Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dance Music Events to come...

Guest LeVeL

Which event are you looking most forward too..  

1. 1. Which event are you looking most forward too..

Guest Major

Hernan Cattaneo is one of the most respected Dj's out of South America. He's been touring globally for over a decade,i think he is quite capable of handling any room of any size any part of the world.

he's a one trick pony and will tank at mansion...

You only need one good trick!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Miss_Digital

Mansion has their head up their ass with that dumb booking..

They will regret it big time..

ok so if it were up to you who would they book? ???

TSETTOS ;)

LOL

no really

i just want to know who he thinks is a good booking ???

At mansion denny was great, he played the room should be played. Hernan will play that room into the ground like RR did in which they almost ripped him off the decks..

Few djs these days will be able to handle that room, it's a lot tougher than people think.. Too many jocks will play way way too hard... Denny was playing the Bee gees and the place went nuts and he got praise from the staff..

For bigger guys, I have to think about it, but for locals, they should have hired rudnick a long long long time ago..

so

you think booking denny testicles, is better for buisness than booking hernan

???

i've never seen denny play and i would like to, i would see any Dj once its up to them if i see them a second or a third time

Guest Miss_Digital

Hernan Cattaneo is one of the most respected Dj's out of South America. He's been touring globally for over a decade,i think he is quite capable of handling any room of any size any part of the world.

Yes Sir

one most respected in the world

Guest ramon

Bob Sinclair.

Guest Major

I agree Hernan will have to play more commercial since its a saturday night and the crowd is more use to that sound and its an older crowd.

This type of thinking has to go,if we're gonna move forward.

Guest Miss_Digital

I agree Hernan will have to play more commercial since its a saturday night and the crowd is more use to that sound and its an older crowd.

if hernan accommodated his playing to everyones liking he wouldn't wheres he at today

he'd be a local

;)

Guest Major

if hernan accommodated his playing to everyones liking he wouldn't wheres he at today

he'd be a local

;)

Exactly,he's not from Miami. He's a world class Dj.

Guest bootstah

he'd be a local

;)

Exactly,he's not from Miami. He's a world class Dj.

+1 I dont think anybody was disappointed at Shine during WMC, he was fantastic, and besides that dj's should never have to play a certain way, they should have artistic freedom to play they way they want. However, that not being the case it's sad. But, Hernan is a crowd pleaser and if people don't like his style then don't go.. ;D

if I were to choose a party, Holden would have to be up there with Hernan, he certainly proved what a great dj he is ;D

Guest Miss_Digital

So our local DJs can't be world class?

not necessarily

it only applies to some

many djs started here as locals and have gone off to claim there fame

but for the most part

I dont think most people who listen to dance music in budapest know any of our locals

Guest durrtylexx

Bob Sinclair.

agreed

Sinclar would be a great booking for Mansion.

Sloveig & Clamaran as well.

Guest Marina22

Never seen Holden, never been to Pawn Shop so I would probably go to this event. I am all about seeing talent I haven't seen before even though I am not familiar with his music.

Guest Miss_Digital

Never seen Holden, never been to Pawn Shop so I would probably go to this event. I am all about seeing talent I haven't seen before even though I am not familiar with his music.

you will love him!

he's Oozing with talent

Guest pod

They're gonna have to stop playing top 40. Cue is the only one that pushes the boundaries imo.

Umm, tell that to Oscar, Ralph, Cedric, and even Ivano. All four enjoy a rather busy touring schedule when not playing in Miami. I'd dare to say the people in Budapest know at least two of the ones I've mentioned.

It's funny, people bitch about our locals getting the short end of the stick, then I read a post like this.

Make up your minds, kids.

Guest Miss_Digital

They're gonna have to stop playing top 40. Cue is the only one that pushes the boundaries imo.

Umm, tell that to Oscar, Ralph, Cedric, and even Ivano. All four enjoy a rather busy touring schedule when not playing in Miami. I'd dare to say the people in Budapest know at least two of the ones I've mentioned.

It's funny, people bitch about our locals getting the short end of the stick, then I read a post like this.

thats why i said some exceptions

but for the most part major is dead on

hes right!

Guest Major

Sure.they're all great Dj's,but i know what i hear when i go out.

TSETTOS ;)

LOL

no really

i just want to know who he thinks is a good booking ???

At mansion denny was great, he played the room should be played. Hernan will play that room into the ground like RR did in which they almost ripped him off the decks..

Few djs these days will be able to handle that room, it's a lot tougher than people think.. Too many jocks will play way way too hard... Denny was playing the Bee gees and the place went nuts and he got praise from the staff..

For bigger guys, I have to think about it, but for locals, they should have hired rudnick a long long long time ago..

so

you think booking denny testicles, is better for buisness than booking hernan

???

i've never seen denny play and i would like to, i would see any Dj once its up to them if i see them a second or a third time

Denny is a 100000000000000000000000% better booking.

One he's cheaper, number 2, Mansion is not about the dj nor the muisc, however the music has to be for the crowd. Mansion is successful because people want to go the club they don't want to go to see the djs, they don't care about the djs.. Dave is my buddy, but either him or someone else really fucked up with this dumb booking. Lots of industry folks wondering what the fuck is wrong with them with this dumb booking.. You school of though is just north at crobar, a club that is now closed because Mansion put them out of business.

If I owned Mansion, I wouldn't change a god damm thing, booking djs is counter productive at Mansion.

Guest pod

I think it's the classic problem plaguing any music scene that isn't mainstream, and it's called the "sell-out" syndrome.

I actually had a discussion once with a local-turned-global DJ of major note, and he lamented that, that some members of his fanbase seemingly turned on him for being successful.

Frankly, I applaud it whenever one of our local guys does something of note on a global scale.

Guest dj_release

So our local DJs can't be world class?

that's a very short-sighted statement

Guest ramon

Go .. I'm sure you will enjoy his music :)

Guest Miss_Digital

I think it's the classic problem plaguing any music scene that isn't mainstream, and it's called the "sell-out" syndrome.

I actually had a discussion once with a local-turned-global DJ of major note, and he lamented that, that some members of his fanbase seemingly turned on him for being successful.

Frankly, I applaud it whenever one of our local guys does something of note on a global scale.

yes i'm happy when i local reaches that global scale regardless of the gengre

but playing top 40 wont get you there

Florida has tons of talent from Fortier to Icey and everyone in between

Guest ramon

mansion just works .. adding a dj that would complement the scene and crowd is just a bonus. sinclar comes to mind .. maybe guetta .. people like that.

Guest Miss_Digital

mansion just works .. adding a dj that would complement the scene and crowd is just a bonus. sinclar comes to mind .. maybe guetta .. people like that.

yeah guetta had a huge sucess for the WMC party at mansion!! i was told by some girlie friends of mine that went

Guest Miss_Digital

Denny is a 100000000000000000000000% better booking.

One he's cheaper, number 2, Mansion is not about the dj nor the muisc, however the music has to be for the crowd. Mansion is successful because people want to go the club they don't want to go to see the djs, they don't care about the djs.. Dave is my buddy, but either him or someone else really fucked up with this dumb booking. Lots of industry folks wondering what the fuck is wrong with them with this dumb booking.. You school of though is just north at crobar, a club that is now closed because Mansion put them out of business.

If I owned Mansion, I wouldn't change a god damm thing, booking djs is counter productive at Mansion.

not really

certain Djs can pull hell of a crowd

one good example MURK people flooded to go see these guys for good reason

booking is not counter productive

if not these so called "super star djs" wouldn't be able to charge the thousands of dollars to play