Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so I just had my eyes sliced open

Guest Devilicious

Guest Devilicious

and my vision corrected. Crazy, mind-blowing technology they have these days. I can already see better and should be better than 20/20 by tomorrow morning. No sedatives given... the actual procedure was like 5 minutes. Everyone at the office I went to has been great. Super friendly and helped me feel at ease. If your vision is bad, you should do it.

Guest Devilicious

I got the most advanced laser available and it was 2500 for both eyes. I paid for it all in one shot but they offer some excellent financing options.

Bling, it's not a big deal to have bad vision. Get the surgery.

I love my glasses too Jackie, I am going to have the lenses replaced with clear... shhhh don't tell anyone! lol

Guest r3nz0

Talmage, do you think it's possible that the same doctor can sew your mouth shut? Like, for good.

Call me, ok? :-*

Guest LeVeL

I got the most advanced laser available and it was 2500 for both eyes. I paid for it all in one shot but they offer some excellent financing options.

Ahhh you see it wasn't that expensive as you thought...

Guest Devilicious

the laser was active for like 10 seconds... there was a strange clicking noise... also a bizzare burning smell

Pricing was about what I expected. I would not have done it with any of the older lasers/technology.

For a few more hundred you could get a year's worth of upgrades, but I'm hoping not to need them.

Guest pod

Like any procedure, it gets cheaper with advancements.

Currently manufactured excimer lasers use a computer system that tracks the patient's eye position up to 4,000 times per second, redirecting laser pulses for precise placement. After the laser has reshaped the cornea, the Lasik flap is repositioned over the treatment area by the surgeon. The flap remains in position by natural adhesion until healing is completed.

Guest JMT

what ive heard from most people i know who have had it done is the worst part is the smell, basically your cornea burning, and the few seconds that you lose vision. :-\

ill probably get it done at some point.

Guest lulamishka

Congrats, Tal!! I'm glad all went well. :)

This surgery was one of the best things my sister ever did. She got it a little over a year or so ago and hasn't regretted it for a moment.

And Renzo, LOL!

Guest ILLMATIC

Congratulations Cocoa Puffs!

Glad to hear that you can finally see my ass without wearing them thick bottled glasses.

I don’t know if looking at a computer screen after that type of operation is a wise idea though. LOL

Guest Slide On The Ice

Congratulations Talmage. Aside from the click and the burning smell, did you feel any heat on your eyes when the laser was on? I'd like to get that operation some day. I'm medically blind without my lenses and I wear -750 in each eye. It would be nice to be able to go swimming without being blind in the process.

CrzyC:

Niiiice, you will have to tell me all about when we see each other next.

The nice thing about that is that she'll be seeing you better than she ever saw you before. ;D

Guest Civs

Congrats T. I got mine done last year and haven't regretted one bit. Didn't cost as much as yours but got excellent results. Paid $899 for both eyes. And yes, I haven't had one single problem. Guess I was lucky :)

Guest ShampooBabe

I'll be doing it sometime. I'm so over wearing glasses, I won't miss them, and I hate contacts... >:(

dont give up on contacts, sooner or later u will get used to, trust me.

Guest Devilicious

be careful. not everybody can have that laser operation. Some people get worse.

You go through a long series of tests before the doctors determine that you are a candidate for surgery, and which laser(s) will be available to you. The only condition that is not operable is disease of the eye.

I had astigmatism and a perscription of -5.50 in both eyes.

I have not been able to function without corrective lenses since I was a child!

Used to be when I woke up, if I didn't remember where I left my glasses, I would have to fumble around squinting and pawing for them blindly.

Contacts had become a nightmare for me... dry eyes and long wear had made them painful to wear. Not to mention the money I was spending on contacts and annual appointments.

The first thing they do is numb your eyes with drops, so no, you don't experience any pain per se. It's definitely creepy and unpleasant, but it doesn't hurt. You can watch it being performed on other patients through a window. I chose not to do this!

JMT you're right on; those 2 things are the worst part!

Guest Marina22

Yeah, I noticed that you had your glasses on this past weekend but not the other weekend. Either way it looked good but I am sure contacts suck in a club! Congrats on your new eyes. :)

Guest Slide On The Ice

I am sure contacts suck in a club!

Why, because of the smoking? I wear contacts and that didn't seem to bother me.