Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got a bone to pick..

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

Whats up with parking lots around Metropolis,Nocturnal,Space, and Pawn Shop they are constantly guaging their prices throughout the night on weekends.

It is just ridiculous when you have to pay $20.00 at a parking lot in downtown in a notorious dark and dangerous part of town. I have never paid this much for parking in my life even after all these years of going clubbing to downtown this has to be the baddest it has ever been. They dont even charge this much in South Beach where there is more entertainment for the consumer.

Throughout the night the peopel in the parking lots change their prices if you go clubbing at 1am you will pay $25. If you go clubbing at 3am you will pay $20, if you go clubbing at 5am you will pay $15. Its just ridiculous that you dont get a set price for parking around these neck of the woods and its getting out of control especially when the clubs or the city doesn't care what is being done. I think its really expensive when you have to pay that much to go clubbing in downtown.

Guest pod

That's about par for the course in New York. 20 if you're lucky.

It was 10 this past weekend at the lot where the old Space was, though.

The companies keep track of the events going on and adjust accordingly. This weekend it will be 20 at most lots because of PvD and RS.

If anything I would hope it encourages people to carpool to the clubs or use taxis and transit if possible.

Guest swirlundergrounder

A couple of years ago when DT was playing at Space they charged $25 (special event parking)..LOL

Yeah in some places in NYC it's $20 for 1 hour...!!

Guest LeVeL

Come on Guys we all know this is not NYC and people need their cars to get to places more than they need it in NYC.

I looked everywhere and there was nothing less than $20.00 this past Saturday. Its just a freaking rip off to pay that much, during WMC lots were even charging $35 to $30 to park I dont think its feasable.

Guest pod

Strange...I was in the area at 2 AM, and the old Space lot was $10.

Like you said though, they change it up a lot.

Guest spinderella7713

I agree...this past weekend I was wondering how I get into the club for free but I still end up paying $20 in the lot....and parking @ a meter would be a normal ones thought...but in that area....you are almost 98% sure to get ur car broken into!!! it sucks.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Come on Guys we all know this is not NYC and people need their cars to get to places more than they need it in NYC.

I looked everywhere and there was nothing less than $20.00 this past Saturday. Its just a freaking rip off to pay that much' date=' during WMC lots were even charging $35 to $30 to park I dont think its feasable.

[/quote']Well they know that there is no where else to park around there so they can do what they want.. You're better off taking a cab from the beach

It's just like everything in Miami...prices will continue to rise because people don't give a shit and they will pay. When lots stay empty, prices will drop...when people stop buying property, prices will cease...when people stop paying 15 bucks for a drink...well you get the picture.

It's our own fault!

Guest Willie Morales

I drove around a few times saturday and caught the old space lot as they were changing the price down to $15... everywhere else was $20

Guest addictedtospace

I usualy try and talk them down in price, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't..

In nyc it's atlest 30 bucks to park your car, I remember outside of Exit it was 50..

Some of those business exes pay 100 bucks a day to park their car...

Actually what they need to do is open more of the parking lots under the bridge. They are 10.00 for parking and 5.00 for a bum to spit clean your rims. Instead of hoggin them up for Valet that are closed by 6am and never fill up.

I think there is a simple solution to the parking problem, just don't go and that is exactly what I do...

LP is getting pushed around down there and it's only going to get worse. In years past he'd put a hit out for the parking lots owner, but these days he's relagated to talking about his feelings and the good old days...

Only Lp can fix it, and right now he's loosing the battle. The condos are only going to make it worse.

Guest LeVeL

I been going to Space since 2002 and never were parking prices this high, I remember the highest I ever paid was $15.00 and you still had your options of getting it cheaper if you parked a block away.

Its really something how much they are charging and gauging the prices by the hour and it isn't like your car is being taken care off by security, the parking lot is being taken care off by bums who make a buck during the night to smoke crack once the sun comes up.

The guys taking care of the lots really dont care, they just care that you parked your car in their lot and thats it. There been times I have left Space only to find no one in the parking lot taking care of the cars.

I'm glad that this topic was brought up .... nobody really complaints about the parking lot prices, issues etc ..

from my experience this is my advice to the regular clubbers:

1. DON'T EVER EVER leave your car by a meter unless is your real last option ..

2. give $2 or $3 dollars to a bum? ... ha! I say fuck them! .. the more u give to them .. the more they get use to that .... the only one I'll give anything to is "pops"

3. plan ahead .. if you know there's a special event or something then you know prices will go up, get there early

4. always ask for guestlists/passwords/hookups etc ... the freebie of getting in is making up for the $20 u r paying for parking ...

and a thought, I blame metropolis, ever since that place opened parking prices skyrocketed ...

Guest Marina22

I'm glad that this topic was brought up .... nobody really complaints about the parking lot prices, issues etc ..

2. give $2 or $3 dollars to a bum? ... ha! I say fuck them! .. the more u give to them .. the more they get use to that .... the only one I'll give anything to is "pops"

3. plan ahead .. if you know there's a special event or something then you know prices will go up, get there early

4. always ask for guestlists/passwords/hookups etc ... the freebie of getting in is making up for the $20 u r paying for parking ...

and a thought, I blame metropolis, ever since that place opened parking prices skyrocketed ...

Good tips. I never give bums anything esp. since they are going to buy crack with it. How do you avoid the parking lots where no one is really watching your car when you get out. I have never had that problem where no one is there but maybe it's because I haven't left late enough.

Guest addictedtospace

Your right Andrew about Metropolis. Who knew the Hialeah kids had so much flow to spend on parking. Oh yeah, Carpooling. ;D

Guest Devilicious

That's funny... I always park at a meter when I drive downtown. I've never had an issue. Then again, I always get there in the daytime.

Guest LeVeL

When I had a car, I parked at a meter, and never had a problem. I drove a hoopty though.

Well probably the bums thought the car belonged to one of them or the neighborhood..lol :P

Guest LeVeL

Whoever goes to the AAA for the "watch party" tonight let us know how much parking cost you.

General parking is available in the P2 parking garage for $5.00, with valet parking available for $10.00, while the supply lasts. Fans can enter the arena through Gates 1 and 2.

http://www.nba.com/heat/registration/white_hot_promotions_contests.html

Macboy why dont you go and root for a Team that the Knicks will never be..lol

Guest pod

Well probably the bums thought the car belonged to one of them or the neighborhood..lol :P

Most likely. One of them swore up and down I stole it from him.

Guest sarah4260

When I had a car, I parked at a meter, and never had a problem. I drove a hoopty though.

I've never had a problem parking at the meters behind Goldrush, but I know 4 people who's cars got broken into the weekend of Cedric's birthday. I'd much rather pay $20 to park in a lot then $200 to replace a window. But either way, the parking situation downtown sucks.