Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is this board turning into...

Guest vaughan

Guest Cosmigonon

NY board on CP is the worst.. we're working on cleaning up CP by the way ;)

classic NY post ......

HOUSE DANCING and GUIDO DANCING, there is a difference

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/303410-house-dancing-guido-dancing-there-difference.html

Actually, that's a really interesting thread, if you read the whole thing. Some very sick videos, for us who appreciate the art of dancing... 8)

classic NY post ......

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/303410-house-dancing-guido-dancing-there-difference.html

Wao, some sick dancers in the 1st vid... :o

That is typical NY house dancing. Up there the competiton is intense that people are always inventing new moves. The dancing up there is sick. It's always a pleasure to go back home periodically and see this type of stuff. I'm not trying to make this a regional NY vs MIA thing but, I noticed that here, For the most part everybody dances the same, no creativity.

Guest Cosmigonon

classic NY post ......

HOUSE DANCING and GUIDO DANCING' date=' there is a difference[/b']

That is typical NY house dancing. Up there the competiton is intense that people are always inventing new moves. The dancing up there is sick. It's always a pleasure to go back home periodically and see this type of stuff. I'm not trying to make this a regional NY vs MIA thing but, I noticed that here, For the most part everybody dances the same, no creativity.

Bro, just like Diogo said, watching those videos made me feel like moving to NYC... :-\

classic NY post ......

Bro, just like Diogo said, watching those videos made me feel like moving to NYC... :-\

I Left NYC mostly because of the cold weather and the high strung nature of the city was getting to me after years of being there. But I'll tell you one thing, if I can have it my way I would go clubbing out there for the weekends and comeback. LOL.

Guest Marina22

classic NY post ......

Actually, that's a really interesting thread, if you read the whole thing. Some very sick videos, for us who appreciate the art of dancing... 8)

Definetly more inspiring when you see people dancing like this. I can't talk since I am not a great dancer but when you feel others dancing differently or just better it makes everyone dance better. Wonder how the different cities vary on this forum?

classic NY post ......

A lot of people give Gabe shit but in all honesty, he's a great guy that REALLY loves house music and is very passionate about dancing. Thats one of the biggest differences between here and miami, the dancers. To them, dancing is life - its like breathing so naturally they take it seriously.

Guest LeVeL

You mean promoter junkie?

I told Nick and Dan, they didn't listen!

2469a.jpg

You know I was looking to the Miami Board today and this statement is so true. I feel the Miami Board has become tremendously spammed by promoters trying to promote or bump their parties.

They have even gone out of their way of reposting their party more than once. Even having different people affiliated with their party post about their event in a different thread.

I am all for promoting an event but sometimes its just too much. You can obviously "BUMP", your event all you want even if your the only one bumping it. But when your constantly starting a thread or even posting the flyer of the event in different threads throughout the board it has becomed irrelevant that your trying too much and all your doing is spamming the Miami Board.

Just look at this for prime examples...

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=28615

and

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=26919

Same events but 2 threads were made and this happens time after time but nothing is ever done.

It has overwhelmed the Miami Board so much that suddenly it isn't "Nightlife for all you Junkies based in Miami". But instead the Board has become an event or promoter board or what I call it a spamming board. I think there should be either a new section for just events only to seperate the spam from everything else.

I dont know how this hasn't come to the attention of the so-called Moderators, it such a no brainer and it would make everything else work more smoothly.

Sorry for my rant and if it has affected anyone's feelings but just stating a fact as long time member of cooljunkie.

Guest pod

Well those events are technically nightlife. ;D

However, I will agree with you that repeated bumps and double threads are getting out of hand. If anything, just bump the existing thread for your event, but don't double post it.

Guest coach

I still think you guys should install the rules that DDM ran on. No bumping your own promo thread. No posting multiple threads for the same event. This way, if there is *real* interest for the party, it can be seen because of other people posting in it.

Guest pod

I'd love to do that, personally. What say you, board community?

No bumping of threads, and no repeat threads for events?

Guest vaughan

You know I was looking to the Miami Board today and this statement is so true. I feel the Miami Board has become tremendously spammed by promoters trying to promote or bump their parties.

They have even gone out of their way of reposting their party more than once. Even having different people affiliated with their party post about their event in a different thread.

I am all for promoting an event but sometimes its just too much. You can obviously "BUMP"' date=' your event all you want even if your the only one bumping it. But when your constantly starting a thread or even posting the flyer of the event in different threads throughout the board it has becomed irrelevant that your trying too much and all your doing is spamming the Miami Board.

Just look at this for prime examples...

[url']http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=28615

and

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=26919

Same events but 2 threads were made and this happens time after time but nothing is ever done.

It has overwhelmed the Miami Board so much that suddenly it isn't "Nightlife for all you Junkies based in Miami". But instead the Board has become an event or promoter board or what I call it a spamming board. I think there should be either a new section for just events only to seperate the spam from everything else.

I dont know how this hasn't come to the attention of the so-called Moderators, it such a no brainer and it would make everything else work more smoothly.

Sorry for my rant and if it has affected anyone's feelings but just stating a fact as long time member of cooljunkie.

Well said... and also as a long-time CJ member(2003) and promotional spammer... I couldn't agree more...

Guest vaughan

Level...

Takes a lot more to hurt my feelings seeing how BOTH "examples" were mine... I think I had a third in there somewhere else, it has been a while...

I unfortunately don't have time to waste to dig up all your useless posts...

At some point, I actually agree with you... I think that people that have little or no contribution to this community(board), shouldn't be spamming...

I am one of the "eldest" members of this board in terms of how long I have been a member. I have been extremely active on this board and have done more than my fair share of "nightlife gossip". I also contribute my blood, sweat and tears(a/k/a money) to enrich the Miami Nightlife by producing my parties with other members of this board... I do business with SEVERAL people I met on this board... And don't need YOU, of ALL people, to start some shit... What have YOU done for the "EDM" or Nightlife community you are so quick to defend??? And so what you don't like house music... I don't particularly care for trance, but you don't hear me crying about people spamming for Armin Van Buren or Tiesto do you... to each there own... my advice is to reply to my thread so I don't have to bump it! LOL!

Guest vaughan

i <3 lust4house

And Lust4house loves Lolahotass!!! ;D

And it is only PC of me to come BUMP this thread! Ohhh the irony!

Guest coach

richardsimmons.jpg

im so emotional right now .. at all the love on this board

:P

WTF is that a pic of? Never understood why such an out of shape guy became so popular.

Maybe because most people are out of shape?

richardsimmons.jpg

im so emotional right now .. at all the love on this board

:P

WTF is that a pic of? Never understood why such an out of shape guy became so popular.

Maybe because most people are out of shape?

You gotta any proof to back that up?