Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets talk about Bling...

V. Barbarino

Bling, I like you, I really do, while you have some issues in terms of posting poetry and talking about your feelings on here, one question remains, WHAT HAPPEND TO THOSE DAYS OF ALL HAIL TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TRANCE RULES

AND OF COURSE

ARMAN I WANT TO SUCK YOUR COCK WHY YOU PLAY LETHAL INDUSTRY, YOUr OWN MIX..

???

well i dont post poetry anymore.. my feelings yeah i do that and it bites me in the ass but thats me

for trance well ill def expound ;D

1. I got into Edm thanks to my friend Karel i didnt start clubbing till i was 23 first club i ever went to was the old space

paul van dyk and edgar v

i was like holy shit (mind u this was when he played played all that sick melodic and vocal trance)

loved trance.. my favs were always armin, ferry, markus and edgar and at times tiesto

what happeend was

a) trance crowd kept getting younger (or i kept gettting older.. lol )

B) i started to like going to smaller venues (the mega huge parties no longer interested me as much).. i loved it but it was time to move on

c) ive always liked jazz.

d) trance lately has geared away from vocals and become harder less melodic and it wasnt goin in a direction i liked

3) met Phil -phil introduces me to soulful house and the lust crew.. the vocals and soulful beats instantly attracted me. plus the jazzy rhythms once again reminded me i enjoy some good jazz

4) after a while lyrik and the rest had said mark my words ull start to like jackin house .. after u like soulful house.. they were right..

right now chicago house is my fav followed by jazzy/funky/soulful stuuff

i still listen to trance mixes posted on Tranceaddict

from grooveeric and relik and ill d/l on occasion asot and global dj broadcast when i can...

wold def go out to hear markus schulz (very sad coldnt make it during wmc i had a ticket but i was dead it was goin to be day 7)

still respect the genre but right now id say my fav genres are in this order

1. chicago house

2. soulful house

3. minimal techno

4. melodic markus schulz style trance (progressive trance...)

the end

Guest ctferni

Most EDM fans start of as Trance fans. After a while you are exposed to the all the different sounds EDM has to offer and you move on. Plus I dont care what anyone says, Trance sounds better when you are on drugs. Once you grow up(hopefully) and move past the drugs you move on from trance to some other sound. (I KNOW THATS NOW THE CASE WITH EVERYONE).

Guest pod

My favorite part is how the hardcore trance contingent wants to hang the poor guy out to dry for liking a different style of music. From what I can recall, Bling-Blong never swore off going to the events.

And I was under the impression that dance music, especially trance, was about inclusion as opposed to exclusion.

Extremists suck. I tend to put big "caution, contaminant" stickers on them.

Then I realized that fighting over music is useless. Some dork called me a fence-sitter, and I told him that realistically I go out to drink, shoot, and hang with my people these days. Music is #2. As long as it's some form of dance music I'm at least complacent.

and id go to many more local trance events if it wasnt for a certain person that i rather not bump into....u all know who... not that we will fight (cuz we all know who will win duhhh ) but still its uncomfortable to be in the same area as he is....

im surprised he hasnt come in here and called me a (fake, feg, u only have one friend in Phil....get laid.... etc...yet ...... :P)

esp when i say that groove eric is still one of my fav locals in this city.... he can play from trance to even house. ive heard eric play some sickkkk house sets......

locals in this city rawk nuff said.......how many times have i seen locals outshine the big name guest djs........

too many times to count

Guest tijuanarave

Trance is for young immature people... Good way to start them with EDM, you have to givem them something fast and aggressive (although I too, preffered to older more melodic Trance) to go with their generation... House is for the mature... More sophisticated... deeper... you name it.

Guest Damon7278

Yeah the trance world threw bling out since he was a fake, now he is into music that he doenst know anything about, chicago house music and he likes markus schulz, and he said he was gonna come out and see markus during WMC, never showed up, never makes an attempt to see him, so what does that tell u, fake as they come

Guest slamminshaun

I like it all and don't give a fuck what anyone says....

You can find me sweatin' balls at a PVD event and gropin' your girlfriend at a Jask event....its all in whatever state of mind I'm in that week.

You can find me sweatin' balls at a PVD event and gropin' your girlfriend at a Jask event....its all in whatever state of mind I'm in that week.

Great thoughts 8)

Guest Damon7278

thats fuckin awesome, get this man a drink someone

Guest Miss_Digital

taste is subjective

some people find diva house with overloaded with vocals great

i think it sucks to each his own

there actually an EDM song about this ... where a guy is talking about house music 8)

Guest LaundryBar

theres nothing wrong with liking more than one type of music, and there is nothing wrong with hearing a new type of music for the first time and thinking its great and wanting to hear more like it

"there are only 2 types of music...good music, and bad music"

Guest ddg

fucking hilarious... ;D

Guest Mattivi

Bling, I like you, I really do, while you have some issues in terms of posting poetry and talking about your feelings on here, one question remains, WHAT HAPPEND TO THOSE DAYS OF ALL HAIL TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TRANCE RULES

AND OF COURSE

???

i know this topic is about bling but i have to... i know trance isnt your cup of tea. but there was a time when tiesto used to rock that room, new and old, im talking about space, like few djs could. anybody in here who has been clubbing since the beginning of new millenia knows what i speak. the guy has had some absolutely EPIC nites at that place. he is actually not that bad when isnt touring the globe trying to commericialize edm and doing 24 gigs in 27 days. sorry for the rant.

although my musical taste have changed, there are few things i would exchange for a hi-nrg tiesto set @space. although those days are long gone. there is actually some good and intelligent trance being played out there that isnt all euro-cheesed out. go to a groove eric gig and tell me that aint some good shit. but yeah, im like most i got my start with trance, have moved on, but i still love trance all the same. . to each their own.

Guest ddg

You def need a night in Miami. LOL!

kid sounds like a caged animal or some shit..lol...

Guest dj_release

Wait till you hear minimal techno w/ some jazz influence ;)

cobblestone jazz mr louis? :)

mathew jonson in the house?

Guest JMT

TRANCE RULES

AND OF COURSE

???

i know this topic is about bling but i have to... i know trance isnt your cup of tea. but there was a time when tiesto used to rock that room, new and old, im talking about space, like few djs could. anybody in here who has been clubbing since the beginning of new millenia knows what i speak. the guy has had some absolutely EPIC nites at that place. he is actually not that bad when isnt touring the globe trying to commericialize edm and doing 24 gigs in 27 days. sorry for the rant.

although my musical taste have changed, there are few things i would exchange for a hi-nrg tiesto set @space. although those days are long gone. there is actually some good and intelligent trance being played out there that isnt all euro-cheesed out. go to a groove eric gig and tell me that aint some good shit. but yeah, im like most i got my start with trance, have moved on, but i still love trance all the same. . to each their own.

well said.

Guest LeVeL

So true..I haven't ever seen anyone ever rock that room better than Tiesto or any of the other trance guy like PVD and Mauro Picotto.

Oscar G does his thing week in and week out but the energy and the vibe of one of those sets is just something else.