Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rehab, tell me about it..

herculesmo

My girl just got put into rehab because her mom caught her doing god knows what heh.. she doesn't want to say to me.

Being that I don't do drugs, I'm actually happy in a way. But I have to ask.. Does rehab actually work? What kind of things happen in there.

I'm just curious, because my g/f won't talk to me about it at all. Her mom is religious and stuff so she's in a lot of shit, and I have to play it off like I don't know else her mom will feel even worse.

Thanks.

rehab only works if she WANTS to quit cant be forced into it...otherwise she'll just start doing drugs once she gets out. If it's in-patient rehab..i think she basically attends group therapy classes everyday..i wouldnt know for how long though

My mum was in rehab for alcoholism (she's doing great by the way and dead proud I am too!) and I used to visit her a lot. It's a lot about admitting you have a problem, learning to talk to the people closest to her about the problem, facing each day as it comes, finding new things to do. The theory over here is that if you are an adict then that means you can be addict to anything (I know this only too well as I have this). Therefore they should not drink or use any drugs. It's a very hard life. And my then boyfriend was addicted to heroin. He got himself off it without rehab. He did very well but you can tell it was so much harder for him.

Wish her all the luck. smile.gif

------------------

Stay Twisted :)