Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bang Music Festival!!! Miami, FL Nov. 11, 2006

Guest galacticgruv

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bootstah

holy shites! DD!!!!! Defo going to be there was so much fun last year this was most deffo on the intinerary for this year anyway, but the lineup is just kickin ass so far!

see all of you freaks there :)

Guest bootstah

How is the food situation going to be? Seating?

I thought last year was pretty dope. Tents all through the lot and bangin choons. This year will be much bigger and better so if it's like any other festival it'll be bodies amock on the dance floor. Let's hope it's cleaner than Global Gathering :-X

• 4 weeks later...
Guest drift_is300

BANG! MUSIC FESTIVAL - the Southeast's newest diverse music event-returns to Miami's Bicentennial Park on Saturday, November 11th. The event's promoters Haddad Productions are pleased to announce DURAN DURAN, DAFT PUNK, TIËSTO, GNARLS BARKLEY, MODEST MOUSE, COMMON, THIEVERY CORPORATION, KINKY, LOS AMIGOS INVISIBLES and more than 50 bands and DJs on 5 different stages for the day-long fete.

$45 PRE-SALE TICKETS SOLD OUT! $55 TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME

The U.K. mega-group DURAN DURAN’s appearance at BANG! is a special live-performance engagement they are making in the midst of recording a new album. Duran Duran is one of the most successful British bands with a career celebrating 25 years of continuous chart success and more than 70 million records sold.

French electronica duo DAFT PUNK’s stunning new live show-cum-space ship has been hailed as the must-see act of the year after their first US appearance in eight years at Coachella 2006.

Other new additions to BANG! include: Common, Roger Sanchez, Kinky, George Acosta, Christopher Lawrence, Markus Schulz, DJ Icey, Yerba Buena, Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso, Cedric Gervais, Ivano Bellini, Hyper, Misstress Barbara, Baby Anne, Truth, Edgar V, Spacemen, 4 Strings, Kevens, Filo & Peri, Austin Leeds, Jen Lasher, Speechless and Devine & emilyPLAY. The full line-up will be announced at a later date.

The BANG! MUSIC FESTIVAL will be spread out over 30-acres of lush landscape on the waterfront of Biscayne Bay with three outdoor stages and two massive tent stages, plus five VIP areas with preferred viewing and bottle service. The sound for each area will be provided by V-dosc, Turbo or Nexxo, three of the world's best sound systems so festival goers will be privy to the ultimate sound quality available. The event will also have mist tents, Port-o-lets, food concessions of various fare, clothing and jewelry vendors, bleachers for general admission guests, an eco-village, onsite ATMs and an 'urban village' with an MC battle, turntabilist battle, break-dancers, graffiti artists and more.

General admission tickets for the BANG! MUSIC FESTIVAL are now available through the website at www.BangMusicFestival.com for $55 plus applicable service fees.

VIP packages will be available in various forms: $145 for a single ticket and $275 for two tickets which allow access to the general VIP sections; a VIP package for $1,275 which includes four VIP tickets, a table that holds up to five people (fifth person may buy a ticket separately) with preferred viewing and bottle service including two bottles of premium liquor plus mixers; or a non-alcohol VIP package including 30 energy drinks and 30 bottled waters. Premium VIP packages are available for both the TIËSTO, Stage ($1500) and the Duran Duran Stage ($2000) with elevated viewing and preferred stage seating with all the aforementioned services included. Travel packages are also available and can be found at www.groove-travel.com.

A portion of the proceeds for the BANG! MUSIC FESTIVAL will go to Cure The Planet, www.curetheplanet.org: A fledgling non-profit organization that focuses on saving the planet’s precious eco-system by recycling and creative ways to keep the planet pure.

For more information on Bang Music Festival’s artist line-up, ticket pricing and travel info, please visit:

www.BangMusicFestival.com

Guest JCintheplace2b

How is the food situation going to be? Seating?

I thought last year was pretty dope. Tents all through the lot and bangin choons. This year will be much bigger and better so if it's like any other festival it'll be bodies amock on the dance floor. Let's hope it's cleaner than Global Gathering :-X

I agree. i had a kick ass time at last year's Bang, and I'm buying my tix for this year's this weekend. Who cares how much the acts cost, or how much they might lose? That's not my concern, for one. I just want to see some dope talent and have fun, that's it.

This lineup is diverse and in my opinion - SICK! I'm gonna be there for sure. Even my boyz from CALI are making the trip - AGAIN. CALI REPRAZENT!

Guest sfsdc

HELL YEAH! I heard that last year's Bang was good from a LOT of people. The lineup, the big location, the range of music?!?!?! :o

I can't wait to go this year, getting my tix this weekend for sure!

Does anyone know when the full lineup is going to be posted?

Guest TrueBlue52

Hell YEAH! You fucking ROCK Emily! Bang's gonna be sick for real!

I just got turned onto it from some friends that went last year and they ALL said it was sick!

I guess I better get on the ball with getting my tickets and all!

Guest sfsdc

Hell YEAH! You fucking ROCK Emily! Bang's gonna be sick for real!

I just got turned onto it from some friends that went last year and they ALL said it was sick!

I guess I better get on the ball with getting my tickets and all!

I'm with you there, Emily and Devine kick ass! So does pretty much everyone else that's goint o be there!

I def. would get on those tickets though, for sure.

Tickets: check

Day off of work: check (yes, I work on Saturdays)

Ready to dance my ass off: yes

Wishing it was this weekend: HELL YES!

Guest Playa

javascript:replaceText('%20;D') OMG...DURAN DURAN, DAFT PUNK< GNARLS< COMMON, THIEVERY...Unbelievable...There is no way I am missing this one...I can't wait tot see Duran and Daft, as I heard this is the only live show for Daft in 2006 besides Coachella...WOW

Guest bassdropper

bang-ad-jul-26.jpg

Glad to see these festival morons still don't get it...

If you took the acts on that flyer and held this tommrow, you would make more money if you got rid of everyone on there except tiesto, Roger, Duran Duran and maybe Daft Punk..

THE REST ARE WORTHLESS!!!!!!!

For these avg non club legend, it's real simple. Lets use Mistress Barbra for an example.

Say she costs 5,000 to book, then 2000 in flights and hotels. So the total cost for just booking her is 7000 but there are extra costs such as marketing, her managment expenses etc.. Add it all up and you get 10,000 bucks. (i'm making these numbers up).

Lets say the tickets costs 50 bucks. Thus MB cost 200 tickets..

Will 200 people show up to hear her?? Fuck no!

The festivals should just low ball every jock on the planet, offer hotel and flight and food, no money, the vast majority of jocks will still play.

speak for yourself i dig MB

Guest Hateraid

i think all you guys need to get out of miami once an awhile and all your problems will be solved ! As long as all of you stay in miami and complain about how the so called scene here is wack before you know it you all will be old with kids ! Get out and travel cause dance music is alive and well all over the world! All we have here is a nice place to call home !

Guest TrueBlue52

I don't understand what all this fuss is about either?!

Either you want to go or not, but don't complain! I'm sure there's lots of people working hard to make this thing happen.

I dig what they're doin, so I'm there. If I wasn't then I'd just move on to the next show... no need to ramble on about everything you think they're doing wrong!

Guest djphase2

This looks like its going to be a great festival!!! Obviously they have something for everyone. I definately can't wait to see icey and and the other breaks djs there!! Duran Duran!!!

Guest Playa

I just heard from a good friend of mine that they just added Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley to the Bang Music Festival...Just when I thought it wouldn't get better...This is going to be one hell of a festival...Got my tickets and I am ready to dance...

Guest BreakerOneNine

I think Bang will do just fine this year....just my opinion...I know of people coming from all over the country.

and Mistress Barbara is tha shizzy!

Guest miamilawdj04

Yea, i'm hoping for a good show. I'm wondering what the set times will be...because i would love to see both TIESTO and DURAN DURAN---but something tells me i'll be forced to choose. And for anyone that has not seen DAFT PUNK live (myself included), go to YouTube and search for DAFT PUNK and a bunch of clips from the Coachella come up....i think we're all in for a treat with them. looking forward to good weather, and good music!!