Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What one thing would you change?

Guest Devilicious

If you could change one thing about going out in Miami and Miami Beach, what would it be?  

1. 1. If you could change one thing about going out in Miami and Miami Beach, what would it be?

Guest LeVeL

Parking has to be the worst especially Downtown, when you have parking garages that change the pricing of their garage through the night, it can $25 one moment then they change it to $20 and as it gets later in the night sometimes they drop the pricing or keep it @ $25.

As far as the age restrictions are concerned I dont think there is much difference from a Guy who is 21 and a Guy who is 23, the only thing is that the guy at 23 years of age is older but it doesn't neccessarily mean he's more mature individual or will conduct himself in a more responsible manner. And if the girls dont feel like being harrassed by Men, then ladies get over it its been like that from the beginning of time, you will get hit on by a 18, 21,23,29,43 year old guy it just doesn't matter to us, pussy is pussy.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest meta

Oddly enough, whenever I do have a car, I have zero problems downtown, but I've had a car broken into twice on the beach.

I have had friends that have had their windows shattered in downtown. I never park next to the bridge i alwasy park behind the club and the pay the 20 bucks in a fenced in area...

SHit last time I payed for parking my car still got broken into.. I think they should just build a public garage and have some security.. At that point I think my 20 bucks for parking will be well spent!

Tip dont leave anything on the seats.. If they cant see it they have no reason to break in. Unless its some gang iniciation.....LOL

Dork.. my car never has anything to take.. unless you want napkins and some useless junk mail that I forget to take out of my car. Oh maybe the toll change... But even so they didnt take anything except for my toll change. >:(

I guess they were a few pennys short from buying a beer.

Guest Cosmigonon

As far as the age restrictions are concerned I dont think there is much difference from a Guy who is 21 and a Guy who is 23' date=' the only thing is that the guy at 23 years of age is older but it doesn't neccessarily mean he's more mature individual or will conduct himself in a more responsible manner. And if the girls dont feel like being harrassed by Men, then ladies get over it its been like that from the beginning of time, you will get hit on by a 18, 21,23,29,43 year old guy it just doesn't matter to us, pussy is pussy.

[/quote']

Ditto.

Guest djcarlosf

I would like to see a venue that doesn't allow guys under 23 in... or even 25. I think there is a night at the fifth where that is the case ?

Girls, who cares. But upping the age a man has to be to get in lowers the fight factor and the annoyance many women experience with young guys, and helps even out the ratio.

Wow... I am sounding old :-[

wow...cant believe you actually suggested that ::)

Guest pod

If a girl wants to go out and not be bothered by guys, I would suggest that she goes to Score, Twist, or Twilo on Saturdays.

Guest meta

If a girl wants to go out and not be bothered by guys, I would suggest that she goes to Score, Twist, or Twilo on Saturdays.

Infact if a girl goes to those places, most definatly she will be checking out the guys with other guys. But no guarantee she will pick any of them up.

Guest Devilicious

Parking has to be the worst especially Downtown' date=' when you have parking garages that change the pricing of their garage through the night, it can $25 one moment then they change it to $20 and as it gets later in the night sometimes they drop the pricing or keep it @ $25.

As far as the age restrictions are concerned I dont think there is much difference from a Guy who is 21 and a Guy who is 23, the only thing is that the guy at 23 years of age is older but it doesn't neccessarily mean he's more mature individual or will conduct himself in a more responsible manner. And if the girls dont feel like being harrassed by Men, then ladies get over it its been like that from the beginning of time, [b']you will get hit on by a 18, 21,23,29,43 year old guy it just doesn't matter to us, pussy is pussy.

This is specific to Miami. Every other place I have visited or lived older men are much more respectable to young females. Younger guys are generally intimidated or too nervous to hit on older women. They know we are out of their league, and while they may discreetly look, they are not going around hissing, "pssssssst, mami!!!"

The majority of men in this city treat women with zero respect. You really think you're going to get laid like that? ::)

You forgot "Party Atmosphere". Other than that, I'd go with smoking.

What do you mean?

Guest spinderella7713

parking $$, it's such bullshit. $20 for a fucking bum to watch my car.

You're not obligated to pay them. The most I'll do is say that I'll give them a few bucks if I come back and the car is intact. If they get aggressive, the cops are a few yards away.

And yeah, it is tough for people who go out maybe once every six weeks to get "respect" and known at the door. But that's Miami and just about every other major club city for you. You know how it goes, they take care of the locals first, since it is the locals in the end that make or break a club.

I wouldn't necessarily advocate upping the age limit for guys though. I know 21 year olds who carry themselves well, and conversely I know 30 year olds who act like complete retards and need to be shot.

If anything, I would give my doorstaff more latitude to judge people at the door, and also I would give security more latitude to toss people out on their asses for acting like asses.

An age based restriction to screen out undesireables won't solve the problem. Being a jackass knows no color, orientation, sex, or age group. I would honestly just tell the staff to keep the jackasses out. Back in the day, clubs like the Paradise Garage, the Palladium, and later on, places like the original Liquid in Miami, kept the age limit at 21, but the doormen were ruthless and kept the jackasses out.

There's another idea. The Paradise Garage was 'members only', and you could only get in if an existing member vouched for you.

The first week i moved here i went to space parked at a meter (wondering why everyone else was so stupid to pay $20 for parking when all the meters were empty) then when the bum came to me asking from money I was horrified and ran to the club (not used to bumbs where im from)....therefore next morning everything stolen!! EVERYTHING. so the point im trying to make is if you dont tip the bumb appropriatly your fucked.

Guest pod

Really? Never had a major issue. I tell them I'll take care of it on the way out, and usually they're gone, or if they are there, I can toss them like 2 or 3 bucks and it isn't an issue.

Ideally though, I don't drive to Downtown.

Im sick of clubs over charging my fucking credit card. This has happened to me at 6 different clubs. My bank thinks Im a raging alcoholic. It's a major pain in the ass to fill out a dispute, fax the bullshit info back to them blah blah blah.

It took me 5 weeks to get a double charge of $675.00 from Studio A. After calling Studio A 10 times, numerous emails, etc... they didnt do shit about it. Fuck that club.

I cant stand it when you call the club to complain, they all say "oh come in next week and we'll hook you up" FUCK THAT.

Guest pod

Playing devil's advocate here, but with some of the issues, it's been an issue since time immemorial. I don't see doormen changing their rap because 20 people on a messageboard said so.

When it comes to leaving tabs, I never do it. I'll bring cash, and when I run out, I either hit the ATM, or I end my drinking for the evening. Leaving a card in an unsecured location, even if I trust the bartender, isn't what I'd advise, especially in this day and age of identity theft.

Guest thelurker

Im sick of clubs over charging my fucking credit card. This has happened to me at 6 different clubs. My bank thinks Im a raging alcoholic. It's a major pain in the ass to fill out a dispute, fax the bullshit info back to them blah blah blah.

It took me 5 weeks to get a double charge of $675.00 from Studio A. After calling Studio A 10 times, numerous emails, etc... they didnt do shit about it. Fuck that club.

I cant stand it when you call the club to complain, they all say "oh come in next week and we'll hook you up" FUCK THAT.

OMG I totally feel you on this. Cafeteria fucked me hardcore on a bill during WMC. And that's just one of many clubs that rape your once you give them your CC. And you wonder why so many people stop clubbing altogether. If it wasn't for some DJs i'd like to go hear at a club, I wouldnt even bother with clubs anymore.

Guest spinderella7713

OMG I totally feel you on this. Cafeteria fucked me hardcore on a bill during WMC. And that's just one of many clubs that rape your once you give them your CC. And you wonder why so many people stop clubbing altogether. If it wasn't for some DJs i'd like to go hear at a club, I wouldnt even bother with clubs anymore.

Unfortunatly this was a problem at the old NV used to charge ur card $50 even if you only spent $20...then return the $30 during the business week...that shit was nutz....once i opened up 3 different tabs doing the whole Im gonna leave, no im not thing for 2 hours...and they rapped me!!! overdraft all over the place.

Guest Devilicious

Unfortunatlyu this was a problem for me at crobar and the old NV used to charge ur card $50 even if you only spent $20...then return the $30 during the business week...that shit was nutz....i have overdrafts all over the place!!!

That isn't the way it works. Many computer systems used in clubs "check" your card to see if you have enough money to cover the bill. The card is pre-authorized, which puts a hold on your account. The 50 bux never left your account and the club never had it, rather the employee charged you the amount that you spent at the time that you closed out your tab. It's a security measure against people with $20 left on the card charging $200 and dipping out of the club. Besides identity theft, this is another reason why clubs need your ID for a credit card purchase.

Guest coach

You forgot "Party Atmosphere". Other than that, I'd go with smoking.

What do you mean?

Come to Freeze Frame tonight and you'll see what I mean!

But to be more explicit, it seems to me that many clubs just throw a DJ up on the decks and figure that is enough. Spend a bunch of money on sound and lights and just forget about creating a fun atmosphere. Maybe a couple of tired dancers or something.

I really like to see the venues/promoters that go that extra step or three to really create a fun/party atmosphere.

Guest pod

Yeah, too many people think throwing a few speakers on a stick in a black room and booking DJ Box-of-Rocks somewhere suffices.

When I go out, I look for the combination of a decent DJ, a great sound system, a great lighting array, decent decor, and a friendly staff.

Again, just hit the ATM and don't leave your card. Unless you're a dope, they can't overcharge on cash.

what if u are buying a few bottles? i can only get $300/day out of my atm for security purposes, so i have to use the credit card.

Guest spinderella7713

Unfortunatlyu this was a problem for me at crobar and the old NV used to charge ur card $50 even if you only spent $20...then return the $30 during the business week...that shit was nutz....i have overdrafts all over the place!!!

That isn't the way it works. Many computer systems used in clubs "check" your card to see if you have enough money to cover the bill. The card is pre-authorized, which puts a hold on your account. The 50 bux never left your account and the club never had it, rather the employee charged you the amount that you spent at the time that you closed out your tab. It's a security measure against people with $20 left on the card charging $200 and dipping out of the club. Besides identity theft, this is another reason why clubs need your ID for a credit card purchase.

how ever you want to put it...they put a "hold" on my card 3 times and the "hold" didnt come off until the next week. So every other charge I made in the meantime overdraft...I guess the real point is the bartender never informed me of anything....just charged ...charged...and charged again.

Guest spinderella7713

Again, just hit the ATM and don't leave your card. Unless you're a dope, they can't overcharge on cash.

what if u are buying a few bottles? i can only get $300/day out of my atm for security purposes, so i have to use the credit card.

Pod doesnt need to buy bottles.