Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grade your Local DJ

Guest LeVeL

Who Has it, Who Doesn't ?  

1. 1. Who Has it, Who Doesn't ?

Guest LeVeL

Okay its time to pass the torch, Locals like Edgar V. , Ivano, Acosta, Oscar G, Ralph Falcon, Shawn Rudnick, Cedric Gervais, Roland and Bruno have all made their names in the local scene and have trascended into producing and touring the world.

But now its time for new blood to make its presence and I wanted to ask the rest of the junkies which of these local Dj's has it and which ones dont. Who will be the next Oscar G with a huge local following and residencies and who will be the next David Padilla.

Who you think will be the next local to emerge from this group, who has the better track selection, style and grace while on the decks, who connects more with the crowd, who has the endless potential to keep with the movement and ever ending changes in Electronic Dance Music.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

I put the guys that are most known, that play in the most recognized clubs, that you see their name in the flyers and events all the time.

Guest ANARCHYP

I put the guys that are most known' date=' that play in the most recognized clubs, that you see their name in the flyers and events all the time.

[/quote']

and what about their production skills?cause your name on the flyer does not mean that you will become # 1 in the world

Guest LeVeL

u forgot Patrick M he is from this new wave

No he's not...Patrick M been playing nightclubs locally for years, he already made his name Locally and he tours. He's not new blood, he's a recognizable Dj.

It's all about exposure. I picked Jimmy T because he's from the old school...McMillan fools, better recognize. 8)

And to be honest with you...unless house music gets a different style of marketing, in Miami, those huge followings are disappearing. From my observation there's more people following promoters than DJ's.

Hip Hop / Regeatton Rules! :P

Guest LeVeL

I should of never started this thread you always have people who want to mention Dj These Nuts ect.

Just wanted to start a conversation about the locals djs who are new blood and have a following. Hell the poll on cooljunkie only holds 8 and I tried my best to fit the people that I thought fitted that profile. I put the guys who have given their sweat and tears for the love of Djing. An through the hard work they have gotten booked more often and are emerging in our scene.

The guys that I posted have a following and promoters have taken notice of them and in my opinion they will sooner or later emerge as the headliners. The guys like Oscar G, Cedric, Roland, Patrick M, Bruno, Acosta, Edgar V raised the bar. But these guys wont be around forever sooner or later some of these guys will takeover.

There are a lot of local Dj's but it doesn't mean all of them will make it.

Guest sross

Okay its time to pass the torch' date=' Locals like Edgar V. , Ivano, Acosta, Oscar G, Ralph Falcon, Shawn Rudnick, Cedric Gervais, Roland and Bruno have all made their names in the local scene and have trascended into producing and touring the world.

[/quote']

Touring the world?

Guest pod

Yes, touring the world.

Edgar regularly is requested to open for Paul Van Dyk.

Ivano is from Switzerland and plays there, Italy, Ibiza, New York, LA and many other locations.

OG and Ralph have toured more than the above two put together and then some.

Acosta's never home anymore.

Shawn plays Ibiza every summer, and is a huge staple in South America.

Cedric is huge down there too, as well as over in the French Riviera.

Roland and Bruno travel somewhat, as well.

Guest lyrik

Dude' date=' I so wanna hear DJ Deez Nuts.

[/quote']

Dj Deez Nuts is playing a special Patio set on Sunday...lol

:P

WERD!

I heard its going to be a tag-team session with DJ Go Fuck yourself...the even have a super vip list...its unda...DJ go fuck yourself...they are gonna pump the mega-mix!

Guest pod

Move over Tiesto! :o

Just because they're Miami DJs, huh?

Touring DJs are cool only if they're from the UK or Europe, I guess.

How dare those colonial fools send their DJs to our hallowed shores!

Guest ramon

no love for Stryke what so ever or the rest of our crew.

Stryke plays out of the country more than he does locally .. wether it be The Carribean or Europe. Just ask the DR folks how much they like him.

Miguel Colmenares and Michael Louis are one of my favorite dj duo's. they play atleast once a month and always do a damn good job.

Armando Suarez also plays outside of the country. Wether it be Russia or Canada.

I didn't know you had to play house to be a dj around here anyone else gets overlooked it seems.

Wendel plays a variety of styles and is not even mentioned here.

I always stick up for my techno folks because it seems that most people are consitently left out of the conversation,

Guest rhythmburn

no love for Stryke what so ever or the rest of our crew.

Stryke plays out of the country more than he does locally .. wether it be The Carribean or Europe. Just ask the DR folks how much they like him.

Miguel Colmenares and Michael Louis are one of my favorite dj duo's. they play atleast once a month and always do a damn good job.

Armando Suarez also plays outside of the country. Wether it be Russia or Canada.

I didn't know you had to play house to be a dj around here anyone else gets overlooked it seems.

Wendel plays a variety of styles and is not even mentioned here.

I always stick up for my techno folks because it seems that most people are consitently left out of the conversation,

werd