Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shine to close......

V. Barbarino

Guest AlanS

downtempo by the pool at shine would be incredible!!

trueeeeeeee. even some minimal techno.. and i mean realllllly quirky stuff

domingo type shit

i disagree, it wouldn't fit that outdoor vibe as much as some smooth/melodic/groovy/funky downtempo would...

Miami has lacked ANY sort of good "chill out" type stuff in clubs for as long as I've been here... whether its ambient, downtempo, minimal, whatever, or all three. Up north the chill out rooms were always as packed as the main rooms...I still miss that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thelurker

Actually, wouldnt surprise me to hear it's closing soon. Been there 3 times now since it's opened and had to leave b/c it DEAD! How could a club like this stay afloat? A club can't survive on WMC money all year.

Guest aj2234

domingo type shit

i disagree, it wouldn't fit that outdoor vibe as much as some smooth/melodic/groovy/funky downtempo would...

Miami has lacked ANY sort of good "chill out" type stuff in clubs for as long as I've been here... whether its ambient, downtempo, minimal, whatever, or all three. Up north the chill out rooms were always as packed as the main rooms...I still miss that.

the best downtempo/ ambient dj in miami is stryke!

his ambient sets in back of the egde were sick!

and his staying in cd is classic!

Guest coach

Don't they do chill out at Soiree at the Raleigh? And what about the thing at Skybar? Also, did anyone notice that Jon said "LIVE" entertainment???

Guest james stratus

Ambient, Downtempo Broken beats, R&B, and atmospheric Drum and Bass please! I have wanted a place to hear this type of chill music mix down here for a LOOOONG time.

Guest pod

They need a big beefy A/C system stat! I'm talkin' an ozone-destroying, Freon-fueled blizzard blaster the likes of which God hasn't seen!

Guest Electric Eel

i dont like the low ceiling, but everything else is good.

Only someone tall like you would notice that, lol

Guest Miss_Digital

numerous sources on this one.. I really liked the club, but being in the hotel was thier demise.. Look for it to close at the end of this month..

well, lets see - we have layo and bushwacka this week, armand van helden next and a meeting with the city to allow us to have live entertainment on our pool deck... does that add up to closing? I've always had respect for you nick but MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. nobody cares about your "sources" or your alligations with no merrit. You know me personally and have for sometime, if you have questions go directly to the source which would be me, the owner.

now on to business

this saturday - LAYO AND BUSHWACKA

Next Sat: ARMAND VAN HELDEN~

and on a side note - please come speak at the planning board meeting on wed the 19th @3pm so not only can shine remain what it is today but become even better by encompassing the pool..

that was the nicest "shut the fuck up" and "you dont know shit" i'v ever seen ;)

hehehehe

well said :)

Guest vaughan

numerous sources on this one.. I really liked the club, but being in the hotel was thier demise.. Look for it to close at the end of this month..

well, lets see - we have layo and bushwacka this week, armand van helden next and a meeting with the city to allow us to have live entertainment on our pool deck... does that add up to closing? I've always had respect for you nick but MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. nobody cares about your "sources" or your alligations with no merrit. You know me personally and have for sometime, if you have questions go directly to the source which would be me, the owner.

now on to business

this saturday - LAYO AND BUSHWACKA

Next Sat: ARMAND VAN HELDEN~

and on a side note - please come speak at the planning board meeting on wed the 19th @3pm so not only can shine remain what it is today but become even better by encompassing the pool..

that was the nicest "shut the fuck up" and "you dont know shit" i'v ever seen ;)

hehehehe

well said :)

Since we are all on the subject of shoving what WE think is the truth, up Saleens ass...

Did I mention that NEXT Friday we haev DJ HEATHER at SoBe Live?

NO, I'm DEAD serious... THIS is REALLY happening. No Bullshit.. No Drama... Just Dj HEATHER! And THIS is one thing Saleen can't be RIGHT about...

heatherposter.jpg

domingo type shit

100% agree. i used to get to nocturnal when he played the patio like when greg was walkin in cuz at that time he would throw down the sickest ambient stuff..

that would always be my fav part of his set musicially right at the start. the chill downtempo stuff..

LOVED ITTTTTTTTT

greg can play it all ;D

Guest AlanS

domingo type shit

Absolutely.. I need a copy of Staying In.

domingo type shit

I have a copy or 2.

Guest phrankadelic

Ambient, Downtempo Broken beats, R&B, and atmospheric Drum and Bass please! I have wanted a place to hear this type of chill music mix down here for a LOOOONG time.

come out to connected tonight and you'll hear about an hour or more of it. starting at 10.

get the right people out and about and you might actually be surprised.

Guest AlanS

domingo type shit

I have a copy or 2.

:)