Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tiesto at Bang Music Fest?

Guest hiram

why would Ultra keep on throwing parties if they never turn a net profit???? ???

they were profitable in the past, but last year they lost money. Simple math, in a dead EDM market, a dying WMC, this town ain't big enough for GG and UMF... They either merge or they both loose money..

LP stopped bringing tiesto to space because at the time tiesto was only doing concerts, but there was a falling out, then tiesto refused to do GG after the prive party, so LP took it out on Ferry, notice Ferry didn't play space for Wmc... Now tiesto's stock has dropped and he's back playing clubs aka borgota in NJ...

yet Tiesto can sell out any venue in South America on any day of the week. So the only people loosing here are his fans. Tiesto stock is still high.

David Hasslehoff can sell out any venue in Germany, so what's your point???

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

why would Ultra keep on throwing parties if they never turn a net profit???? ???

they were profitable in the past, but last year they lost money. Simple math, in a dead EDM market, a dying WMC, this town ain't big enough for GG and UMF... They either merge or they both loose money..

LP stopped bringing tiesto to space because at the time tiesto was only doing concerts, but there was a falling out, then tiesto refused to do GG after the prive party, so LP took it out on Ferry, notice Ferry didn't play space for Wmc... Now tiesto's stock has dropped and he's back playing clubs aka borgota in NJ...

yet Tiesto can sell out any venue in South America on any day of the week. So the only people loosing here are his fans. Tiesto stock is still high.

let's keep it EDM atleast .. anyway what I'm saying is the only people loosing are his fans who may not get to see him. I feel the pain I don't get to see my favorite dj's either, but you know what who cares. Travel if you really must get your fix. I do.

i sold a few years ago.

Guest bootstah

I agree, his parties during WMC this year were pretty expensive from what I was told but yet he still managed to sell out both nights. Tiesto's name is still big deal imo and I'm certain if they booked him for Bang that would certianly bring more of a crowd.

Guest pod

You can't apply a DJ's stock overseas to how he or she will do in the US. For better or for worse the US is a different market. David Hasselhoff is actually a great example.

let's keep it EDM atleast .. anyway what I'm saying is the only people loosing are his fans who may not get to see him. I feel the pain I don't get to see my favorite dj's either, but you know what who cares. Travel if you really must get your fix. I do.

How is this any different than non dj acts? Clapton is playing the AAA this oct, how often does he play here? How about the Eagles, U2. DMB etc... Most come around every few years, some once a year like tiesto, so this is no different. The problem is the emd industry relies on 10 djs to pack clubs, not a great business plan if you ask me...

Outside of the top ten djs, no dj is worth more than 3k a night...

Guest bootstah

You can't apply a DJ's stock overseas to how he or she will do in the US. For better or for worse the US is a different market. David Hasselhoff is actually a great example.

easily said, however how many idiots were watching that show in the US market....

America's Got Talent

and who sits right in front.......none other than the HOFF!

Guest ramon

When a dj gets that much press and is that mainstream it doesn't fuckin matter.

Guest pod

Mainstream means even my uncle, whom isn't a hermit or anything has heard of them. I highly doubt he's heard of Tiësto or PvD. The only DJ he probably knows is Jazzy Jeff. Tiësto is mainstream as far as the dance music community is concerned, but not as far as the music world is concerned.

In the grand scheme of music in general, Tiësto's 'stock' isn't that high.

Guest LeVeL

Tiesto's stock rose so much over the past years, that now that stock cant go anywhere else but down, unless he tries different projects outside of Electronic Dance Music. Now he can always try to do what Moby did but that is a big risk to take for Tiesto. He doesn't have no choice but have to play at Clubs again.

Space has never gotten as pack for 1 Dj then for Tiesto, Tiesto still has one of the huges fallowings in dance Music which trascends even genre's outside of Dance Music, everyone knows who Tiesto is.

But I still dont think he's the best Dj in Trance Music right now but him alone represents the genre.

How is tiesto mainstream???

LP made him who he is here in the US, now that LP pulled the plug on him, his stock has tanked here in the US.... Reality is, PVD, Ferry etc, all the trance guys stocks have tanked while the vast majority of house guys stocks have been delisted... I would short the morillo stock big time!

Guest ramon

How is tiesto mainstream???

LP made him who he is here in the US, now that LP pulled the plug on him, his stock has tanked here in the US.... Reality is, PVD, Ferry etc, all the trance guys stocks have tanked while the vast majority of house guys stocks have been delisted... I would short the morillo stock big time!

if anyone made him anywhere its Oakenfold. One of Tiesto's biggest breaks was to remix Delirium's - Silence and Oakenfold played it to death. Thats where I saw Tiesto take off. Even though Sparkles and even his Gouryella stuff was probably better it was his remix of Silence that everyone and their grandmother played that made him known outside of Holland.

Guest pod

Everyone in the dance music community. Your average clubgoer had no idea who he was at that point.

He was a $5,000/night DJ playing on a Friday when LP first booked him. Three years down the line his fees quadrupled. Space had a lot to do with that.

Guest LeVeL

if anyone made him anywhere its Oakenfold. One of Tiesto's biggest breaks was to remix Delirium's - Silence and Oakenfold played it to death. Thats where I saw Tiesto take off. Even though Sparkles and even his Gouryella stuff was probably better it was his remix of Silence that everyone and their grandmother played that made him known outside of Holland.

Oakenfold is a guy that has helped a lot of names get exposure through out the years. He certaintly helped Tiesto, Just like he helped Timo Mass, Hernan Cattaneo and Sandra Collins.

Guest Miss_Digital

• chemical brothers
  • moby
  • oakey

have made a staple in pop music
partly cause they had music videos
  • PVD
  • TIEST-HOE

can also be included

Guest pod

The three you mentioned became a 'staple' because they collaborated with well known rock or hip-hop artists, or changed their style to be more acceptable to the MTV crowd.

Guest Miss_Digital

The three you mentioned became a 'staple' because they collaborated with well known rock or hip-hop artists, or changed their style to be more acceptable to the MTV crowd.

i defenitely agreed with that too

also when oakey did the sound track for swordfish, that gave him a big boost

Guest ramon

yeah bringing different people to contribute to your record makes your more acceptable to the mtv crowd ffs .. chemicals , moby still make great music. it's nice to see them bringin other people into the mix get other ideas on the table.

Guest LeVeL

Everyone in the dance music community. Your average clubgoer had no idea who he was at that point.

He was a $5,000/night DJ playing on a Friday when LP first booked him. Three years down the line his fees quadrupled. Space had a lot to do with that.

But Pod haven't a lot of Dj's fee's risen also, just look at Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, PVD, Carl Cox, Sasha and Digweed and Paul Oakenfold who was probably one of the first Dj's to demand huge fee's to play a 3 to 4 hour Dj Set.

But all this has messed up the market for the other guys that are equally as talented as some of those jocks...just look at what Zabiela, Holden, Sander,Fanciulli, Max Graham, Eric Prydz ect...are making when are producing hits canned by some of those Dj's making the huge fees. But when these Guys are booked they aren't making any close to those guys but they are still filling up the clubs but their name alone cant guarantee an events success.

Guest pod

Again a 'mainstream' product. Mainstream as in the real mainstream, not the dance music mainstream. Two different kettles of fish there.

Guest ramon

He was a $5' date='000/night DJ playing on a Friday when LP first booked him. Three years down the line his fees quadrupled. Space had a lot to do with that.

[/quote']

But Pod haven't a lot of Dj's fee's risen also, just look at Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, PVD, Carl Cox, Sasha and Digweed and Paul Oakenfold who was probably one of the first Dj's to demand huge fee's to play a 3 to 4 hour Dj Set.

But all this has messed up the market for the other guys that are equally as talented as some of those jocks...just look at what Zabiela, Holden, Sander,Fanciulli, Max Graham, Eric Prydz ect...are making when are producing hits canned by some of those Dj's making the huge fees. But when these Guys are booked they aren't making any close to those guys but they are still filling up the clubs but their name alone cant guarantee an events success.

Zabs and Nic are A List Dj's but I doubt they are getting A List money in the US anyway.

Holden has come a long way and I'm happy people are finally to starting to give him the respect he deserves as a dj. He just played Cocoon in Ibiza again last night. ;)

Guest JMT
Space has never gotten as pack for 1 Dj then for Tiesto' date=' Tiesto still has one of the biggest followings in dance Music...

him alone represents the genre.

[/quote']

i agree.

but if tiesto aint packing enough butts in the doors to make money, edm is in real touble.

Guest pod

yeah bringing different people to contribute to your record makes your more acceptable to the mtv crowd ffs .. chemicals , moby still make great music. it's nice to see them bringin other people into the mix get other ideas on the table.

Not necessarily acceptable, the MTV crowd could care less about who did the production, remix, or backing programming on an album, but it lends a mainstream artist some underground 'cred', which holds up in the music world, and gives you that last "10 percent", if you will.

Guest LeVeL

Not necessarily acceptable, the MTV crowd could care less about who did the production, remix, or backing programming on an album, but it lends a mainstream artist some underground 'cred', which holds up in the music world, and gives you that last "10 percent", if you will.

But it still gives credit to the artist or Dj who produced the album. Just look at Luciano who produced Madonna last album. Just look at William Orbit who produced the ray of Light album for Madonna. Oakenfold who was another guy who produced some tracks for Madonna. Look at BT who produced that N'Sync Album Pop, which was one of their most successful albums.

Look at Dj Bliss from Faithless who produced some tracks for Dido first album. The list goes on and one, the EDM guys have produced great albums for mainstream artist. Eventhough they dont get enough credit they are still recognized for their efforts and acourse it opens the doors for collaborations in the future for that Dj to produce with that artist a EDM track.

Its all about getting your name out there. Gabriel and dresden did the soundtrack for Brokeback Mountain and acourse Dj's and artist lend their beats to video games and commercials.

Guest pod

Yeah it works the other way too. But it certainly isn't enough to get them true mainstream acceptability for their own work. Stuart Price is a fantastic producer, but no one outside of the spheres of dance music and music production know who he is. With his success producing Madonna's album, it doesn't get him mainstream recognition, it just gets him more production work. Teenagers in Kendall aren't running over to Beatport and downloading his tracks because 'he's Madonna's producer'.