• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ddg

i just love to party and get wasted....

diego: OFF THE RECORD

so what im saying is this

2. JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC.. DRINK.. FUCK WHATEVER. JUST HAVE FUN

excellent u are abiding by my second unbreakable clubbing rule.. ;D

its always about having fun blingers...what else is the point of going out at nite....

and btw...ur second rule is something that ive been practicing for a long long time..lol ;)

Guest pod

In the end that's what it is. I'm not overly picky about the music, I don't throw a fit if whomever DJing throws down a six month old track. I might crack wise about it, but I'm not letting it ruin my night.

blah blah blah, another dumbass thread from the tool junkie

Not to get off topic here, but...

Damon, your attacks on Bling are old already. I don't understand what you get out of constantly putting him down. You need to shut the fuck up already if that's all you're gonna say the majority of the time you post.

Geezus.

Something is seriously lacking in YOUR life for you to constantly have to single him out, attack him and put him down.

/end rant. Carry on.

Bling's Useless threads are never old, thats why the way I am, and I stick to what I do on here, deal with it

::) You are extremely lame, Damon.

I think you mean Michael.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Dude, didn't you say you didn't like this board and claimed that you would never post here? If all you have to say when you come here are attacks on one guy, haven't you noticed that you stand alone and your taunts are generally disregarded by everyone here? You've become like a bully in a school yard who makes fun of another kid thinking that he's making everyone laugh at that one kid, but it's not funny and people are tired of hearing it. I don't know why you keep pushing the issue and making it obvious that you have a beef with him. Everybody knows and there's no point to it anymore.

I don't like Bling either.....JUST KIDDING!!! :P :P :P

The scene is dying though people. The scene that we knew at least. It's just changing into something else and some of us are just getting older. When you've been in the scene a long time you start to notice more bad stuff about it because to a veteran the scene isn't new anymore and it's the same old same old same old drama over and over again.

This not ony happens here. It happens in every city in the U.S

The thing that Miami peeps take for granted is that Miami is the type of city that can support a scene which keeps people a little bit more interested in the scene longer than most cities.

Why? It's becasue Miami has a fresh influx of tourists that keep the scene fresh.

Miami is one of only 3 or 4 cities in the U.S that people travel to from all over the world to party. They are San Fransisco, LA, NYC, (maybe Chicago) and Miami. If you live in any other city besides one of these, the average club go'er gets bored of their club scene in just a matter of months.

So while the scene may be dying in other cities, it will at least last a little while longer in Miami. And whatever it turns into or however long it wil last we will never know. Most of us (hopefully all of us) will out grow it and stop caring about it before the scene does die.

So non of this really matters does it? Trust me people. There are more important things in life than the scene. And more importantly, there are more important things behind the scene! Music is great! Good friends are great! Family is great. Enjoy it my young apprentices while you can....

;D ;D

Guest vaughan

Quote me: If EVERYONE stoppeed taking it sooo fucking seriously and enjoy it... the scene would be SOOO ALIVE it would be gross... but you won't and you can't so yes... I agree 1000% with Terry(excellent post BTW)... SEE YA LATER!!!

It's Music... It's not the national deficit... ENJOY it... I know its hard. Next weekend... spend $1000 in the VIP of your favorite club, even if you can't afford it... maybe it will make you go back to work on Monday and realize that your purpose at work isn't to monitor 6 different message boards.

Get concerned about things that will REALLY matter in your lives... stop hating on each other... Worry about your 401k and IRA's so we can all still be hanging out, sipping cocktails in the sand laughing about this... unfortunately most of the people will be bagging groceries... and MOST dj's will be looking to start a second career from scratch in about 5 years... how "cool" will they be then... I guess that depends on how cool that person really is without ANY of this.

Much Love on a Friday! ;D

Guest Seb

Dude, didn't you say you didn't like this board and claimed that you would never post here? If all you have to say when you come here are attacks on one guy, haven't you noticed that you stand alone and your taunts are generally disregarded by everyone here? You've become like a bully in a school yard who makes fun of another kid thinking that he's making everyone laugh at that one kid, but it's not funny and people are tired of hearing it. I don't know why you keep pushing the issue and making it obvious that you have a beef with him. Everybody knows and there's no point to it anymore.

The scene is dying though people. The scene that we knew at least. It's just changing into something else and some of us are just getting older. When you've been in the scene a long time you start to notice more bad stuff about it because to a veteran the scene isn't new anymore and it's the same old same old same old drama over and over again.

The thing that Miami peeps take for granted is that Miami is the type of city that can support a scene which keeps people a little bit more interested in the scene longer than most cities.

Why? It's becasue Miami has a fresh influx of tourists that keep the scene fresh.

Miami is one of only 3 or 4 cities that people travel to from all over the world to party. They are San Fransisco, LA, NYC, (maybe Chicago) and Miami. If you live in any other city besides one of these, the average club go'er gets bored of their club scene in just a matter of months.

So while the scene may be dying in other cities, it will at least last a little while longer in Miami. And whatever it turns into or however long it wil last we will never know. Most of us (hopefully all of us) will out grow it and stop caring about it before the scene does die.

So non of this really matters does it? Trust me people. There are more important things in life than the scene. And more importantly, there are more important things behind the scene! Music is great! Good friends are great! Family is great. Enjoy it my young apprentices while you can....

;D ;D

excellent post ;D

Guest Miss_Digital

Miami is one of only 3 or 4 cities that people travel to from all over the world to party. They are San Fransisco, LA, NYC, (maybe Chicago) and Miami. If you live in any other city besides one of these, the average club go'er gets bored of their club scene in just a matter of months.

;D ;D

excellent post ;D

yes agreed

people have been saying the scene is dieing for years

hurry up and die already if thats the truth

has anyone ever seen damon with a chick? Never once on cj or cp did anyone ever mention seeing this guy with a chick...

If you have seen him with a chick, please post that you have so.. Either he is gay or he is what us gudios refer to as having negative game.. Some have no game, but this ass clown has negative game. Hopefully flip can teach him how to pull ass while damon is renting a room at the age of 28...

Guest ddg

Quote me: If EVERYONE stoppeed taking it sooo fucking seriously and enjoy it... the scene would be SOOO ALIVE it would be gross... but you won't and you can't so yes... I agree 1000% with Terry(excellent post BTW)... SEE YA LATER!!!

It's Music... It's not the national deficit... ENJOY it... I know its hard. Next weekend... spend $1000 in the VIP of your favorite club, even if you can't afford it... maybe it will make you go back to work on Monday and realize that your purpose at work isn't to monitor 6 different message boards.

Get concerned about things that will REALLY matter in your lives... stop hating on each other... Worry about your 401k and IRA's so we can all still be hanging out, sipping cocktails in the sand laughing about this... unfortunately most of the people will be bagging groceries... and MOST dj's will be looking to start a second career from scratch in about 5 years... how "cool" will they be then... I guess that depends on how cool that person really is without ANY of this.

Much Love on a Friday! ;D

why you gotta call me out on the whole grocery bagging thing big V.... :'( :'(

a paycheck is a paycheck!!!! :P

Guest pod

It may not be a "death" per se, but the current crowd is transitioning out of clubland, and hopefully, a new crowd will be coming in. Lambs to the slaughter and all.

Terry's right, a lot of people are "growing up" and getting older. Not older like turning 50, signing up for AARP, and moving to Del Boca Vista (guess the reference)...but older in the sense that it might not be as much fun to get fall down drunk (shut up elio), and so on and so forth.

Depends on how you do it though. The "party people" going to every party from Wednesday through Monday morning, no matter if it is a top party or some dank crackfest, they burn out quicker than most. Then you get your weekenders who stick around longer, then the odd person out who is at every club, and has been for the past 15 years. Industry people like DJs and promoters don't count of course. When it's your job to be at a club, and you do it right, you know when to say when and not kill yourself actually partying.

A lot of this I saw just before and during conference. I was on medication and not able to drink. Refreshing really, plus I'll be honest, I wanted to hit 90 percent of the people I saw. Explains why I drink in clubs in the first place.

But anyways, I'm digressing a bit. This mythical nightclub scene as it is, it is very cyclic. Music, style of club, etc...the fun part for me is just seeing where things go next. I'm a fan of dance music if i had to select a personal preference, but I'm not opposed to going out and the club is doing an open-format night or even live bands, as long as the bands are decent and not a bunch of high-school kids screaming.

Guest rhythmburn

It may not be a "death" per se, but the current crowd is transitioning out of clubland, and hopefully, a new crowd will be coming in. Lambs to the slaughter and all.

Terry's right, a lot of people are "growing up" and getting older. Not older like turning 50, signing up for AARP, and moving to Del Boca Vista (guess the reference)...but older in the sense that it might not be as much fun to get fall down drunk (shut up elio), and so on and so forth.

Depends on how you do it though. The "party people" going to every party from Wednesday through Monday morning, no matter if it is a top party or some dank crackfest, they burn out quicker than most. Then you get your weekenders who stick around longer, then the odd person out who is at every club, and has been for the past 15 years. Industry people like DJs and promoters don't count of course. When it's your job to be at a club, and you do it right, you know when to say when and not kill yourself actually partying.

A lot of this I saw just before and during conference. I was on medication and not able to drink. Refreshing really, plus I'll be honest, I wanted to hit 90 percent of the people I saw. Explains why I drink in clubs in the first place.

But anyways, I'm digressing a bit. This mythical nightclub scene as it is, it is very cyclic. Music, style of club, etc...the fun part for me is just seeing where things go next. I'm a fan of dance music if i had to select a personal preference, but I'm not opposed to going out and the club is doing an open-format night or even live bands, as long as the bands are decent and not a bunch of high-school kids screaming.

Del Boca Vista = Seinfeld =)

for all the bullshit in the scene u know what i love the most.. personally from what i see week in and week out

i love how groups (aquabooty and lust4house) support each other..

talked to joe and he is the purest example of someone that loves music..

How the residence crew always suppports aquabooty and then u have joe busing in people for afterhours after aqubooty parties directly to the residence warehouse..

the respect i see from various people in teh biz is one of hte reasons besides the music that keeps makin me go out..

its a great thing to see esp in the cutthroat clubbing industry of miami

Guest rhythmburn

"My son got me a Cadillac..."

"What? D'you think you're such a big shot now, because you got a Cadillac?"

Guest vaughan

for all the bullshit in the scene u know what i love the most.. personally from what i see week in and week out

i love how groups (aquabooty and lust4house) support each other..

talked to joe and he is the purest example of someone that loves music..

How the residence crew always suppports aquabooty and then u have joe busing in people for afterhours after aqubooty parties directly to the residence warehouse..

the respect i see from various people in teh biz is one of hte reasons besides the music that keeps makin me go out..

its a great thing to see esp in the cutthroat clubbing industry of miami

Amen!

Guest Marina22

Miami is one of only 3 or 4 cities in the U.S that people travel to from all over the world to party. They are San Fransisco, LA, NYC, (maybe Chicago) and Miami. If you live in any other city besides one of these, the average club go'er gets bored of their club scene in just a matter of months.

;D ;D

I like your take on this and agree with you but.... I don't think that EDM will die anytime soon, could just be wishful thinking but it's not just in the States it's the all over the world! I will wear my earlpugs and support the music till the end. I have been listening to dance music since 97' and I am just getting started cause back then I didn't know shit and now it's a hobby, a passion. "Dance music is the only sound, dance music will always be around". So what if I'm a bit of an idealist :P

Guest dahzel

100% agree w/ you bling. saleen gets annoying sometimes but there is no way this place would be the same w/ out him i've only been around 9 months and i realize this. i think that the scene in miami is alive and well and i'm sick of ppl comparing it to the way it used to be. we have a hell of a lot of local talent that are amazing in there own right. not to mention the headliners that come down every week. as far as shine being empty for derrick carter, that was a shame but hopefully we can bring down these legends of edm more often. i mean derrick may is coming up right? like marina22 said, i'll keep going out and enjoying myself and if ppl want to keep bitchin about the way it was or the way it is....FUCK EM!!!