Guest LeVeL

Who Has it, Who Doesn't ?  

1. 1. Who Has it, Who Doesn't ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sross

Well, pretty much everything you've ever said about the club scene here is negative. I mean, you're free to slag on our DJs and clubs (in a civil manner mind you), but don't go around denying it. You really don't like it here.

I think you are confusing a dislike of rampant asskissing of some pretty average DJs for a dislike of Miami in general.

Guest LeVeL

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Miami is not ready for Stryke. They like hearing the same 25 records.

Has it ever gotten into your mind that people in Miami probably aren't into his sound. I mean the guys is a well respected local who can produce and he can throw records from different genre's not just techno. But Stryke has gotten his chance to shine more than a numerous time he Dj'ed and was resident at clubs like Space, Nocturnal, Maze ect. People have been given the opportunity to go see him but in reality there has never been a large turnout for him. Probably the musicheads show up but the regular people that just go out to clubs they just dont know who Stryke is.

Over the years there has been so much fuss about him finally getting over the hump and becoming a local resident of the likes of Oscar G but in reality it hasn't happened. I just dont know the exact answer why he hasn't overcomed these obstacles but it isn't because Miami is not ready for Stryke its probably because Miami just doesn't like him as a DJ. Who knows?

But this thread wasn't made for guys like Stryke, he is a seasoned veteran Dj who tours the world, his tracks are played by all kinds of Dj's. In my mind he doesn't fit the profile as a local DJ who plays locally week in and week out. He's like Robbie Rivera a Local Dj who plays in other parts of the world and United States and plays once in a blue moon locally as a guests.

Guest yume

I voted for Jimmy T but I didn't really mean to vote for Jimmy T but I do support Jimmy T but at the time of voting I didn't support him however due to my past support of Jimmy T I voted for him though at that time I already didn't vote for him..

John Kerry

LOL!

:D :D :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Miami is not ready for Stryke. They like hearing the same 25 records.

Has it ever gotten into your mind that people in Miami probably aren't into his sound. I mean the guys is a well respected local who can produce and he can throw records from different genre's not just techno. But Stryke has gotten his chance to shine more than a numerous time he Dj'ed and was resident at clubs like Space' date=' Nocturnal, Maze ect. People have been given the opportunity to go see him but in reality there has never been a large turnout for him. Probably the musicheads show up but the regular people that just go out to clubs they just dont know who Stryke is.

Over the years there has been so much fuss about him finally getting over the hump and becoming a local resident of the likes of Oscar G but in reality it hasn't happened. I just dont know the exact answer why he hasn't overcomed these obstacles but it isn't because Miami is not ready for Stryke its probably because Miami just doesn't like him as a DJ. Who knows?

But this thread wasn't made for guys like Stryke, he is a seasoned veteran Dj who tours the world, his tracks are played by all kinds of Dj's. In my mind he doesn't fit the profile as a local DJ who plays locally week in and week out. He's like Robbie Rivera a Local Dj who plays in other parts of the world and United States and plays once in a blue moon locally as a guests.

[/quote']

Thats why i said that Miami just isn't the arena for him. For example, i think he would do amazingly well at Cielo up here. The right combination of music heads, amazing sound system and unparalelled vibe would most certainly make the right combination for an awesome Stryke night. :)

Guest swirlundergrounder

LOL..The same 25 records over the course of 5 years...

[quote author=Rick'

link=board=2;threadid=29386;start=40#msg339922 date=1151138732]

Has it ever gotten into your mind that people in Miami probably aren't into his sound. I mean the guys is a well respected local who can produce and he can throw records from different genre's not just techno. But Stryke has gotten his chance to shine more than a numerous time he Dj'ed and was resident at clubs like Space, Nocturnal, Maze ect. People have been given the opportunity to go see him but in reality there has never been a large turnout for him. Probably the musicheads show up but the regular people that just go out to clubs they just dont know who Stryke is.

Thats why i said that Miami just isn't the arena for him. For example, i think he would do amazingly well at Cielo up here. The right combination of music heads, amazing sound system and unparalelled vibe would most certainly make the right combination for an awesome Stryke night. :)

I remember when he used to play the patio @Nocturnal on Saturday nights. The music and vibe on that patio was amazing. And everybody I spoke to was feeling it. I just don't get it. ???

I guess in Miami, in order for a DJ to be considered good, he has to play the same cheese everybody else is.

The follwing is a dramatization: Featuring a clubowner, promter and DJ.

Miami Clubowner: "Oh so I hear you have wicked technical skills, good sense of timing, impeccable taste in music and an uncanny ability to read the crowd"

Promoter: ( talking to himself with a dumb,confused look on his face) Wtf is all that shit he just mentioned?? I don't understand, I'm all about da VIP and da hoes.

Skilled DJ: (apparently very pleased and flattered) "Yes I am skilled in all of the above".

Miami Clubowner: "Sorry dude can't help ya, we only hire DJ's who play cheese, you're over qualified"

Promoter: "yeah yeah, your kind is not wanted around here. You have to play "electro" at least once an hour, so the bitches can get hot and the dumb guys with money can buy them drinks".

Skilled DJ: ???

Guest djjoncowan

there are quite a few heads living in south florida that never actually play here. I still play quite regularly in germany, the UK, and throughout south america.

austin leeds seems to finally getting some local recognition but plays all over the globe regularly for years

chris "TARRANTELLA" bourne - one of the best producers edm has ever seen and just as qualified as a dj. he plays regularly just about everywhere but here.... some clubs and promoters should really book this guy!

out of the list above I could only vote for 1 so it went to jimmy but I give my vote to both jimmy and seb ;)

Guest shrek_inc

We have thousands of people each day on this message board and only like 60+ have voted, come on ur always talking about locals djs lets see who u like

keep on voting!!!

Guest Adam Singer

We have thousands of people each day on this message board and only like 60+ have voted, come on ur always talking about locals djs lets see who u like

keep on voting!!!

its actually the same 60 people viewing each thread 20 times

Guest brucio

keep on voting!!!

How about if we do a little more than just vote???????

loco5.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest sarah4260

If I was a DJ/Producer, I'd work my ass off to tour since I'm single and have no kids that I know of.

Dan I'm still waiting on my child support payments. And why do you have to deny your love for our triplets? It makes Tri-Pod very sad.

Guest Adam Singer

most underrated local DJ and producer: kelly dallen

and by underrated, i dont think many of you know him?