Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Official Review of James Holden and Monk @ Pawn Shop(WITH PICS)

Bling

the set was definitely out there. Unique, thought it was cool. Not everyone was feeling it, but those that were on the dancefloor were diehard proggers. There going to be a big name DJ act @ Pawn Shop every friday now???

No, it's not worth them booking the big djs... You'll see a few from time to time, but overall, the numbers don't make sense to book djs these days.

what????

dude the place was PACKED.

packed doesn't equate financial sense. Holden wasn paid for by the womb not the PS, but Behrouz was. So lets say Behourz was 5 grand, which included, booking fee, hotel, flight, add in an extra 1000 for marketing. You are up to 6000.

That is an extra 600 people at ten bucks a head.

Or

300 people at 20 bucks a head

or

300 people at ten bucks a head and avg spending of ten bucks at the bar each. (The space avg was around 20 bucks a person at the bar, they are open much much much longer)

You can make the same money by not booking djs, then why risk booking a big jock? Say it rains or storms really bad, then what? You are fucked! Plus, once you book big guys, you are forced to keep doing it. PS needs to get it's jocks at 2k for it to make sense, which I believe soon they will be able to, since jocks are desparate and this is Miami, they'll take the pay cut.

Guest james stratus

Pre-sale tickets plus cover charge went from $15-$30. The place was packed and there was no Hip Hop or rock. The bars did well and like I previously posted drink prices varied by a $1 at each bar. PS made money and I'm pretty sure the Womb covered their costs since they probably didn't pay full price (whatever that is) for Holden.

This event was successful but I don't see PS booking big names in coming time. I have seen only one offs on Fridays since Shawn has gotten in there and am betting Shawn has given up on PS.

Guest r3nz0

Vibes were great!

Music SUCKED ASS!!..

c'mon Miami..is this the best you got?

If so....time to relocate.

and I'm just speaking the truth, I had to consistently go outside, the patio was the only place with some energy..

otherwise, looked like a bunch of "followers" swayin to the life sucking beats..

Otherwise, aside from the most important thing being a dissapointment, well, Luis had the heart to throw down a few quality tracks, with atleast some emotion and energy.

I don't understand the state of things here, seems like a bunch of sheep just droning to this mindless, dull, and boring music..

BAA BAA BAA

atleast some good people made for the night!

Respect to Wes and the Womb Crew!

They are always pure class..

Til next time

(or not)

Maybe ya'll can check my next party..be rest assured...you won't need pills..

just thrills!!

Peace

Let me give you some advice. If you're promoting a party for Rain, do not call your potential clientele, the Miami clubbers, followers. That's baaaaaaad promotion for yourself. Since when are people sheep for going to hear something different? Give me a break.

I was there and I thought Holden was Holden. He was good. Yes, I have heard better from him and I would have liked to hear some more techno, but nevertheless, what he played is his sound. And I respect him for playing what he believes in. Shit, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but putting down people's musical tastes is dumber than the girl I just dropped off. Actually, I'm not too sure about that. She was pretty dumb.

Guest Seb

All I want to say is thank you to the person that brought Holden.

I was very happy.

so no review? Come on man :P

Guest Chica

I OFFICIALLY HATE Pawn Shop...... what is the big deal with this place? my first time last Sat and i have to say is one of the cheesiest place I've been to lol, I thought I was going to enter wonderland when the ppl at the door were giving other ppl a hard time and some gay dude gave me "the hand" when i asked where the VIP line was, I almost slap that MOFO after i told him a few things lol the music SUCKED big time, the mixes where HORRIBLE! whatever i just wont go anymore unless someone i really REALLY like is playing there....well this is my opinion ;)

sucks to hear that.. i happen to love the venue.. sound system is horrid though.. nver been on a sat...

is it juan mejia on sat still? if so im surprised that the mixing is off hes usally very very good.

the door guy i have a feeling who it is ;) im sure he was very busy cuz the "gay" door guy is very cool ..

sorry u had a bad time

Guest Chica

i think that mejia guy was playin, he was driving me crazy with his random mixes anyway, i think there is 2 gay guys one was cool but the one on the line on the right was the one that did it lol too funny

Guest ramon

All I want to say is thank you to the person that brought Holden.

I was very happy.

I thank them as well. :)

I talked to james the next day in detroit and he said he met some cool people.

Hope to see him back here sooon!

AT THE CONTROLS out soon on Thrive (US)