever reason it didn’t happen. & Danny isn’t to blame since there is no obligation bound by a contract. This was never intended to fool anyone. In my eyes, it was set up to happen as it was talked about. Unfortunately it didn’t & I apologize.

Its all gone Pete tong:

From the start, it was promoted as a screening & nothing more. We explained clearly on every promotion handled by us. It was put together because it all made sense. We’re trying to add a dance industry event to a dance driven night. The concept of Made in Miami doesn’t call for events like fashion shows & crowd filler bull. I thought the screening of the film was a definite way to create a buzz & help our night & add exposure to a dance industry product. Everything went according to promotion until Mauro sent the email Sunday morning stating Pete Tong special guest blah, blah. After speaking to him, it was clear that he misunderstood & it wasn’t done purposely. But the damage was done & at the end of the day Gerald & I are held responsible for every promoter that works for the night & I am responsible for the concept, presentation & everything else within that aspect. All hosts/promoters have all been guided a certain way since the beginning of Made in Miami by us to protect the integrity of the product. This one fell thru the cracks apparently & when we caught it, it was already too late. A retraction & apology was written & was sent by him shortly after. If he had made the mistake, this would have gone over the way it was meant to be. Instead, his mistake was clear & Space jumped on the opportunity.

Unfortunately all this took place on one weekend. It’s almost like someone cursed me or as if the stars were all laid out totally wrong. For those who know me, know that I don’t handle business in this manner. I try to remain as close to professional about how I handle my business & I always place the club or whomever I represent before myself to protect them before I protect myself. There is no need for me to pull stunts like Dade puts it; I work too hard & thanks to the support of those that frequent my events I am where I am. I would never resort to fooling anyone like Dade & Space put it. It’s obvious that some people or organizations are taking this opportunity to get at me. So be it! I am very comfortable with who I am & I don’t work by their standards. I have a lot of love for what I do & I only do it the way I know how too. From the Heart! Maybe one day that will be my downfall, but at least I can live with myself knowing that I was true to my soul.

Biz Martinez

Guest Chica

I have an email from Thurs night and it says nothing about this DJ being a guest....at least that was what i saw when i read it..... here is the email i got Feb 9th

This Sunday, February 12th

Mansion

Made in Miami presents "It's all gone Pete Tong"

along with Murk (Oscar G & Ralph Falcon)

You could have the best djs in the world behind your party & you could have the most beautiful club, but if there’s no heart driving that engine, you just have another drink & dance store! At “Made in Miami†we don’t put up a front, were not worried about taking over the next party. We're the definition of a Party for the purpose of a good time. We are comfortable with who we are & our goal is to make sure you walk in with a smile & leave with a memory of a great time. That’s it! Big Thanks to our supporters for making “Made in Miami†the Sunday’s choice. Join us this Sunday for a screening of “It’s all gone Pete Tong†along side Murk (Djs Oscar G & Ralph Falcon). click link to view flash invitation below:

http://www.mansionmiami.com/tongA.html

Vip Table Reservations call Biz @ 305.322.0583

"Made in Miami" Guest List reply to: Biznation00@msn.com

Purchase your All access "No Wait/No Line" Pass below:

wanttickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=16261

DOORS OPEN 8:30PM : COMPLIMENTARY MOET CHAMPAGNE SERVED UNTIL 9:30PM : SHOW BEGINS 9:25 SHARP

www.fyimags.com

www.murkmadeinmiami.com

www.itsallgonepetetong.com

Biz Martinez

Guest klubveteran

Don’t know where to start… I think it’s obvious that Space is taking the opportunity to discredit me over a foul up or misunderstanding.

Local Celebrity:

The Danny Thing was something that Alan, Patrick & I talked about for Alan’s birthday. Although it was never agreed to under contract, it was supposed to be somewhat of a surprise birthday set for Alan. I didn’t speak to Danny about this, I followed someone else’s lead but I am held responsible for spreading the word. I’m not going to spill the details cuz they really don’t matter at this point & it really isn’t going to change anything. In the end, if there is any finger to be pointed it’s at me. The idea was for Danny to show & play at random. Nothing changed the way we went about our night. We never jacked the door cover, we never jacked reduced or table minimums. All that remained the same. How could we? Only thing that changed was that I sent out text messages at 6pm Friday to a few industry friends that said Danny was playing a surprise set for Alan’s birthday at Local Celebrity. For whatever reason it didn’t happen. & Danny isn’t to blame since there is no obligation bound by a contract. This was never intended to fool anyone. In my eyes, it was set up to happen as it was talked about. Unfortunately it didn’t & I apologize.

Its all gone Pete tong:

From the start, it was promoted as a screening & nothing more. We explained clearly on every promotion handled by us. It was put together because it all made sense. We’re trying to add a dance industry event to a dance driven night. The concept of Made in Miami doesn’t call for events like fashion shows & crowd filler bull. I thought the screening of the film was a definite way to create a buzz & help our night & add exposure to a dance industry product. Everything went according to promotion until Mauro sent the email Sunday morning stating Pete Tong special guest blah, blah. After speaking to him, it was clear that he misunderstood & it wasn’t done purposely. But the damage was done & at the end of the day Gerald & I are held responsible for every promoter that works for the night & I am responsible for the concept, presentation & everything else within that aspect. All hosts/promoters have all been guided a certain way since the beginning of Made in Miami by us to protect the integrity of the product. This one fell thru the cracks apparently & when we caught it, it was already too late. A retraction & apology was written & was sent by him shortly after. If he had made the mistake, this would have gone over the way it was meant to be. Instead, his mistake was clear & Space jumped on the opportunity.

Unfortunately all this took place on one weekend. It’s almost like someone cursed me or as if the stars were all laid out totally wrong. For those who know me, know that I don’t handle business in this manner. I try to remain as close to professional about how I handle my business & I always place the club or whomever I represent before myself to protect them before I protect myself. There is no need for me to pull stunts like Dade puts it; I work too hard & thanks to the support of those that frequent my events I am where I am. I would never resort to fooling anyone like Dade & Space put it. It’s obvious that some people or organizations are taking this opportunity to get at me. So be it! I am very comfortable with who I am & I don’t work by their standards. I have a lot of love for what I do & I only do it the way I know how too. From the Heart! Maybe one day that will be my downfall, but at least I can live with myself knowing that I was true to my soul.

Biz Martinez

Nice way to address things and clear up. your a better man than i am thats for sure. for all i wouldve done was blame everything on Ralph Falcon. :D

Guest juanchisimo

Local Celebrity:

Its all gone Pete tong:

Biz Martinez

you handled that pretty good....nicely said Biz....

Guest Untouchable Chino

..hmmm in BIZ's behalf.. i also want to point out that DANNY TENNAGLIA was never promoted as a guest deejay..he was going to do it as a birthday surprise for allan t since they are good friends...i was there on saturday when danny and allan were talking and danny was saying happy birthday and sorry for not being able to make it...there was nothing to be mad about..and no one got jacked at nocturnal for afterhours...the party was still out of hand..everyone was having fun and we were all expecting DT to show up..but he wasnt able to...

Guest fended

Since I do not open on Sundays, I am completely neutral on this:

I received a retraction email. Shit happens when you manage 60 promoters on a Sunday.

People should stick to promoting their parties by talking good about their own parties, not by talking shit about other peoples events.

Karma is like a boomerang. And coming from people like Biz and his crew....I doubt they ever had the intention to mislead people. They've never had to stoop that low to get people. Furthermore, I don't think I've ever seen them put other parties or other people down.

Good luck to the M.I.M. crew. Keep doing your thing.

EG

------------------------------------

From: Mauro Silva Productions <maurosilvaproductions@hotmail.com>

Reply-To: Mauro Silva Productions <maurosilvaproductions@hotmail.com>

Date: 13 Feb 2006 01:07:25 -0000

To: <emi@crobar.com>

Subject: Retraction of Mansion Pete Tong & Correct info included

(Mailing List Information, including unsubscription instructions,

is located at the end of this message.)

Tonight at mansion is the Screening for the foreign film “it’s all gone Pete Tongâ€. There was a mistake in the prior email that I stated Pete Tong as a guest dj. I apologize for any misunderstanding on the matter. Pete Tong is NOT Playing at Mansion tonight Feb. 12th. We will be showing the movie

“It’s all gone Pete Tong†on six giant video screens. Show time begins at 9:25 sharp & there will be complimentary “Moet†Champagne served prior to the screening until 9:30pm.

Please join me in viewing “It’s all gone Pete Tong†tonight at mansion. Thank you & I apologize for my misinterpretation.

www.itsallgonepetetong.com

Mauro Silva

Guest spaceowner

Local Celebrity:

Its all gone Pete tong:

Biz Martinez

Guest djRoland

Its funny how fast some people try to discredit Biz when the slightest opportunity occurs. At the end its a business and others will try and ruin those who stand in there way at any cost. When marketing and promoting are not up to par, just resort to discrediting your opposition. The objective is to attract new heads by any means necessary.

Guys like Biz, Oscar, Ralph, Dave and myself have worked very hard in creating something new and different to great success. I don't think anyone of them including myself would want to ruin the reputation or trust we have been given over the years!!

Roland

i def wont get into detail on this issue as i am just a casual observer but i do have to say this... i have known Biz now for quite awhile and to me he is def one of the hardest working guys in the biz (no pun intended).

I will never fully understand the business nor desire to. Put all the club politics to the side.... biz has delivered some of the best locals parties in Miami for years. he def has no reason to mislead or dupe anyone. his parties over the years speaks for themselves.

Nuff said...

8)

In other news... good to see Roland on a messageboard posting. albeit im sure he wishes under different circumstances..

Guest Miss_Digital

funny you guys care sooo much,

do you actually think people are going to remember you 5-10 years from now... :-X

less give it a week or 2

Guest swirlundergrounder

Apparently there's some outrage about the Pete Tong advertising. I got an email from a South Beach publication complaining about it...

Guest spaceowner

OK, excuse me if I am al little green here but I have not posted in a couple of years. I can't even figure out how to quote Biz's post. Anyways, I do believe its time that I came in and added a little flavor to this party. First and foremost let me begin by saying that there is no way in hell Biz would have done this deliberately. Space Camp taught him better than that. The fact is that some times the young Jedi does hang around with company that he shouldn’t and that company might not be the best. What seemed like a great idea can somehow backfire right in your face. The lesson to be learned here is not to advertise or sell a product you don’t stock. I can totally see how the Danny at Nocturnal thing can happen and I am willing to give Biz the benefit of the doubt as he has proven himself to be a man of his word. Let's let that be.

Now for the Pete incident... had this ad campaign not been so deviously crafted and had it not trampled so much with the truth, this incident would have never happened. Let's cut the crap here people and call it what it is. This movie is 2 years old. Why the hell would anyone be doing a screening now? Especially the week after Suite had 3 successful Sundays with big DJs. Has anyone even seen this movie? Is it so great that it needs a rebirth and screening now? If this is the screening when and where will it show next so I can see it? Fact is that this campaign had every intention of fooling clubbers to believe that Pete was going to be at Mansion. From the writing on the Mansion marquee to the big use of fonts on the fliers with PETE TONG in bigger letters than MURK… wait just a minute… wasn’t Sundays supposed to be about Miami? “Made in Miami is where we are from... Where we grew up... Where we call home...“ what in little Havana’s sake does Pete Tong have to do with Miami? Anyway, everyone here saw the promos for this party. It was a great Pete Tong ad campaign. Everyone I know was fooled into thinking Pete Tong would be at Mansion. It was so good it even fooled its own promoters who sent out E mails with “Guest DJ Pete Tong†on them and I hate to say it but it almost fooled me. At one point I was so confused that I called Mansion on Sunday night and asked if Pete Tong was performing and the girl who answered the phone replied "YES". I guess they fooled her too. Who they didn't fool was Pete or his manager who are not at all happy with this incident. You see, Mansion had tried to book Pete Tong for this date but he was not available so instead they did the next best thing… the “its all gone Pete Tong movie screeningâ€. No doubt this one takes the price as being one of the most ignorant promotional moves I have ever seen. Of all the DJs they could have picked to run this game on why would they pick the most powerful DJ in the planet? Why would you want to go mess with Mr. BBC? Guys, if you are going to play the game try to learn something about the players. If not, stick to what you do best, hip hop and top 40.

In conclusion, I have no doubt that Biz might not have meant for this to happen but the fact remains that it did. Sorry Biz but it’s very hard to distinguish one good apple in a rotten bunch. Mansion has done and will continue to do everything in its power to "rule" Sunday nights. Whether it be closing down the Sundance party at Amika by hiring 60 promoters and giving the house away every Sunday or fooling people to believe that Pete Tong would be performing when he is not. They will use whatever means are available to them, you and Oscar included, to get what they want. I am sorry everyone but I have dedicated way to many years to this industry and work too hard at bringing the best talent into this town to just sit back and watch this without making a comment. Biz, you are my boy and Oscar is like a brother but the company you guys are keeping lately has a lot to be desired. Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I remain your humble host.

LP

Ps This posting thing is exhausting, I shall post again in a couple of years.

Guest rollyp66

Biz is a class act and I can safely say as a part of the Made In Miami crew that we have done everything the right way and all work very hard to make this party successful.

Biz you know you have my full support as always, lets move foward. Everything happens for a reason and some people have shown what they will do to TRY and hurt something that you worked very hard to build.

Keep on rocking my friend

Guest mursa

...lol @ how people create drama for the slightest thing ..

..just go out dance , get with some camel toe and have a good time ...its so simple . ;)

Guest rocky05

Many years have I now known Biz. From his early years at Space, to then having the pleasure of working with him at Cafeteria's "IN", Amika and Local Celebrity@ Nocturnal, I have no doubt this is all a huge misunderstanding. Someone who puts the kind of effort Biz does into his work, doesn't go around intentionally trying to ruin it by misleading people. Building 2 great parties in less than a year is no easy task, and that success can be attributed to Biz's honest and humble ways.

In an era when everyone has cell phones and e-mails. Why couldn't you simply send an e-mail or simply call his cell phone and express your discontent. I know Biz would've listened.

Rocky

Biz, man up and admit it, you told me last week about this on the phone. I think it went too far and you lost control of the situation but the foundation of deception was laid from the begining even if it wasn't your true intention.

It's like lighting a long fuse and then being surprised later on that something goes boom...

Work smarter not harder..