Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling: OFF The Record

Bling

I dont normally talk about the industry because for me its all about having fun with friends and enjoying music u love after a long exhausting week at work..

but with all of the rumors about house being dead and this club going under soon i would like to state my peace.

For one .. I think that this board without Saleen would not be the same.... love him or hate him for what its worth he gets people reading the board

yeah he pisses me off at times and a lot of times hes plain out nasty and wrong in his coomments. other times he raises interesting questions about the direction of the scene

My take is this:

I started clubbing at 23. when i started the industry had just passed its "glory years" (shadow lounge yrs)....

the industry was still strong though... when i got into the scene trance was already on its way out and house was moving in....

the clubs were packed.. (albeit there were less venues but they were packed) ...

the big name djs came to space... tiesto... pvd... DD...... it was all good........

but then the scene became congested with parties.. i think in a way this has hurt the scene. people began to work against each other instead of support each others parties..... thereby hurting EDM as a whole

today the so called "end of house music in Miami" while many venues dont pack it in (cept for space/mansion etc on a continual basis)

i beleive that its improving slowly.......

thanks in large part to our locals

Whether its biz supporting such and such a party..... diaga going out to support Chib and visa versa.... aquabooty goin out to support Lust. Lust suppporting aquabooty

I have never been more proud as i am now then to be associated with many of these promoters and djs..

while the fanbase in miami in general has diminshed the passion of these promoters and djs have never faltered.

whether its david trying to bring new talent down (not an easy task)

its refreshing to see so many of u take the time to book talent that has not been seen in this city (rare to never)

from mazi, chuck love, fred everything..... even if u dont love these djs go out at least a bit to support these parties..

(it made me queasy literally when i was at shine when jon brought down the fuckin mannnnnnn Derrick Carter and it was empty).... u all missed out..... MAJOR PROPS TO JON FOR BRINGING IN THE DJS US MUSIC GEEKS LOVE )

whether its aquabooty, lust4house, local celebrity.. cuz however good a dj is... its not a party without all of you..

most importantly go out and support your LOCALS

THEY ARE THE FUCKIN BACKBONE OF THIS CITY.......

go out support sebastian, groove eric, lyrik. seth...jimmy t.. diaga... roque.. andrew...etc..... go to "Frisk E" go to "the Fix"

these parties are all about the music. no bs.... ever........

---------------------------------------------

yeah i will give it to saleen on this one.. it does seem that house is having some more difficulty lately packin in venues... but i wouldnt throw the white flag in just yet...

Miami promoters and djs and club owners are giving us some of the best talent the past yr and half that ive ever seen .......

even Space has done so bringing in zabiela again and desyn and Hybrid (should have gone to that in the main room.. ) mad respect for that booking ... gotta give it to Space for that one..

so what im saying is this

1. SUPPORT YOUR LOCALS

2. JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC.. DRINK.. FUCK WHATEVER. JUST HAVE FUN

3. For everyone to be more positive with regards to the various forms of EDM

im sick of hearing

-fuck trance.. or fuck snorehouse.... blah blah... that shit only hurts the scene.... if u dont like it dont go to the party ..... im sure the djs only want to play to fans that appreciate their music and talents anyways

end of rant............

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rhythmburn

I dont normally talk about the industry because for me its all about having fun with friends and enjoying music u love after a long exhausting week at work..

but with all of the rumors about house being dead and this club going under soon i would like to state my peace.

For one .. I think that this board without Saleen would not be the same.... love him or hate him for what its worth he gets people reading the board

yeah he pisses me off at times and a lot of times hes plain out nasty and wrong in his coomments. other times he raises interesting questions about the direction of the scene

My take is this:

I started clubbing at 23. when i started the industry had just passed its "glory years" (shadow lounge yrs)....

the industry was still strong though... when i got into the scene trance was already on its way out and house was moving in....

the clubs were packed.. (albeit there were less venues but they were packed) ...

the big name djs came to space... tiesto... pvd... DD...... it was all good........

but then the scene became congested with parties.. i think in a way this has hurt the scene. people began to work against each other instead of support each others parties..... thereby hurting EDM as a whole

today the so called "end of house music in Miami" while many venues dont pack it in (cept for space/mansion etc on a continual basis)

i beleive that its improving slowly.......

thanks in large part to our locals

Whether its biz supporting such and such a party..... diaga going out to support Chib and visa versa.... aquabooty goin out to support Lust. Lust suppporting aquabooty

I have never been more proud as i am now then to be associated with many of these promoters and djs..

while the fanbase in miami in general has diminshed the passion of these promoters and djs have never faltered.

whether its david trying to bring new talent down (not an easy task)

its refreshing to see so many of u take the time to book talent that has not been seen in this city (rare to never)

from mazi, chuck love, fred everything..... even if u dont love these djs go out at least a bit to support these parties..

(it made me queasy literally when i was at shine when jon brought down the fuckin mannnnnnn Derrick Carter and it was empty).... u all missed out..... MAJOR PROPS TO JON FOR BRINGING IN THE DJS US MUSIC GEEKS LOVE )

whether its aquabooty, lust4house, local celebrity.. cuz however good a dj is... its not a party without all of you..

most importantly go out and support your LOCALS

THEY ARE THE FUCKIN BACKBONE OF THIS CITY.......

go out support sebastian, groove eric, lyrik. seth...jimmy t.. diaga... roque.. andrew...etc..... go to "Frisk E" go to "the Fix"

these parties are all about the music. no bs.... ever........

---------------------------------------------

yeah i will give it to saleen on this one.. it does seem that house is having some more difficulty lately packin in venues... but i wouldnt throw the white flag in just yet...

Miami promoters and djs and club owners are giving us some of the best talent the past yr and half that ive ever seen .......

even Space has done so bringing in zabiela again and desyn and Hybrid (should have gone to that in the main room.. ) mad respect for that booking ... gotta give it to Space for that one..

so what im saying is this

1. SUPPORT YOUR LOCALS

2. JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC.. DRINK.. FUCK WHATEVER. JUST HAVE FUN

3. For everyone to be more positive with regards to the various forms of EDM

im sick of hearing

-fuck trance.. or fuck snorehouse.... blah blah... that shit only hurts the scene.... if u dont like it dont go to the party ..... im sure the djs only want to play to fans that appreciate their music and talents anyways

end of rant............

well put doode =)

Guest tijuanarave

^^^

Fuck off

As far as the Scene dying... it is not dying... what happened is that for a while, it grew too much... When a few places started making money with something that a lot of people never gave it a chance... that got other promoters into it... then it kind of exploded... all that is is doing right now is retracting a bit... while it retracts it also gathers more fans. Just like a wave retracting to gather more strength and energy when it comes back.

Guest coach

So, there you just answered your own question, as well as everyone else's, I think. Are there less people clubbing in Miami now than in the "glory days"? I really fucking doubt it. Hell, I remember one time we came on vacation many years ago, we went to Space (old Space, of course) for afterhours, and they tossed us out at 8am because the place was dead. Now it packs out pretty much every weekend until 11am or later.

And just to piss everyone off, I'll say this. As far as the EDM scene. I have seen a LOT of reminiscing for those "glory days", back when all the parties were awesome, everyone was a VIP, music was king, and positivity reigned supreme. Now, maybe some of you locals can correct me, but wasn't that when Trance was the primary music type? Now we have House as the "big thing". Also, during those heyday years, wasn't the drug usage much higher in the club scene?

Guest lyrik

And just to piss everyone off, I'll say this. As far as the EDM scene. I have seen a LOT of reminiscing for those "glory days", back when all the parties were awesome, everyone was a VIP, music was king, and positivity reigned supreme. Now, maybe some of you locals can correct me, but wasn't that when Trance was the primary music type? Now we have House as the "big thing". Also, during those heyday years, wasn't the drug usage much higher in the club scene?

...does anyone go further back than the last 5 years...

Guest Damon7278

...does anyone go further back than the last 5 years...

I go back to the start of hte Gulf war ;D

Guest Diaga

Another thing that fucks up the scene in Miami is alot of promoters that dont know shit about house music or DJs in Miami, but still think the can make the best parties lol.

Guest bb4692

As someone who reads this forum religiously a week or 2 before my many visits/year to the capitol of cooljunkie, I find Bling's commentary really cool. He's always positive, knows his music, and always has the hot ladies in his picture galleries. Keep up the good work bro! They'll always be VIP treatment for you up in Beantown if you ever find yourself in the City of "Ex"- Champions!!!

All you guys are awesome helping clueless dudes like me know where the hot parties are at each time we invade your awesome town. WAR SOUTH BEACH!!! Now back to my ground hog hole. Peace

Guest lulamishka

blah blah blah, another dumbass thread from the tool junkie

Not to get off topic here, but...

Damon, your attacks on Bling are old already. I don't understand what you get out of constantly putting him down. You need to shut the fuck up already if that's all you're gonna say the majority of the time you post.

Geezus.

Something is seriously lacking in YOUR life for you to constantly have to single him out, attack him and put him down.

/end rant. Carry on.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Dude, didn't you say you didn't like this board and claimed that you would never post here? If all you have to say when you come here are attacks on one guy, haven't you noticed that you stand alone and your taunts are generally disregarded by everyone here? You've become like a bully in a school yard who makes fun of another kid thinking that he's making everyone laugh at that one kid, but it's not funny and people are tired of hearing it. I don't know why you keep pushing the issue and making it obvious that you have a beef with him. Everybody knows and there's no point to it anymore.

Guest Miss_Digital

bling reading that post was like reading a very long book you most have excellent typing skills

55wpm

Guest Miss_Digital

Damon, your attacks on Bling are old already. I don't understand what you get out of constantly putting him down. You need to shut the fuck up already if that's all you're gonna say the majority of the time you post.

Geezus.

Something is seriously lacking in YOUR life for you to constantly have to single him out, attack him and put him down.

/end rant. Carry on.

exactly when you point your finger at some one else it makes you look bad

Guest Philip

So, there you just answered your own question, as well as everyone else's, I think. Are there less people clubbing in Miami now than in the "glory days"? I really fucking doubt it. Hell, I remember one time we came on vacation many years ago, we went to Space (old Space, of course) for afterhours, and they tossed us out at 8am because the place was dead. Now it packs out pretty much every weekend until 11am or later.

I wouldn't wanna go back to much of that. And thats exactly how it was. And 20/20 sneakin video cams in showing kids past out and fucked beyond belief. I had plenty enough of a reminder when I walked past the Rabbit In The Moon performance a couple weekends ago.

Guest Damon7278

Geezus.

/end rant. Carry on.

Bling's Useless threads are never old, thats why the way I am, and I stick to what I do on here, deal with it

Guest lulamishka

Geezus.

/end rant. Carry on.

Bling's Useless threads are never old, thats why the way I am, and I stick to what I do on here, deal with it

::) You are extremely lame, Damon.

As someone who reads this forum religiously a week or 2 before my many visits/year to the capitol of cooljunkie, I find Bling's commentary really cool. He's always positive, knows his music, and always has the hot ladies in his picture galleries. Keep up the good work bro! They'll always be VIP treatment for you up in Beantown if you ever find yourself in the City of "Ex"- Champions!!!

All you guys are awesome helping clueless dudes like me know where the hot parties are at each time we invade your awesome town. WAR SOUTH BEACH!!! Now back to my ground hog hole. Peace

8) werd. thanks for the positive feedback.. 8)

Geezus.

/end rant. Carry on.

:-* (and no damon this isnt a kiss smiley cuz im trying to get laid by michelle smiley) :P

though my bday is coming upppp hmmmmmmm lol

j/k ;)

Guest ramon

Another thing that fucks up the scene in Miami is alot of promoters that dont know shit about house music or DJs in Miami, but still think the can make the best parties lol.

and the ones that do get put off for doing something different .. oh well .. we continue.

Guest Diaga

and the ones that do get put off for doing something different .. oh well .. we continue.

8)

Guest pod

Those that choose to remember the past too well are blinded to the possibilities of how great the future can be.

"Back in the day" is fun, but not if that's all you can talk about. If you're willing to risk losing your ass, trying something new can be fun.