Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering reviews...

V. Barbarino

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest soozin

i had a blast at GG! overall def a good production, esp for the 1st go at it.. my major complaint would be the trash issue, i dont think i saw 1 garbage can or anythign all day, much less recycling for all those water bottles... beyond that, the usual stuff--overpriced cocktails, ran out of TP, dirt dirt everywhere including up my nose(ew!)... but hey its to be expected...

anyway, good sound at all stages, everything ran on time i think except the main stage, they had enough portopotties(tho they are jsut SO nasty after a while no matter how many there are)fireworks were AWESOME, the rides were a very cool touch.. (the flying ride was cool!!)highlights for me: running into a lot of old friends, cj'rs, etc... nice weather(i love to be outside), deep dish, jimmy van m -kind of boring at first but towards the end of his set he was rockin some dope techy shit, sasha n digweed, Nails of course, uberzone live was cool, havent seen them in yrs, caught a bit of oscar g, always a pleasure of course, the stage w/ the random dancers and such was interesting... anyone else catch the raving roller girl? anyway, overall a great time and i would return, tix were pricey indeed but i think i saw what i paid for, ya know?

awesome to see all of you that i did, its been a while! this was definitely WMC prep all the way... see everyone on the beach starting thursday!!!!

Guest bronzie

We didn't get there until 7 or 8 since being out so late from the night before at Blue. Wooooo... 8) When we got there, Sasha & Digweed we're playing and I can say that Sasha is as boring as I remember him. A few of my friends back in New York were saying how much better he is with the Ableton but it really was his dreamy proggy shit that I remember. Just my opinion but he really didn't look like he was enjoying his set either. He clapped his hands a couple of times but for the most part he looked like he was bored as hell. I just like to see and animated DJ and him/her working it a bit.

So we ventured over to the white tent for a bit and I think Boris was playing but I've heard him a couple of times in NY and he always seems to play a couple good tracks and then kills it with some cheezy vocal. Oh well. However, our friends text messaged us that Rob Zombie was playing so I decided since I've never seen him live that it was time. That guy can rock it!! Also played More Human than a Human and Devil Man, two fuckin' sick songs!

That eventually ended and then we wondered back over to the white tent and I think Murk was on when we got back there. I haven't seen those guys since last year and they stole the night for me. Had my ass dancin' as well as my friends. Very deep bass with some chunky crunchy drums and highs. Nice! Only down side of the white tent was the dust in there. OMFG! I could feel myself swallowing the dirt in there. It was bad because the tent was holding it all in there too. On the good side, it makes the sound even better though.... ;)

Caught the first two songs from NIN and then decided to jet since we had to get up to w palm last night. Good show and not as crowded as Ultra. Was fun!

Overall Nothing Special....

Bang was way better IMO, better dance tents....

Good Crowd, mostly there for the rock bands...

S&D were good, always changing the way there playing every time i see them.

Armin was quite good as well, not being into his fairy trance act....

Lawler was OK, everyone was tired at that point......

Sanchez can he play any fucking harder, with Gay vocals on top, Come on, the typical new style now is to bang away and he banged me all the way to the breaks tent....

Guest Diabolique

Aside from NIN, which was my first time, I would like to thank the organizers for having the Marine Parade crew, something I esp enjoyed and have waited for a very long time. Everything Adam Freeland touches is golden! Not only does he take you on a journey, he creates an entire atmosphere, a VIBE. Always fresh and innovative, you never get the same Adam twice. If I were a man on this journey we call life, I would wish to be Mr. Freeland. no, really! ^_^ must be one hell of a ride...

I can't express enough gratitude. :-*

The fireworks were DOPE!

Guest Miss_Digital

sasha & digweed was one of the sickest sets i ever heard. Very happy the way the festival was set up and with the dj schedule, much props to the organizers :)

Agreed.Sasha & Digweed was handsdown the best set/show yesturday.Must say the visuals were out of this world.Enjoyed just about all the music I heard.Only complaint was that Stryke spun way too early and didnt get a chance to hear him spin.Roland did a great job.Edgar aswell,very energetic set,that ohm boys-down under track was fucking sick.Deep Dish had me dancing believe it or not :) Roger also.The crowd was loving it.AVB started cheesy and ended cheesy but what he threw down in between was great.Wanted to stay for Ferry's set but i was too tired and had to go get some rest for the after party @ Nocturnal.Good times.Hope it happens again next year. 8)

those visuals are from 2002 Delta heavy .... :P

they were ok seen better from S&D

i didnt stay that long

i saw adam freeland instead ... him djing and an mc bew me away

Sanchez can he play any fucking harder, with Gay vocals on top, Come on, the typical new style now is to bang away and he banged me all the way to the breaks tent....

Roger was playing too hard?? Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. What roger played, was what, DD, Dean, Denny all played before him, they all played the same stuff...

Guest coach

i had a blast at GG! overall def a good production, esp for the 1st go at it.. my major complaint would be the trash issue, i dont think i saw 1 garbage can or anythign all day,

The main issue there was that many of the trash cans were set right next to the food booths. Of course, by the time you've finished your food...

Roger was playing too hard?? Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. What roger played, was what, DD, Dean, Denny all played before him, they all played the same stuff...

hard? no way.. he was throwin down esp liked that soulful acappella he threw down near the end of his first hr... 8)

Guest Diabolique

the VIP bathrooms smelled purdy. :D After years of sado-masochistic Ultra abuse, I'm finally liberated...

I'm just sayin' ;)

Guest musicalmissionary

Aside from NIN, which was my first time, I would like to thank the organizers for having the Marine Parade crew, something I esp enjoyed and have waited for a very long time. Everything Adam Freeland touches is golden! Not only does he take you on a journey, he creates an entire atmosphere, a VIBE. Always fresh and innovative, you never get the same Adam twice. If I were a man on this journey we call life, I would wish to be Mr. Freeland. no, really! ^_^ must be one hell of a ride...

I can't express enough gratitude. :-*

It was a pleasure meeting you in front of the stage during Adam's set. You owned that breaks tent girl, you were all over the place. See you next Sunday ;)

Guest durrtylexx

I had a good time.

It was nice seeing everyone.

set of the event went to Jimmy Van M- wicked set ;D

Sasha & Diggers were tits. 8)

Roger was Roger, he was aight.

Deep Dish was ok.

Uberzone was sick as well. 8)

Evil 9 was cool.

Feelgood rocked it.

Oscar was sick, I cought about 35 minutes of his set.

Lawler was good, he ended it well.

Rob Zombie was garbage and I didn't check out NIN.

Guest trancelator

Good times! Rock stage def was the most popular but didn't get to see as many bands as I wanted. Was glad to finally catch Evil 9, Freeland and Feelgood. They all rocked it. Marine Parade should be wicked!

Good tune up for the week ahead. It was fun hangin' with everyone. The pics and video we got were tits! (literally..lol)

Guest kdub22

I would have to say that the highlights were....

Sasha and Digweed

-Bloc Party remix

-Annie Lennox "Sweet Dreams" remix

-a bunch of other dope tracks I don't know the names of

Roger Sanchez

-brought it hard and funky

-killed it and brought the energy that Deep Dish just coudn't seem to find

Ferry Corsten and AVB

-got all the ladies in a lovey dovey state

Lawler

-amazing remix of an old Radiohed track

Coheed and Cambria

-great ballad at end of set. I was very surprised

SICKEST shows of the night was NIN, ROB ZOMBIE, AVENGED SEVEN AND ADAM FREELAND.. PERIOD.

highlight and funniest moment was when Rob Zombie stoped his show TWICE to say

"what the fuck is that shit playing over there in the tents? shits giving me a fuckin headache"

and the second time

"for gods sake.. that shit still going on? you people have had to put up with that all day long?"

.... thousands of laughter

PRICELESS

OK Let me rephrase myself because I was fucked up when I posted that.

First saleen you dont even listen to dance music anymore.....

so shut the fuck up....

He wasn't playing to hard, remember Im a Techno person, He was playing the fucking same 135 bpm bassline over and over with some crap vocal like ("I would like to fuck you")over it, then maybe a cheesey tranceish build up within the song.

I am not saying he was bad, but come on guys, what is this new phat that all house DJs now have become Hard House DJ's..... Give me a break...

Same thing with the Techno DJ's, now everyone once to be Hawtin, (Misstress and Beyer have no business player there BS)

NOW here are two people who undertsand the point of dance music S&D ... Did not expect there set at all, totally changed style from old prog to something way different and with ease.

More to come from me....on my thoughts

highlight and funniest moment was when Rob Zombie stoped his show TWICE to say

"what the fuck is that shit playing over there in the tents? shits giving me a fuckin headache"

and the second time

"for gods sake.. that shit still going on? you people have had to put up with that all day long?"

.... thousands of laughter

PRICELESS

...kinda like we have to put up with rob zombies solo career compared to White Zombie...

lol

Guest mr_alex2

Everyone posting opionins, so here it goes:

Background - I got free tickets, so I am a little baised and tend to enjoy it more becuase of that.

Got there at 5ish - I think...

Roger - great, and great vibe in the tent!

Jimmy Van M - ok, never heard him before

Sasha - Digweed - AMAZING! I think the crowd was really into it!

AVB - Great, but not as good as S&D. I think he was pumping up the crows more than S&D though. Funny qoute from gay guys shouting at the top of their lungs. "OMG he is so fvcking gorgeous!" Wifey and I were cracking up!

MURK - good stuff.

I never stayed in one place for a whole set...

NIN - They stole the show as far as I am concerned! They started 30 minutes late though....

PS - does anyone know hoa long they went till, wifey wanted to leave during "the hand that feeds..." what else did they play?

Comments -

• Ban the "flyer" people inside, who actually holds on to them on the way in???
  • how about some lights in the port-o-potties??? i felt sorry for anyone that had to sit down.
  • and as everyone else said, more trash cans and seating
  • pretty easy to sneak in beers in a back pack, ok with me.

Qoute of the day - Trent Reznor - "someone tried to stick their finger in my butt"

PEACE!

Guest spacecadet

Also the fire work shows where awsome as well. Not like ultra with 2 chessy fire works looked like a disney firework show

Guest spacecadet

just imagine how empty it would have been if they didn't have the rock bands... The collapse is getting closer for Miami edm scene...

yea but alot people i know didnt want to blow there money this weekend and save it for ultra, also the mix of rock and edm had some people not to sure to come for that reason but loved how the organizer arranged the set up

Guest coach

Also the fire work shows where awsome as well. Not like ultra with 2 chessy fire works looked like a disney firework show

The fireworks were amazing. And not one show, but TWO! During the first show I kept thinking it was over, then they would put out another big display. Went on for 15 minutes, at least! And the finale on the final fireworks show was phenomenal. We were watching it from the 395 bridge and you could see it fantastic from there. Like WW3.

Guest mr_alex2

just imagine how empty it would have been if they didn't have the rock bands... The collapse is getting closer for Miami edm scene...

I think it would have been empty, just becuase ULTRA is next week. I for one would have paid the 50$ just for NIN,

BUT not if it was the weekend before ULTRA.

Many people that were there for the Rock were the peeps from the cancelled show of NIN during Hurricane season. I anticipate ULTRA will be much bigger??? What do you think?

Also, wasn't Rock93 promoting this event?

Who is promoting ULTRA to the masses? (I don't have satellite radio) now that party93 is gone? Who does this for the locals that don't really know about ULTRA? I meet alot of people who don't know about this massive festival at my work place.... [iT company]

PEACE!