• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rhythmburn

Who opened? Was there alot of people?

curious minds want to know....

i found it an interesting booking...

Its Ft Lauderdale, where people are free to come and go as they please.

The top hour at any club in Lauderdale is 1am. If the room isnt rockin at 1 then your crowd is going to wander.

Well, last night the opener Dave Rudd (or something like that) was the opener and even though his set got better at 1 it was still rather boring and the crowd came...then they left. I cant speak for anything that happened after that cause I left at 230.

I really wanted to see Josh so I was disappointed that it took so long for him to come on the decks. I realize he has been and still is sick (and no, Saleen, its not drug or alcohol related) but when he showed up at one he should have jumped on. Just my opinion. :(

Guest Devilicious

I thought the opener was ok, it was predictably cheese but I have heard worse, way worse.

Wink was all over the place at the beginning of his set (I was told he was trying to feel the crowd out, which I understand, but it still made for an incoherent set)

He played a couple of tracks I hate and a couple I love...

The second half of his set I thought he found a nice grove, too bad the club was empty by then

Voodoo is a cool venue, but the crowd sucks. [minus my peeps: lex, alki, c & d, ddg & jamie, ramon, my tall boyz... we made it bearable] There was an old fat guy wearing a shower cap and towel with a scrub brush, dressed in theme for the "pajama party" come to think of it was that you saleen??

There were glow sticks hanging from the cieling and instead of hot girls dancing on the blocks they had shirtless men whose upper bodies were airbrush painted and wore pink pj pants... overall the decor was just so tacky.

They get props for the bathroom situation, clean and never a wait. Drinks were strong and more reasonably priced than sobe. Had a bit of an issue at the door but they were far nicer than they are here.

major gets a great big

:-* :-* :-*

Guest ramon

thanks major.

hilight of the night was hearing baby kate on that soundsystem. there's hope for us yet. people were seriously diggin this record. ;)

intresting crowd to say the least. lot's of ass as the saleen would say.

josh summed up the night by starting with peace division's 'club therapy'.

hope everyone enjoyed their cookies!

Guest ddg

it was great seeing everyone.......being sober and the crappy tunes early on and the fact that josh went on so late kinda bummed me out, so we decided to jet around 2:30 i think...crowd sux there (but we all knew that)...anyways...theres always next time...