Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs or Lounges in San Francisco?

Guest Clubhopper11

Guest Clubhopper11

Hello everyone. I need your help. My wife and I are travelling to San Francisco in two weeks and we were wondering if you all know of any clubs or lounges that you may recommend.

Info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Guest guyman1966

liquid is pretty good and mezzanine is a big hard core dance club

Look! How cute!!!

EuroTrash boy is an expert on where to go in fudgepacker town.

Hey Clubhopper - don't drop your keys in any club he sends you to.

Guest ANARCHYP

liquid is pretty good and mezzanine is a big hard core dance club

Look! How cute!!!

EuroTrash boy is an expert on where to go in fudgepacker town.

Hey Clubhopper - don't drop your keys in any club he sends you to.

you again...never miss a beat...very impressive

Guest swirlundergrounder

I've hear of Ruby Sky or something like that...DJ Dan used to spin there.

Yeah.. Ruby Skye is the bomb. Check out the 'End Up' on Sunday mornings-afternoons only. The Star light lounge in the Mission District is nice also.

1015 is hit and miss depending on what's going on there.

Be on the look out for any 'Wet' or Second Sunday parties which are really good for house music. They move around from location to location but if you drop in on a local record shop you can get info...

Go to Tweekin records on lower Haight Street or Housewares up on upper Haight Street for more info..

SF is a great city. I'm jealous you're going!

There's some cool stuff in Berkley also. Don't count it out just becasue it's a college town. It's one of the more hip college towns in the U.S

And don't waste your money renting a car. The public transportation system in S.F is great. You'll just waste your money on parking which there is none in the city!

Take cabs and take the BART unless you are planning to go outside of the city..

If you want to go to Berkley it's just a 15 Min BART ride across the bay.

If you do get a car make sure you have cash on you for tolls. They are everywhere down there..

Guest Clubhopper11

Thank you for the responses and, don't worry, I won't be dropping my keys at any club. LOL.

If there are any more recommendations, that will be great.

Thanks a lot guys!!!!

;)

Guest skywalker01

danny howells @ ruby skye on july 2. do not miss if you are there. 1015 folsom was great when i was there. don't know if they still do the 'release' party there, but that was a crazy time. have fun and get to sausilito for one of the best views of san fran.

Guest swirlundergrounder

danny howells @ ruby skye on july 2. do not miss if you are there. 1015 folsom was great when i was there. don't know if they still do the 'release' party there, but that was a crazy time. have fun and get to sausilito for one of the best views of san fran.

Last time I was at Release (like 4 years ago) Anthony Pappa was playing..SICK SICK SICK...!

Guest AlanS

danny howells @ ruby skye on july 2. do not miss if you are there. 1015 folsom was great when i was there. don't know if they still do the 'release' party there' date=' but that was a crazy time. have fun and get to sausilito for one of the best views of san fran.

[/quote']Last time I was at Release (like 4 years ago) Anthony Pappa was playing..SICK SICK SICK...!

Release parties are still going.. they had Ben Watt when I was out there this past Oct.

Guest sfgrl

Hey Guys,

Since I am a former SF girl, here are some cool joints to check out:

Ruby Skye usually brings in the big named talent (www.rubyskye.com)

1015 is all trance (I would not recommend this place anymore. Has gone completely down hill)

End Up on Sunday morning if you want to be tweekin with the rest of the crew.

On June 30th (the day before we get to see Behrouz here in Miami) at Pink, Behrouz will be playing for a cool house party called Base (http://www.baseitaly.com/)

Other than that, there are some cool bars in the Mission district as well as top notch food (cool Peruvian restaurant and Mexican restaurants in the Mission)

Have Fun :)

Guest swirlundergrounder

End Up on Sunday morning if you want to be tweekin with the rest of the crew.

HEY DON'T KNOW THE TWEEK!! :P :P

Nothing beats getting startled when someone trys to accidentally exit out the back door on the patio at the End UP and that loud alarm go's off!! LOL

Yeah I can't see 1015 going off for this long anymore...

Did the old VSF open back up?

Guest kcariaga

Seb and I went to Cafe Cocomo this past Memorial Day and heard Fiasco. The venue is really cool and there was a great crowd. I am not sure if there are usually house events there or if Stompy just threw a party there for the holiday. In any case, we loved this place!!!!

Guest kcariaga

Also, I know you did not say anything about restaurants, but you have to go to Betelnut Pejiu Wu. It is a really awesome Chinese restaurant. The food is amazing!!!! ;D ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about restaurants so thanks for the info. ;)

If you like Italian go to the 'Stinking Rose' in North Beach. BTW if you like Pizza and you're close, North Beach Pizza is the bomb!!

Guest Seb

Also, I know you did not say anything about restaurants, but you have to go to Betelnut Pejiu Wu. It is a really awesome Chinese restaurant. The food is amazing!!!! ;D ;D

I second that :-*