Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who are favored in the world cup......

Guest ANARCHYP

Guest musicalmissionary

All you guys stop bitching,all teams have had players do dive and cheat or whatever you want to call it.I think the teams that did not intend to cheat or dive are the african teams and look at where they are now.I'm not saying diving and cheating is the answer but it has been a part of futbol for the longest and it will continue to be so.It is up to the ref to see it and make the right decision.Henry,Ballack,Terry,Lampard,C.Ronaldo,Tevez,Ronaldo, etc etc are just to name of few i've seen take dives or fake a supposed injury to get the opposing player carded or ejected.

One thing is the standard "go down after any contact" and another is blatantly grabbing a body part that wasn't even touched. The latter should be punishable by a one-game suspension if caught in a post-game video review. If players knew that their every move could be scrutinized in a post-game video review and blatant cheating (like Henry's) could get them suspended I guarantee you they would clean their shit up and just PLAY THE GAME.

They do review tapes, players get fined and suspended quite often. Rivaldo was fined $12'000.00 last world cup for holding his face when the ball hit his thigh,match against turkey

That's missing the point. A possible suspension for cheating is a much better deterrent than a fine. Can you cite me an instance when a player was suspended for cheating? I guarantee plays like Henry's would totally disappear if players knew they could be suspended for them. Especially in the World Cup where nobody wants to miss a game.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest football ?? ::)..............stepping on peoples nuts(rooney) is honest football huh

@ LMAO at leo ! ..

can't wait for Rooney to knock the shit out of Ronaldo when they go back for pre-season training,that's if Man U let him come back.

No need for that /....ronaldo himself wants to leave manchester............wants to go to real madrid ....just like beckham did .

Nothing is going to happen, both Rooney and Ronaldo have made up

rooneyronaldo6vg.jpg

(got from a another board)

;)

Guest mursa

...you gotta score goals to win , but c'est le futebol .........

Im still proud ! Viva Portugal !

Guest LeVeL

What a BS call that they gave Henry in the first half which gave the Protugal defender a yellow card which allowed the penalty kick by Zidane. That foul that was commited on Henry did not deserve a yellow card, it was truely uncalled for, this game once again proves that atleast 50% of the games played during the World Cup have not been decided in the field instead they been decided by the Refs.

It just bullshit that France got to win a Game that was utterly dominated by Portugal, the Portuguese outclassed, outplayed,outshoot and defended the French better then the French did Portugal, a game totally dominated by Portugal, its sad to see them lose when they were clearly the better team.

I am not even a Portugal Fan but they outplayed the French.

Awwww, Ronaldo crying at the end. Is there a more beautiful sight in football? ;D

??? I don't know, maybe this one ?

xin_40080224092181126871.jpg

Guest mursa

What a BS call that they gave Henry in the first half which gave the Protugal defender a yellow card which allowed the penalty kick by Zidane. That foul that was commited on Henry did not deserve a yellow card' date=' it was truely uncalled for, this game once again proves that atleast 50% of the games played during the World Cup have not been decided in the field instead they been decided by the Refs.

It just bullshit that France got to win a Game that was utterly dominated by Portugal, the Portuguese outclassed, outplayed,outshoot and defended the French better then the French did Portugal, a game totally dominated by Portugal, its sad to see them lose when they were clearly the better team.

I am not even a Portugal Fan but they outplayed the French.

[/quote']

Thats true ...........but you gotta take the game the way it is ..cruel and at time unjust......just like you win (holland) some , you lose some aswell (france).

Guest Major

Awwww, Ronaldo crying at the end. Is there a more beautiful sight in football? ;D

I fuckin luv it!!! I'm so happy i could cry ;D

Guest musicalmissionary

I must say this... "The Beautiful Game" my ass. I will always love football but the amount of blatant cheating and referee-bias I've witnessed this World Cup has demoted football's status as "The Beautiful Game". In my opinion... that title goes to tennis.

Guest musicalmissionary

Yes I'm still bitter...

"The sight of Thierry Henry falling to the ground as if a crowbar had been smashed into his face, late in France's compelling second round tie with Spain, after colliding chest-to-shoulder with the substantial frame of Carlos Puyol, was as unedifying as it was unwelcome in a World Cup that had bristled with possibilities and promised to be a classic

After Arsenal's Champions League final defeat to Puyol's Barcelona in May this year, an enraged and emotional Henry had proclaimed, sarcastically it seemed at the time, that, next time he probably ought to 'learn how to dive. But I am not a woman.'

Now either he has managed to conceal from the world's press some very delicate surgery or something has changed in his philosophy.

A justifiably bewildered Puyol was booked for the 'assault'. The free kick produced the winning goal."

puyolfhjenr_al275.jpg"

Fuck Henry and his flaming Frenchmen. GO ITALY!!!!! (even though I expect France to win since Zidane going out on top is surely a more dramatic ending for the game-fixers up at FIFA)

Guest Cosmigonon

All you guys stop bitching,all teams have had players do dive and cheat or whatever you want to call it.I think the teams that did not intend to cheat or dive are the african teams and look at where they are now.I'm not saying diving and cheating is the answer but it has been a part of futbol for the longest and it will continue to be so.It is up to the ref to see it and make the right decision.Henry,Ballack,Terry,Lampard,C.Ronaldo,Tevez,Ronaldo, etc etc are just to name of few i've seen take dives or fake a supposed injury to get the opposing player carded or ejected.

One thing is the standard "go down after any contact" and another is blatantly grabbing a body part that wasn't even touched. The latter should be punishable by a one-game suspension if caught in a post-game video review. If players knew that their every move could be scrutinized in a post-game video review and blatant cheating (like Henry's) could get them suspended I guarantee you they would clean their shit up and just PLAY THE GAME.

They do review tapes, players get fined and suspended quite often. Rivaldo was fined $12'000.00 last world cup for holding his face when the ball hit his thigh,match against turkey

That's missing the point. A possible suspension for cheating is a much better deterrent than a fine. Can you cite me an instance when a player was suspended for cheating? I guarantee plays like Henry's would totally disappear if players knew they could be suspended for them. Especially in the World Cup where nobody wants to miss a game.

I coulnd't agree more.

Guest DrFired

Dam even Gaie is rooting for Italia. :o

Out of all teams I would have never thought Italia to reach the finals.Yes,their defense is unbelievable only allowing one gol against and they scored on themselves.

Dawg I was there for 3 weeks, I got a little Italian blood in me! ;)

Guest spinderella7713

After these two teams played such miserably boring games the whole cup I cant believe they come out in the end!!!zzzzzzzzzzzz....Im Italian so I'll take there side but they dont deserve it!!! Germany and Mexico had the most heart !!!!!

Guest Justin Johnson

After these two teams played such miserably boring games the whole cup I cant believe they come out in the end!!!zzzzzzzzzzzz....Im Italian so I'll take there side but they dont deserve it!!! Germany and Mexico had the most heart !!!!!

Viva Mexico!!!! ;)

Guest Major

rooneyronaldo6vg.jpg

Pre-season training for Man United's new Fluffer. His job is simple, get the boys ready before they shoot.

Guest Cosmigonon

rooneyronaldo6vg.jpg

Pre-season training for Man United's new Fluffer. His job is simple, get the boys ready before they shoot.

Pardodn my ignorance, but what happened between Rooney and Ronaldo??? ???

Guest Cosmigonon

*Sorry, I know I posted this in junkie chat, but I just had to do it again... ;D

Probably the most unbelievable victory I've ever seen, even more than the '99 Champions League final... :o

5757674_7_2.jpg

Fabio Grosso of Italy (not pictured) scores his team's first goal in extra time past the dive of Jens Lehmann of Germany.

5757676_7_2.jpg

Italian defender Fabio Grosso celebrates with Italian midfielder Andrea Pirlo after scoring the first goal for his team

5757678_7_3.jpg

Italian forward Alessandro Del Piero scores Italy's second goal.

5757702_7_2.jpg

German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann goes down after giving up a goal.

5757726_7_2.jpg

David Odonkor of Germany is consoled by teammate Marcell Jansen following their team's defeat.

5757728_7_2.jpg

Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and Italian defender Fabio Cannavaro celebrate their victory

5756834_7_2.jpg

Stunned Germany fans react after watching their team lose to Italy.

5757730_7_2.jpg

Weeping Germany fans console one another after watching their team lose to Italy.