Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Enron founder Kenneth Lay dies at 64

Guest Adam Singer

he was making billions of dollars while thousands of employees were left without pay, pension or explanation after years of hard work

if there's a hell, this guy is there - he ruined many, many lives for profit and to further big oil

im sure alot of people are happy with this news!

Guest macboy

personally, id rather see him die in jail. the way i see it, he got off light

Agreed. Hey, maybe he faked his own death to get out of going to jail.

J/K ;D

Guest HouseJunkie

It’s only money people, let it go. I'm sure Kenneth’s last words weren’t ‘...tell me quick, how much am I worth?’

Believe it or not, there’s consequence to all our actions, both good and bad – maybe his was death before 65.

Guest mp3some

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Enron Corp. founder and chief executive Ken Lay, who was convicted in May for his role in the in the Houston-based company's downfall, died of a heart attack on Wednesday at his vacation home in Colorado.

"Ken Lay passed away early this morning in Aspen," Lay family spokeswoman Kelly Kimberly said in a statement.

Lay, 64, was awaiting sentencing later this year and was expected to face a lengthy prison term for his convictions in the Enron collapse.

Lay and former Enron Chief Executive Jeffrey Skilling were convicted of fraud and conspiracy for hiding the financial ruin at Enron, which collapsed into bankruptcy in December 2001.

Crazy!~ :o

Karma, dude.... it's a bitch! ;)

Guest RzO

convenient heart attack or covered up suicide or maybe something else perhaps???

??? :P

conspiracy theories ftw!

i mean anything is possible :o

Guest coach

1. Assassination.

2. Faked death.

3. Suicide.

Most unlikely? That he really died of a heart attack.

It’s only money people, let it go. I'm sure Kenneth’s last words weren’t ‘...tell me quick, how much am I worth?’

Believe it or not, there’s consequence to all our actions, both good and bad – maybe his was death before 65.

Do you HONESTLY believe that an early death is a fair consequence for what this guy did to all those people? The fact that he didn't have to spent the rest of his life in jail, he was able to benefit from all that money and not suffer the consequences...I dont find that fair in the least. Like everyone else said, he got off easy if he DID really die.

I too would be curious as to what happens with all that money. Does the gov. keep it? Does it go to the former employees? Did you all watch "Fun with Dick & Jane"? I think thats what should happene with that money but chances are, the guv'ment siezed it and its "tied up" somewhere. Yeah right, tied up in someones pocket.