Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My saturday night review..

V. Barbarino

Ok, I went to check out the Pawn Shop to see what all the hype was about. To my suprise, the place was slammed wall to wall with huge lines.. Alan T got my crew in without no wait, lots of pissed off people after we cut the whole line. Note to un washed masses, I'm the saleen! Anywho, great focking party.... Open format works and works well. 2 Tracks off the Raising Hell album, way way way way way old school, I actually owned that tape, one of my first... Btw for you newbies Raising Hell was Run DMC. Froim disco, to hip hop, to rap to rock, it was so much fun..

But there's always a butt.

The DJ, very poorly done, it is possible to mix all genres almost seemlessly.. How do I know it can be done? I'll name 2 jocks I've seen do it live in person up and close.

First one is Mr Oscar G, the second one is Kid Rock. Very poorly done in terms of mixing, you can't cut tracks like that that's a sign of a hip hop dj.. Eddy, you need to scout out a new dj, or you need to cut that djs pay, any one can do what he was doing. Sneak Oscar G in one night and watch the difference. I saw kid rock mix the dukes of hazzard theme song with hip hop LIVE!

Next, add more bars, you guys are loosing money, it's such a great party, you need more bar space..

Finally the sound system is out of a alarm clock..

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic time, for one simple reason.. The club, the party, the muisc, the customers, the staff etc, no one takes it too serious... You don't have losers showing up going, "this guy sucks he didn't drop the new tech tribal minimal london deep neo classic house with trance bass lines"...

I can sum up PawnShop with some lyrics..

"Lets get drunk and screw!"

One request for the dj. Family Tradiition by Hank Williams Jr.

Anyway, good job guys, great party, great place, it's nothing like i've ever seen in Miami, and there was soooooooooooo much hot ass there....

You earn the saleen stamp of approval...

So then my gf got sick so we had to leave, but I wanted to pop my head into space to see og, so we drove by, around the corner where i usually park, there was these thugs with 28 inch rims, one dude had salsa music blarring while he danced in the street with some spic flag. It was a zoo down there... I didn't feel safe haveing my gf walk with me to Space, so we never parked..

Now the really really really bad news... It's ova.. So ova.. I did a little recon, I got a girl who works for those condos that are being built, now they are saying sept or oct for opening. Outside the pawn shop, you can hear all types of music echoing thru out the city to the point, there is going to be a war down there, clubs vs condos vs thugs.. It's going to get very ugly to the point, the super bowl parties will be tame down there. Space's and Nocturnals values will be cut in half by Oct...

He's not lying. Got there around 2am. Alan T made sure Luis and I got in with no hassle. So many hot chicks in there. Diogo, you should have left me the camera, since your dumbass did not want to come in. Finally saw the outdoor area. Really cool. Good times 8)

He's not lying. Got there around 2am. Alan T made sure Luis and I got in with no hassle. So many hot chicks in there. Diogo' date=' you should have left me the camera, since your dumbass did not want to come in. Finally saw the outdoor area. Really cool. Good times 8)

[/quote']

i forgot the sd card in my card reader at home, wouldnt do u any good

i dont base my decisions on impulse, thx u..

All of downtown is a zoo. From construction, to the thugs, to the parking problems to the clubs, it's not a place I want to walk around with my gf.. Not safe at all!!! WW III will begin when those condos open, no way are people going to pay 750k to listen to muisc at 4am every friday and saturday night. Toss in the thugs, homeless, trancers and the occassional spic in the middle of the road dancing with a flag, you got yourself a Miami version of Crown Heights.

All of downtown is a zoo. From construction, to the thugs, to the parking problems to the clubs, it's not a place I want to walk around with my gf.. Not safe at all!!! WW III will begin when those condos open, no way are people going to pay 750k to listen to muisc at 4am every friday and saturday night. Toss in the thugs, homeless, trancers and the occassional spic in the middle of the road dancing with a flag, you got yourself a Miami version of Crown Heights.

crown heights in the brooklyn represent!

ur deff right man

LMAO he said Crown Heights, Brooklyn. That is like the epitome of ghettoness. ROFLMAO

Guest djqba

very rough night gun fire broke out around 530 am on the side of Gold Rush and shit got very hairy really fast... something has to be done soon or there will be no place to go...

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

they need to get rid of those clubs on the corner and everything would be all good. shut them down or redo them so there is just a block of variety, space, noc, twilo, studio a etc . i always park in the lot closet to that side, i always feel like i am about to scrap fpor whatever reason. keep one eye lookin out

Guest missgroovethang

Hey Mr. S how cool it must be to be you! WOW thanks for letting us know how fabulous you are, invited to cut the long line of pissed off people. Total Props to you! I so appreciate (as i'm sure Pawn Shop does) your critique of the venue. Just knowing it earned the "saleen stamp of approval" makes me want to hang out there every night! Hearing your insightful views on how "Open format works and works well" and the mentality that "let's get drunk and screw" takes presidence over anything else in a club is a truly enlightened observation. It is so refreshing to hear that the club and customers do not take the music too serious. It is all about the PARTY!!! Yes, it is so annoying to see " loosers " actually go to a club for the music! What's up with that??? F... the music!!! What really makes your review of Pawn Shop so special is your attention grabbing mentality and lack of knowledge regarding music and how to review a club in general is rather comical especially coming from the BIGGEST ASS CLOWN on the board ;)

Hey Mr. S how cool it must be to be you! WOW thanks for letting us know how fabulous you are, invited to cut the long line of pissed off people. Total Props to you! I so appreciate (as i'm sure Pawn Shop does) your critique of the venue. Just knowing it earned the "saleen stamp of approval" makes me want to hang out there every night! Hearing your insightful views on how "Open format works and works well" and the mentality that "let's get drunk and screw" takes presidence over anything else in a club is a truly enlightened observation. It is so refreshing to hear that the club and customers do not take the music too serious. It is all about the PARTY!!! Yes, it is so annoying to see " loosers " actually go to a club for the music! What's up with that??? F... the music!!! What really makes your review of Pawn Shop so special is your attention grabbing mentality and lack of knowledge regarding music and how to review a club in general is totally enlightening especially coming from the BIGGEST ASS CLOWN on the board ;)

How can I proove people don't go out to clubs for the music? Do I take polls or pass out surveys? Nope, it's so easy to know that the avg clubber doesn't go out for the music. You are probably wondering how I could possiblly know this.. It's easy, the reason I know people don't go to the clubs for muisc is, CLUBS THAT CATER TO THE PEOPLE WHO GO OUT FOR THE MUSIC ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! Shall I list them for you???

People go out for the party, good male to female ratio, decent drink prices and hype... That's it.

My review had;

Mention of hot chicks, so I covered the male female ratio

Needs more bars, the drinking issue, I should have mentioned the drinks were a little pricey.

Good party, covers the party aspect of the review.

Packed with a huge line, this is the "hype" part of the review

I'd say my review is damm good, plus if I say I approve it, others will read this and check it out, you'd be shocked who reads my reviews.. There is a reason why clubs beg me to come out to their clubs.

Guest Untouchable Chino

..i barely ever see saleen give good reviews...so to be a part of that party and hear that he was had a good time..it's a good sign...cause alan t made him skip the line i guess it's a respect certain people have come to earn in the biz..so nothing wrong with that.. but everything he pointed out..are the keys to a successful party/venue...the girl to guy ratio always has to be at least 3 to 1, the bottle clientele, keep the quality of the party [not quantity], and the music...if those things are on point...that is a winning formula.. thanks for the good review

chino

Hey Mr. S how cool it must be to be you! WOW thanks for letting us know how fabulous you are, invited to cut the long line of pissed off people. Total Props to you! I so appreciate (as i'm sure Pawn Shop does) your critique of the venue. Just knowing it earned the "saleen stamp of approval" makes me want to hang out there every night! Hearing your insightful views on how "Open format works and works well" and the mentality that "let's get drunk and screw" takes presidence over anything else in a club is a truly enlightened observation. It is so refreshing to hear that the club and customers do not take the music too serious. It is all about the PARTY!!! Yes, it is so annoying to see " loosers " actually go to a club for the music! What's up with that??? F... the music!!! What really makes your review of Pawn Shop so special is your attention grabbing mentality and lack of knowledge regarding music and how to review a club in general is rather comical especially coming from the BIGGEST ASS CLOWN on the board ;)

Welcome to the boards, you are obviously new.

Rule #1 - Dont feed The Saleen, his only goal in life is to get your attention.

:)

Guest slamminshaun

So then my gf got sick so we had to leave,

What kind of club legend takes sand to the beach?

Guest rounder19

if space and nocturnal are smart, they will enclose their patios and make them one big skylight, i guess like a glass dome thats sound-proof. i cant imagine space not having their patio party, there is too much money to lose...either that or move...im sure LP & Co. is going to think of something.

btw i acutally think saleen did a decent review he said it like it was.. sometimes even i like to go out just for the party.. not often.. but i will at times...

caseinpoint jazzy jeff.. the music was not particularly my cup of tea (cept when he went old skool. but hte party and punani in the club made that party )

i miss shine :'(

Anyway, good job guys, great party, great place, it's nothing like i've ever seen in Miami, and there was soooooooooooo much hot ass there....

What? I wasn't there.. lol I had alternate plans that evening ;)

Anyway, glad you and yer girl had a good time... ;D

*yawn*

Guest JMT

thats the only bad thing about the place, imo.

hot chicks, good ratio, strong drinks, interesting decor, even some seating... its a fun time.

Guest thehammer

Ok, I went to check out the Pawn Shop to see what all the hype was about. To my suprise, the place was slammed wall to wall with huge lines.. Alan T got my crew in without no wait, lots of pissed off people after we cut the whole line. Note to un washed masses, I'm the saleen! Anywho, great focking party.... Open format works and works well. 2 Tracks off the Raising Hell album, way way way way way old school, I actually owned that tape, one of my first... Btw for you newbies Raising Hell was Run DMC. Froim disco, to hip hop, to rap to rock, it was so much fun..

The DJ, very poorly done, it is possible to mix all genres almost seemlessly.. How do I know it can be done? I'll name 2 jocks I've seen do it live in person up and close.

First one is Mr Oscar G, the second one is Kid Rock. Very poorly done in terms of mixing, you can't cut tracks like that that's a sign of a hip hop dj.. Eddy, you need to scout out a new dj, or you need to cut that djs pay, any one can do what he was doing. Sneak Oscar G in one night and watch the difference. I saw kid rock mix the dukes of hazzard theme song with hip hop LIVE!

Next, add more bars, you guys are loosing money, it's such a great party, you need more bar space..

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic time, for one simple reason.. The club, the party, the muisc, the customers, the staff etc, no one takes it too serious... You don't have losers showing up going, "this guy sucks he didn't drop the new tech tribal minimal london deep neo classic house with trance bass lines"...

So then my gf got sick so we had to leave, but I wanted to pop my head into space to see og, so we drove by, around the corner where i usually park, there was these thugs with 28 inch rims, one dude had salsa music blarring while he danced in the street with some spic flag. It was a zoo down there... I didn't feel safe haveing my gf walk with me to Space, so we never parked..

Now the really really really bad news... It's ova.. So ova.. I did a little recon, I got a girl who works for those condos that are being built, now they are saying sept or oct for opening. Outside the pawn shop, you can hear all types of music echoing thru out the city to the point, there is going to be a war down there, clubs vs condos vs thugs.. It's going to get very ugly to the point, the super bowl parties will be tame down there. Space's and Nocturnals values will be cut in half by Oct...

Wow, thank you for checking out Pawn Shop for us! I'm sorry to tell you but, that club, and that party have been going on for a LONG time now.

All of the stupid info you posted, is common knowledge to those who are out more than once every six months or so. ::):P ::):P

Wow, thank you for checking out Pawn Shop for us! I'm sorry to tell you but, that club, and that party have been going on for a LONG time now.

All of the stupid info you posted, is common knowledge to those who are out more than once every six months or so. ::):P ::):P

Oh ok, so by your account, no one should review space, since that party has been going on for 6 years...

Pod and Nick please delete all space reviews except for the very first one... Thanks

Guest lyrik

My main issue with pawn shop seems to be still there...the sound system in there is terrible...I thought they updated before or right after conference? That and I never liked the the whole broken tile flooring and the its so retro its chic feel to the place...just never really interested me...but the sound was the biggest thing for me....always sounded very hollow in there.