Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What grocery store do you shop at?

Guest swirlundergrounder

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

It is odd though, that "healthy eating" is actually quite expensive.

And people, please do not buy organic food from places like Walmart.

+48315630463

What's up with this number that I see Pod using all the time also??

For example Pod will say "I've seen this 48315630463 times"....

or "I've said this 48315630463 times"....etc..

Uh, I randomly typed that number. Just to emphasize that I REALLY agree with you.

I know that. The funny thing is that I noticed that Pod's number also starts with a '4' followed by and '8'...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Is there a 'Trader Joe's in the area??

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 'Fresh Market' in Aventura yet...

Guest xmuzik

8 out of 10 food products on the shelf are genetically modified and for a food product to be considered organic it only has to be % 15 real / %85 modified

remember that next time you run into a shithead health nut that probably eats more modified crap than all of us combined

Guest macboy

If I'm in the North Miami Beach/Aventura area, I always try to stop in at Laurenzo's Italian Market. Otherwise it's publix and epicure.

Oh, and for you walmart haters, check out this documentary:

Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price

It came out last year and was pretty good.

Hey JMT, how is Palladio, I heard they just opened one up or are in the process of opening one in Aventura.

Guest JMT
Hey JMT, how is Palladio, I heard they just opened one up or are in the process of opening one in Aventura.

its the best in the area up here. very clean. they also have a great wine selection.

Guest ramon

It is odd though, that "healthy eating" is actually quite expensive.

And people, please do not buy organic food from places like Walmart.

+48315630463

What's up with this number that I see Pod using all the time also??

For example Pod will say "I've seen this 48315630463 times"....

or "I've said this 48315630463 times"....etc..

its teh win or the new 31337 ;)

Guest ramon

personally i shop at publix which has a decent organic section .. yeah its expensive but for some stuff like salads its soooo much better. now if i could only get that organic balsamic vinagrette again :(

costco carries the salad as well and it comes in a larger quantity .. good if you eat salad everyday.

its unfortunate that eating healthy is more expensive but what can you do.

i also notice that if you buy once a week and go through all that stuff instead of over spending and buying for 2-3 weeks you have fresher food and a cleaner fridge ;)

Guest sross

personally i shop at publix which has a decent organic section .. yeah its expensive but for some stuff like salads its soooo much better. now if i could only get that organic balsamic vinagrette again :(

costco carries the salad as well and it comes in a larger quantity .. good if you eat salad everyday.

i also notice that if you buy once a week and go through all that stuff instead of over spending and buying for 2-3 weeks you have fresher food and a cleaner fridge ;)

Those packaged salads are soaked in high levels of chlorine in order to keep them crisp.

Guest ramon

Those packaged salads are soaked in high levels of chlorine in order to keep them crisp.

the organic ones that last for like 3 days after i buy them? thats pretty shocking.

Guest sross

the organic ones that last for like 3 days after i buy them? thats pretty shocking.

Not sure if that applies to the organic salads - probably not if they only last 3 days.

Guest teabag

buy my steaks at crazybutcher.c*m..pork,ham, ribs, lamb best quality no complaints ever highly recommend it have been ordering for 2 years, now every two weeks...the rest in costco and publix.

Associated and Key Foods. Occasionally the corner deli aka bodega. Produce i get at the produce market. Kickass AND shit is cheaper up here than it is at Publix or Winn Dixie. Produce is 1000% better than in FL.

But in manhattan you have to barter your firstborn when you go to the grocery store.

Guest michael^heaven

---Winn-Dixie for mass load-up($60 & my cart is full!). Publix for a quick stop &/or meats. We don't have a Whole Foods market in my area but I saw a report on 60 Minutes....looked really nice with all kinds of choices.