Clubplanet Nightlife Community

live sets??

240turbo

Guest swirlundergrounder

I got some old one of a kind mixes from both Farina and Doc Martin but they are all on cassette. I don't have a tape player anymore. If someone loaned me a tape player with RCA outputs I could get these mixes online...

One of the tapes I have is Doc martin 'Live At Unlock The House'!! Only about 1000 of these tapes existed back in the day. I doubt most of them even made it this long. Sick set!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Send me your tapes and i'll give you back MP3's, CD's, etc.

Send me your tape player and I'll dump the sets into Protools and give you back MP3's, CD's etc.. :P

Guest Philip

Send me your tapes and i'll give you back MP3's' date=' CD's, etc.

[/quote']Send me your tape player and I'll dump the sets into Protools and give you back MP3's, CD's etc.. :P

It's cheaper to send tapes :P

Guest Philip

But seriously - if your interested you can borrow my tape player. It's a professional grade Sony. I have pro-audio software but i'm really not into Farina or Martin. I would just procrastinate recording and end-up keeping your valuable tapes in progress.

Guest swirlundergrounder

But seriously - if your interested you can borrow my tape player. It's a professional grade Sony. I have pro-audio software but i'm really not into Farina or Martin. I would just procrastinate recording and end-up keeping your valuable tapes in progress.

I'm actually temped to go on eBay and buy a tape player. I have about 2 shoe boxes full of old mix tapes that would be great to hear again. Old one of a kind shit...

I got some old one of a kind mixes from both Farina and Doc Martin but they are all on cassette. I don't have a tape player anymore. If someone loaned me a tape player with RCA outputs I could get these mixes online...

One of the tapes I have is Doc martin 'Live At Unlock The House'!! Only about 1000 of these tapes existed back in the day. I doubt most of them even made it this long. Sick set!!

Cool man. If you happen to get them on mp3. Please Share!!!

Guest Philip

Here ya go Rick' date=' I know you'll like this..

Miguel Migs live @ Jack Fridays 17-2-17-06

[url']http://www.sendspace.com/file/i66klw

???? I'm shocked!!! You actually have a deep house set? Holy Fuck! ???

Is Migs still considered deep house? I bought his 'Get Salted' comp and was surprised with all the flutes and trumpets. From what I understand his switch from Naked Music to the Om label marked the end of that era. The comp sounded more like what Bling refers to as jackn' house. Deep house is the rhodes piano stuff that sounds like soul. Maybe it was just that particular comp that he had that sound - I dunno. I do know I want the Naked Music Miguel back though. Maybe Lisa Shaw and him felt they milked that cow for all it was worth and moved on. Maybe I just dont know what deep house is... :P

Here ya go Rick, I know you'll like this..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i66klw

Is Migs still considered deep house? I bought his 'Get Salted' comp and was surprised with all the flutes and trumpets. From what I understand his switch from Naked Music to the Om label marked the end of that era. The comp sounded more like what Bling refers to as jackn' house. Deep house is the rhodes piano stuff that sounds like soul. Maybe it was just that particular comp that he had that sound - I dunno. I do know I want the Naked Music Miguel back though. Maybe Lisa Shaw and him felt they milked that cow for all it was worth and moved on. Maybe I just dont know what deep house is... :P

There are different types of deep house man. Miguel migs plays deep house

Guest lyrik

Ya Migs has definitely moved away from "deeper" house sounds...I refer to his style as groovy house...its neither too jackin' nor too deep...but silky groovy- music seems to just blend evenly throughout his selection...that live@jack set is one his best I have heard in a while...the get salted comp. is pretty good....I have a few tracks I play here and there from that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Five-Spice

Yessss Miguel!

I think that the drops on "Feel It" (Deeper Mood Mix) have to be the sweetest in all deep house :) .