Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Metropolis Fund Raiser thread...

V. Barbarino

08/11/2006 WSVN

Club Metropolis sued by shooting victims

Email Story to Friend E-mail this story to a friend

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Several victims of violence at Club Metropolis, in downtown Miami, and their family members are filing a civil lawsuit against the club.

The string of violence in and around the club, located at 950 NE Second Ave., included the death of one man after he was stabbed this past Memorial Day.

Another man, Luis Barreiro, had to undergo open-heart surgery after being shot in the club's parking lot.

"I'm not doing this to get revenge. I almost lost my life, and I wouldn't want someone else to go through this," said Barreiro.

Authorities have clamped down on the series of shootings near the club. This past Wednesday, police met with several club owners in the area and asked them to hire more security guards.

So far no arrests have been made in any of the incidents.

(Copyright 2006 by Sunbeam TV Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Guest pod

I'm not privy to the ins and outs of that aspect of the law, but they've had several incidents of this nature, shouldn't the city have closed them down by now?

Guest meta

I'm not privy to the ins and outs of that aspect of the law, but they've had several incidents of this nature, shouldn't the city have closed them down by now?

i agree with that. they should have been closed a long time ago.....

Guest sross

i'm actually thinking about suing them too.

Me too. I'm suffering from severe trauma reading about violence in a club I have never visited.

metropolis is every other club owner that wants to open a new venue in the area's best friend. best

im saying this cuz i i wonder if the property value nearby has gone down as a result lof all the madness. if so time to buy buy buy lol

Guest meta

i'm actually thinking about suing them too.

What??? You didnt get paid either. LOL

No body got paid. I remember george alvarado sleeping on the couch waiting to get paid. Now that is bad. I even had to bottles sales there and nothing never saw my hundred dollar check. I am going to sue. I am with the rest of you guys.

Guest DJFC23

+ 1

Guest james stratus

The city can't close them down unless the club is actually a party in instigating some sort of illegal activity. I hate to down play what has happened there, but just because someone got shot or stabbed, or even died on a business' property doesn't mean much to the business.

Guest rhythmdoc

shit that place down! that place is a dump!

"Shit" I think you hit it on the nail

my bad..didn't spell check but.....i guess i wrote on what i was thinking @ the time! lol!!!!

Guest meta

The city can't close them down unless the club is actually a party in instigating some sort of illegal activity. I hate to down play what has happened there, but just because someone got shot or stabbed, or even died on a business' property doesn't mean much to the business.

I think that every party there instigated an illegal activity. But they have actually been raided before and been threated to shut down if they didn't change owners. (heard from the grapevine) Liquior would be pulled and people would be arrested.