V. Barbarino

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Bling seems to be the only one that cares. LOL

::)

Bling is the only one who takes Saleen seriously, especially when so many of us have good friends who work there and would let us know.

Guest defunes

Bling seems to be the only one that cares. LOL

::)

Bling is the only one who takes Saleen seriously, especially when so many of us have good friends who work there and would let us know.

i'm letting you know now, it's closing..

I'm sure it's closing! In the Universal, everything is going to close one day. It's just not closing anytime soon.

Guest djjoncowan

numerous sources on this one.. I really liked the club, but being in the hotel was thier demise.. Look for it to close at the end of this month..

well, lets see - we have layo and bushwacka this week, armand van helden next and a meeting with the city to allow us to have live entertainment on our pool deck... does that add up to closing? I've always had respect for you nick but MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. nobody cares about your "sources" or your alligations with no merrit. You know me personally and have for sometime, if you have questions go directly to the source which would be me, the owner.

now on to business

this saturday - LAYO AND BUSHWACKA

Next Sat: ARMAND VAN HELDEN~

and on a side note - please come speak at the planning board meeting on wed the 19th @3pm so not only can shine remain what it is today but become even better by encompassing the pool..

Guest vaughan

I'm sure it's closing! In the Universal, everything is going to close one day. It's just not closing anytime soon.

That's deep brother.... DEEP!!! Tell 'em Jon

Guest coach

a meeting with the city to allow us to have live entertainment on our pool deck...

Oh snap! That would so fucking rock!

and on a side note - please come speak at the planning board meeting on wed the 19th @3pm so not only can shine remain what it is today but become even better by encompassing the pool..

You know we would be there except for this little "work" thing.

Guest pod

Not to delve off the subject, but therein lies the weakness of the way things work around here. Whenever there's meetings to discuss issues like this, the people who would support this thing can't be there cause of a "little work thing".

Hence the voter and city commission turnouts are all populated by geriatrics, and self-employed do-gooders like that DelVecchio bastard who wishes this are to be Kendall with sand and saltwater.

The pro-nightlife population is either at work earning their dollars to support said industry, or they work in the industry itself and are sleeping because they have to go to work that night.

The only time I remember people showing up en masse is when the Opium Group whipped up everyone into a frenzy and people cut work and such to go to that commission meeting about the noise, zoning, and the dreaded "2 AM" issue, which Dermer (thank god) put on the shelf as a non-issue.

Guest coach

Not to delve off the subject, but therein lies the weakness of the way things work around here. Whenever there's meetings to discuss issues like this, the people who would support this thing can't be there cause of a "little work thing".

Hence the voter and city commission turnouts are all populated by geriatrics, and self-employed do-gooders like that DelVecchio bastard who wishes this are to be Kendall with sand and saltwater.

The pro-nightlife population is either at work earning their dollars to support said industry, or they work in the industry itself and are sleeping because they have to go to work that night.

The only time I remember people showing up en masse is when the Opium Group whipped up everyone into a frenzy and people cut work and such to go to that commission meeting about the noise, zoning, and the dreaded "2 AM" issue, which Dermer (thank god) put on the shelf as a non-issue.

Now, everyone copy and paste that into an email and spam the commissioners inboxes with it. You say you don't know their email addresses? The hell you don't! I present: http://miamibeachfl.gov/newcity/cityhall/elected.asp

Sure they are probably culled, but still, it is better than nothing.

Jon, if you would like to use POD's excellent comment to craft a standardized letter in support of your proposal, we would be happy to disseminate it for emailings to the council.

Guest swirlundergrounder

numerous sources on this one.. I really liked the club, but being in the hotel was thier demise.. Look for it to close at the end of this month..

well, lets see - we have layo and bushwacka this week, armand van helden next and a meeting with the city to allow us to have live entertainment on our pool deck... does that add up to closing? I've always had respect for you nick but MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. nobody cares about your "sources" or your alligations with no merrit. You know me personally and have for sometime, if you have questions go directly to the source which would be me, the owner.

now on to business

this saturday - LAYO AND BUSHWACKA

Next Sat: ARMAND VAN HELDEN~

Someone just got OWNED!!!

Guest Adam Singer

downtempo by the pool at shine would be incredible!!

trueeeeeeee. even some minimal techno.. and i mean realllllly quirky stuff

domingo type shit

i disagree, it wouldn't fit that outdoor vibe as much as some smooth/melodic/groovy/funky downtempo would...