Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What one thing would you change?

Guest Devilicious

If you could change one thing about going out in Miami and Miami Beach, what would it be?  

1. 1. If you could change one thing about going out in Miami and Miami Beach, what would it be?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thelurker

OMG, I cant vote for just one. It's seriously a 3 way tie between:

Door Debacle: mayne not for some of you people b/c you go out so much that they know you, but for the rest of us it is a big deterrent from nightclubs.

Smoking: It's horrible, I feel sick the next day and smell like shit.

Prices: I havent been out since 4th of July weekend b/c it's ridiculous to go clubbing in this town. It's so easy to blow $200 for a night of going out (including cover) and that's just too much for a regular person who isn't rich or living off mommy and daddie.

I digress.

Guest pod

Smoking is my biggest pet peeve. If a club has adequate ventilation, it isn't a big issue, but in smaller venues it shouldn't be allowed.

Guest spinderella7713

i cant believe everybody didnt vote for parking...im seriously amazed...do you guys all have some secret vip valet card or something...sign me up!

Guest thelurker

i cant believe everybody didnt vote for parking...im seriously amazed...do you guys all have some secret vip valet card or something...sign me up!

We arent all promoters who get drinks comped and no door hassle. Parking is an issues but way below those 2.

Guest lyrik

parking $$, it's such bullshit. $20 for a fucking bum to watch my car.

Exactly....who the fuck wants to park there and leave their cars for crackheads to watch...I'll pass on that one - my days of walking through the slums just to go to a party are long gone.

Guest Devilicious

I would like to see a venue that doesn't allow guys under 23 in... or even 25. I think there is a night at the fifth where that is the case ?

Girls, who cares. But upping the age a man has to be to get in lowers the fight factor and the annoyance many women experience with young guys, and helps even out the ratio.

Wow... I am sounding old :-[

Guest pod

parking $$, it's such bullshit. $20 for a fucking bum to watch my car.

You're not obligated to pay them. The most I'll do is say that I'll give them a few bucks if I come back and the car is intact. If they get aggressive, the cops are a few yards away.

And yeah, it is tough for people who go out maybe once every six weeks to get "respect" and known at the door. But that's Miami and just about every other major club city for you. You know how it goes, they take care of the locals first, since it is the locals in the end that make or break a club.

I wouldn't necessarily advocate upping the age limit for guys though. I know 21 year olds who carry themselves well, and conversely I know 30 year olds who act like complete retards and need to be shot.

If anything, I would give my doorstaff more latitude to judge people at the door, and also I would give security more latitude to toss people out on their asses for acting like asses.

An age based restriction to screen out undesireables won't solve the problem. Being a jackass knows no color, orientation, sex, or age group. I would honestly just tell the staff to keep the jackasses out. Back in the day, clubs like the Paradise Garage, the Palladium, and later on, places like the original Liquid in Miami, kept the age limit at 21, but the doormen were ruthless and kept the jackasses out.

There's another idea. The Paradise Garage was 'members only', and you could only get in if an existing member vouched for you.

Guest Vitaliy

The one thing I'd like to see improved is service. I'm pretty disgusted by the way customers get treated at certain establishments. While I can close my eyes on rude $80/shift bouncers with something to prove, I simply cannot tolerate South Beach bartenders (no offense to Tal, Major, and boys at Blue. You guys are top notch). Most bartenders look like you just asked them to solve a global warming problem when you order something other than vodka/cran or an apple martini. Then, after waiting forever for your overpriced drinks (understandable, rent on the beach is high), you get charged different price every trip to the bar and have gratuity slapped on top of it as if you're a German tourist. When I was bartending, none of this was happening.

Guest Devilicious

I wouldn't necessarily advocate upping the age limit for guys though. I know 21 year olds who carry themselves well, and conversely I know 30 year olds who act like complete retards and need to be shot.

If anything, I would give my doorstaff more latitude to judge people at the door, and also I would give security more latitude to toss people out on their asses for acting like asses.

An age based restriction to screen out undesireables won't solve the problem. Being a jackass knows no color, orientation, sex, or age group. I would honestly just tell the staff to keep the jackasses out. Back in the day, clubs like the Paradise Garage, the Palladium, and later on, places like the original Liquid in Miami, kept the age limit at 21, but the doormen were ruthless and kept the jackasses out.

There's another idea. The Paradise Garage was 'members only', and you could only get in if an existing member vouched for you.

You know, you are 100% correct.

Guest vegasguy25

I've partied in Miami a couple times, once during conference and once not. Even though we have smoking here in Vegas, I would love to see it dumped down in Miami. I go to LA a lot, and it's so nice to get a break from indoor smoke.

Guest slamminshaun

I went with "service". I have been alot of places, but Miami has the worst service anywhere....hands down! There is something about paying double for something and getting half the service then I would elsewhere that irks the shit out of me. Door dabacles could be included in "service" as well. I've never eaten in a restaurant before that the waitress feels entitled to a tip....no bitch, you gotta earn my money. Most Miami "service" industry employees would never make it outside Miami.

Guest slamminshaun

T, our saturday nights at the fifth are 23+ for guys and 21+ for ladies .. and believe me .. it does make a difference ..

I vote for 28 and up for guys and 21 and under for ladies....wake me up when they open such a venue.

Guest pod

It probably does make a difference, but you're screening out potential customers with the 23. I'd honestly just suggest a more aggressive door policy. It's OK to tell someone to piss off.

Only reason I say this is because I know a few people (as do you), who are 21 or 22, who spend a good deal of money when they go out, and conduct themselves appropriately.

Guest meta

The parking man. Its such a hassel sometimes. At the hard rock free parking and right next to the clubs..... On the beach its always a mission to find it, but in downtown you wonder if someone broke into it.

Guest meta

I would like to see a venue that doesn't allow guys under 23 in... or even 25. I think there is a night at the fifth where that is the case ?

Girls, who cares. But upping the age a man has to be to get in lowers the fight factor and the annoyance many women experience with young guys, and helps even out the ratio.

Wow... I am sounding old :-[

The fifth was like that but they been slacking...

Guest meta

Oddly enough, whenever I do have a car, I have zero problems downtown, but I've had a car broken into twice on the beach.

I have had friends that have had their windows shattered in downtown. I never park next to the bridge i alwasy park behind the club and the pay the 20 bucks in a fenced in area...

Guest ilovedjology

Oddly enough, whenever I do have a car, I have zero problems downtown, but I've had a car broken into twice on the beach.

I have had friends that have had their windows shattered in downtown. I never park next to the bridge i alwasy park behind the club and the pay the 20 bucks in a fenced in area...

SHit last time I payed for parking my car still got broken into.. I think they should just build a public garage and have some security.. At that point I think my 20 bucks for parking will be well spent!

Guest meta

SHit last time I payed for parking my car still got broken into.. I think they should just build a public garage and have some security.. At that point I think my 20 bucks for parking will be well spent!

Tip dont leave anything on the seats.. If they cant see it they have no reason to break in. Unless its some gang iniciation.....LOL

Guest ilovedjology

Tip dont leave anything on the seats.. If they cant see it they have no reason to break in. Unless its some gang iniciation.....LOL

Dork.. my car never has anything to take.. unless you want napkins and some useless junk mail that I forget to take out of my car. Oh maybe the toll change... But even so they didnt take anything except for my toll change. >:(