Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E ans the immune systems

just curious if u guys know or think if there is a link between (after) taking E and the level of your immune system? By that i mean do u think a person's immune system goes down after taking an E. I can easily catch a seasonal cold or flu (if it's flu season) after a nite of clubbing and E. please share any info on this subject.

ps. does anybody know how to lessen the impact of E on your body? I've heard about the 5 htps etc..but feel free to refresh me on this or any other subjects. thankx all..

E is a bit harsh on your body and can get you a bit rundown sometimes making you a more suseptable to any bug going around.

I take 50mg of 5-htp 3 times a day every day. It helps.

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

sinergygrl, can u elaborate on the functions of 5-htps?.. i mean what does it do to your body exactly by taking it 3 times a day, and how long do u take it? should there be a certain way of taking it before the nite of rolling?..

thankx for the help...

I use to wonder the same thing...but i realized I would ONLY get sick or catch a cold after I rolled in a CLUB..if I did it anywhere else the next couple days Im fine...

So I started thinking maybe its the hot-cold-im sweaty- im freezing- coming out into the cold after the club thing that actually gets me sick....just my opinion...

------------------

round640.jpg

I am not afraid of tomorrow. I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I dont cry because it ENDED--> I smile because we HAPPENED..

5-HTP is one of the chemicals formed in your body that helps produce serotonin, which is necessary in order to roll correctly. If you take E more than once every 2 weeks, your serotonin supply is never fully replenished. Serotonin is a hormone( I think, or chemical, whatever) that is released when you take E. E tells the serotonin to be released into your brain, thus creating all of the wonderful effects(emotional) of E. After you take a MDMA pill, your serotonin is gone. It takes 2 weeks to recover, and that is because your body takes a while to produce 5-HTP. The 5-HTP pills, which can be purchased at virtually any GNC or vitamin store, help restore the 5-HTP in your body quicker, thus enabling serotonin to be reproduced at a quicker rate. I, for one, have to buy these pills before I leave the country for my vacation, because I roll every week, and I probably will do so in Europe as well. So, if you roll a lot, you should invest in these pills, if you see that you feel more depressed after you roll, or just really fried, etc... cwm9.gif

peache...

Think about it this way, you are in a club with tons of people, many who probably have a cold or something, you are doing a drug that wears your body down along with your immune system a little making you more suseptable to the germ the other people pass. You are also probably dancing around a lot tiring your body out even more than you would be just rollin at a party or something.

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

E will defenately lower your immune system. It really takes it's toll on your body period. And the combination of a lowered immune system, and that hot and sweaty walking out into the cold at night thing defenately will help you get a cold. As for the 5-HTP, that will help your brain recover, but won't do diddly for you immune system, just load up on your vitamins the day of and for a couple of days after and that should help some, hell it's what I usually do, and I don't get sick after E. I don't use 5-HTP either, it doesn't really do anything for me.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif