Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok my socccer freaks.....

Guest tiltmiami

Guest tiltmiami

Its here Friday is opening day...

Who is taking it home?

I know I posted this thread before but since the last time things had changed a lot and Teams had change.....

So now who do u think is going to win?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major

It's very difficult to say who will win at this stage,but i think England and Brazil are the favourites.

Naturally i would like to see England win, our squad is widely regarded as the best England have had since lifting the world cup in 1966. Just look at the team - Gerrard,Terry,Lampard,Owen,Cole,Ferdinand and providing Rooney pulls through with his injury we have a fantastic chance of lifting the trophy.

Brazil have the best record of any nation. Led by the best footballer in the world, Ronaldinho alongside Ronaldo,Kaka,Robinho and Addriano this could be their sixth.

Argentina is a very balanced team that will go far with Lionel Messi on their side they could go all the way.

Holland is a very good team but also very young.

The Czech Republic had a very good European Championship.

Mexico also had an exceptional year.

Italy has a lot of great talent but will need Paolo Rossi to save them from elimination.

Germany can only hope to escape the group phase even with home advantage. They had a very shakey series of matches this spring. Including a 1-4 loss to Italy.

Ivory Coast is the one to watch for they could very well upset Argentina.

Portugal?? France??

The 'dream final' for me would be between England and Brazil,and England takes the world cup home.

Of course,if the last world cup is anything to go by,none of this will happen,and Ivory Coast will probably win the trophy.

Critics please save your pot shots,this is just my personal prediction and not meant to offend anyone,contribute your predictions and thoughts if you so desire.

Like everyone around the globe,i'm looking forward to watching some world class football.

Here we come FIFA WORLD CUP GERMANY 2006!!!

Guest sross

I can't see England winning as we are completely inept at penalty shoot outs (or indeed any penalty). Brazil are the best team in the world at the moment - if any one wants to beat them they will have to score at least 2 or 3 goals against them because Brazil always look like scoring at least that number against any opposition.

Repeat of 1994 finals, Italy-Brazil, but its hard to say, there is so many good teams, I would have to agree with major on everything he said except I don't see England in finals with or especially without Rooney, no offense, just my opinion :D. They do have a good team but I don't see them going all the way.

I don't think Holland has that much of a chance either, I think Van Basten made few mistakes on his squad, his team is way to young for a World Cup if you ask me, he didn't invite Davids, Seedorf, Maakay, only playes with experience are basically Van Nistelrooy and goalkeeper Van Der Sar. I was also suprised not to see Veron, Zanetti especially and few others on Argentina's team which made me think that my team, Serbia, has a shot at making it to the second round but now with atmosfere in Serbian's team that will be sooooo hard, players are getting into conflicts, injuring each other at practice, just other day Manchester's defender Vidis injured Kezman but it looks that he will be good to go against Holland. Serbia also has striker Zigis who is 202 cm tall and tallest defender in Holland is 185 cm, Argentina 184 cm and Ivory Coast 186 which gives Zigic a chance for headers :). Serbia only conceded one goal in qualifiers. Group C and E are definetelly toughest group.

I like Portugals and Chech's chance's, one of them will maybe make it to semifinals with Italy, Brazil and Argentina. France, England, Sweden, Germany (beauce of home court), Mexico are good teams and I think we will see some of them in quarterfinals. South American team has never won a World Cup in Europe which might change this World Cup. This is just my opinion, like major said "Critics please save your pot shots,this is just my personal prediction and not meant to offend anyone" :)

I could go on and on about football/soccer but I wont, we will see what happens, I can't wait for it to start :).

Here is schedule, ABC, ESPN 1 and 2 will broadcast every game.

http://media.espn.com/ESPNToday/2006/Mar_06/cup_sked.htm

Guest tiltmiami

Well Brazil was called the most valuable team this year.... With Kaka, Ronaldinho, Adriano , Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos the come tto all total of $430 MIL EUROS......

Now that is the most expensive team in Brazilian History, And not only that but Ronaldinho is just tooo fucking good.....

Well Brazil was called the most valuable team this year.... With Kaka, Ronaldinho, Adriano , Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos the come tto all total of $430 MIL EUROS......

Now that is the most expensive team in Brazilian History, And not only that but Ronaldinho is just tooo fucking good.....

Ronaldinho played like shit at Champions League Finals, hopefully he wont "choke" again in the "big game" but yes he has been the best player last few years, no doubt about that.

watching paint dry....

No rumors on this one? Parantula is not playing on opening ceromony or something? WOW. You remind me very much of a female or I should say transsexual, you don't like football/soccer like a lot of females and you bitch and spread more rumors than any other female. Are you sure you were not a woman in your "club legend days" ??

Guest tiltmiami

watching paint dry....

No rumors on this one? Parantula is not playing on opening ceromony or something? WOW. You remind me very much of a female or I should say transsexual, you don't like football/soccer like a lot of females and you bitch and spread more rumors than any other female. Are you sure you were not a woman in your "club legend days" ??

ROFL

Guest Major

Serbia have a brilliant qualifying record winning thier group. Great defensive team,Kezman and Krstajic will have to play their best to get them through to the second round.

Good luck in the group of death!!

Rooney is our jewel in the crown ;)

Guest mursa

in almost 72 hours we will see ...........all i know is that there could be some surprizes and for some reason im begining to feel that Brazil can Choke if they let the "favorite theory" get to their heads ...

..if Portugal play with humility and if Cristiano Ronaldo and Deco have a really good tournament...Portugal can go very far ....

we shall see !

Viva Portugal caralho ! 8)

Guest sross

Serbia also has striker Zigis who is 202 cm tall

Likewise our very own Peter Crouch:

A051008_P09_CROUCH,_OWEN_V.JPG

So bad that he is actually quite good.

Yeah, he just scored hattrick against Jamaica. Did you see his celebration? I bet he listens to techno/house music :)

P.S England's group is way too easy, it would really be emarassing if they don't go through which I don't see happening, they should be in quarterfinals at least.

Guest Major

Yeah, he just scored hattrick against Jamaica. Did you see his celebration? I bet he listens to techno/house music :)

I almost forgot to mention 'Crouchy' he also scored against Hungary and Uruguay in friendlies. He will play a significant role alongside Owen.

deff looking forward to this, can't wait!

Ordering Fox Soccer on Cable tonight along with a DVR box to capture all those awesome moments.

Check out the official jersey 2006 socer world cup shop for your favorite team:

http://www.foxsoccershop.com/

Along with...

Brazil National Soccer Team - The Brazilian national soccer team is the most successful national teams with five FIFA World Cup victories including the tournament in 2002. Get your Brazilian soccer gear including the Brazil soccer jersey at Fox Soccer Shop in the USA. Learn more about the Brazil National Team.

http://www.foxsoccershop.com/shop-by-team-brazil-national-team.html

8)

Guest LeVeL

Its too soon to tell but right now the Hottest Team in the world are the Italians with 16 Game winning streak going into the World Cup. And just like in the past World Cups you can never count the Italians out.

The team I am going for is Argentina who like the Brazilains dont have it so easy in the first round. The Brazilians wont see a challenge till probably the 2nd Round as far as Argentina is concerned they are "en la division de la Muerte", which is not fair when "Pele" was the one picking up the ping pong balls to set up the match ups .

But you definetely have too look out for the Czech Republic and Holland who last week faced Mexico and Hollands 2nd Team beat Mexico's 1st team big time.

Guest tiltmiami

Its too soon to tell but right now the Hottest Team in the world are the Italians with 16 Game winning streak going into the World Cup. And just like in the past World Cups you can never count the Italians out.

The team I am going for is Argentina who like the Brazilains dont have it so easy in the first round. The Brazilians wont see a challenge till probably the 2nd Round as far as Argentina is concerned they are "en la division de la Muerte"' date=' which is not fair when "Pele" was the one picking up the ping pong balls to set up the match ups .

But you definetely have too look out for the Czech Republic and Holland who last week faced Mexico and Hollands 2nd Team beat Mexico's 1st team big time.

[/quote']

Stop with excuses and accept the fact that Argentima SUCKS......

brazil_logo.gif

Now.... How many stars do we have?

Ok! maybe and I am praying to God that we play Argentina on the finals so we can set this for once and for all that we are BETTER than you guys

Guest tiltmiami

How ever USA may be a big Surprise

Maybe if they were in an easier group, I don't see them making it to second round. Italy and Czech are better teams.

Thats the beauty of soccer..... U never know