Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What one thing would you change?

Guest Devilicious

If you could change one thing about going out in Miami and Miami Beach, what would it be?  

1. 1. If you could change one thing about going out in Miami and Miami Beach, what would it be?

Guest pod

Talk to your bank, you can usually change that temporarily.

If not, try to remember, or have someone in your party remember to check precisely what the club is charging you at the end of the night. I've seen people do it before, that way there's no nasty surprises.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3nz0

I'll agree with coach on that point. It's all about making your customer happy. But to be more explicit, I'll give an example. I remember when I was like 17 or 18, immediately upon arriving into certain clubs [aka Baja], a girl would give me head while another sl00t played with my balls. If that's not good customer service, slap me around and call me Suzie.

I mean, they just don't have these kinds of things these days. Now I just gotta be content hanging with Talmage. Ffs. Most of the time, she's more boring than a Trancepriest argument.

Guest spinderella7713

I'll agree with coach on that point. It's all about making your customer happy. But to be more explicit, I'll give an example. I remember when I was like 17 or 18, immediately upon arriving into certain clubs [aka Baja], a girl would give me head while another sl00t played with my balls. If that's not good customer service, slap me around and call me Suzie.

I mean, they just don't have these kinds of things these days. Now I just gotta be content hanging with Talmage. Ffs. Most of the time, she's more boring than a Trancepriest argument.

you should have come to the bliss party....they serviced well from what i could see.

Guest djcarlosf

:D

Guest coach

Yeah, putting a hold on your card is really common in all sorts of places. You want to get fucked by a hold, try renting a car or getting a hotel room.

Guest spinderella7713

Yeah, putting a hold on your card is really common in all sorts of places. You want to get fucked by a hold, try renting a car or getting a hotel room.

found out about the hotel "hold" on my first vacation in MIAMI!!! damn town... lol

Guest Editor

Of the ones listed, I'd change smoking.

And I'd also change a few other things...

1.) I'd get the City fathers to understand that the only difference between Miami Beach and Myrtle Beach is our nightlife, and I'd make them understand that clubs are NOT a nuisance, they are the lifeblood of this city. The only reason people pay $500 a night at the Shore Club when they could stay at the Myrtle Beach Super8 for $29 and look at the exact same ocean, is because of our N-I-G-H-T-L-I-F-E.

2.) I'd make nightlife in Miami Beach more like the Crazy Horse in Paris. I'd allow artistic nudity in alcohol establishments; I'd require clubs and club/restaurants over 4,000 square feet to produce some sort of visual entertainment/floor show, AT LEAST on the weekends. (No entertainment? No license. Sorry.)

3.) Additionally, I'd remind them that in the 10 years I've been running [brand X.com], NOT ONCE have I ever received an email requesting information on "art deco," however, I receive requests for club info on a daily basis, and some days during the season I receive them hourly.

4.) I wouldn't spend a dime marketing Miami Beach to "families." Why on Earth would any family drive a extra 4 hours passed Orlando, to pay $200 a night at Loews, when they could stay in Orlando for 80% less and see the talking bears? Two answers: They wouldn't. They never will.

5.) I'd also point out that the only reason their beloved Cameo Theater, The Cinema Theater (Mansion), and The Flamingo Theater (Spin) were not cut-up into office condos is because some dreamer was always willing to put his life savings into creating a C-L-U-B in those locations year after year after year. And if they wanted proof I'd remind them that the two coolest theaters in the city's entire history were The Carib Theater and The Beach Theater on Lincoln Road, and look how they wound up. That's what happens when you let "market forces" control what is intrinsically an artistic endeavour --entertainment.

6.) But most of all, I'd keep all these cheesey photographers out of the clubs because they only show up to drink and hustle chicks anyway... ;D

(And now I've got myself so depressed, I think I'll go out for some serious G&T tonight.)

Guest r3nz0
you should have come to the bliss party....they serviced well from what i could see.

Yeah, but some faggelito by the name of Haniel didn't scoop me up. I'll check it out next time.

Guest coach

1.) I'd get the City fathers to understand that the only difference between Miami Beach and Myrtle Beach is our nightlife, and I'd make them understand that clubs are NOT a nuisance, they are the lifeblood of this city. The only reason people pay $500 a night at the Shore Club when they could stay at the Myrtle Beach Super8 for $29 and look at the exact same ocean, is because of our N-I-G-H-T-L-I-F-E.

2.) I'd make nightlife in Miami Beach more like the Crazy Horse in Paris. I'd allow artistic nudity in alcohol establishments; I'd require clubs and club/restaurants over 4,000 square feet to produce some sort of visual entertainment/floor show, AT LEAST on the weekends. (No entertainment? No license. Sorry.)

3.) Additionally, I'd remind them that in the 10 years I've been running [brand X.com], NOT ONCE have I ever received an email requesting information on "art deco," however, I receive requests for club info on a daily basis, and some days during the season I receive them hourly.

4.) I wouldn't spend a dime marketing Miami Beach to "families." Why on Earth would any family drive a extra 4 hours passed Orlando, to pay $200 a night at Loews, when they could stay in Orlando for 80% less and see the talking bears? Two answers: They wouldn't. They never will.

5.) I'd also point out that the only reason their beloved Cameo Theater, The Cinema Theater (Mansion), and The Flamingo Theater (Spin) were not cut-up into office condos is because some dreamer was always willing to put his life savings into creating a C-L-U-B in those locations year after year after year. And if they wanted proof I'd remind them that the two coolest theaters in the city's entire history were The Carib Theater and The Beach Theater on Lincoln Road, and look how they wound up. That's what happens when you let "market forces" control what is intrinsically an artistic endeavour --entertainment.

6.) But most of all, I'd keep all these cheesey photographers out of the clubs because they only show up to drink and hustle chicks anyway... ;D

(And now I've got myself so depressed, I think I'll go out for some serious G&T tonight.)

Hey, I really like this guy.

Guest LeVeL

Hey, I really like this guy.

Definetely...this guys is stating the Truth...Editor for Mayor of Miami Beach 2008. ;D

Guest LeVeL

This is specific to Miami. Every other place I have visited or lived older men are much more respectable to young females. Younger guys are generally intimidated or too nervous to hit on older women. They know we are out of their league, and while they may discreetly look, they are not going around hissing, "pssssssst, mami!!!"

The majority of men in this city treat women with zero respect. You really think you're going to get laid like that? ::)

Well "HELLO" this is Miami and you will encounter your Latin man around here, we dont tend to be respectful sometimes when we approach women, we just say what is in our minds. Yeah you get your aggresive Latn guy who will try to grab your hand, you will also get your other type of latin guy who will tell you what he would do to you if he ever got you in bed with him and well then you have you other type of latin guy who would just say whatever is on his mind since he just doesn't give a fuck.

But hey you ladies should be used to this around these parts.

Guest Devilicious

You forgot "Party Atmosphere". Other than that, I'd go with smoking.

What do you mean?

Come to Freeze Frame tonight and you'll see what I mean!

But to be more explicit, it seems to me that many clubs just throw a DJ up on the decks and figure that is enough. Spend a bunch of money on sound and lights and just forget about creating a fun atmosphere. Maybe a couple of tired dancers or something.

I really like to see the venues/promoters that go that extra step or three to really create a fun/party atmosphere.

ahhh, I understand. I want to go to Freeze Frame soon - i'm sure I'll enjoy it. Seems that it would work with an 80's party very well... it's a theme after all. I think what you want is a little harder when you don't have one strong idea that is the driving force.

I know what I would do if I opened a venue, but no way am I spilling my secret here!

Guest pod

Valid point. Half the problem with Miami Beach is the influx of people from Middle America. I would say white people, but being a socially-conservative tool knows no color.

They come down here for the sun and the sand, and then bitch about the party atmosphere, which they should have known about since before they considered moving here. You hear people bitching about noisy crowds outside of Opium at 5 AM, well guess what, that building was a club long before most of those condos went up, people moving there should have thought about that before they plunked down half-a-million on an oversized apartment.

Face it, life down here isn't like what it is in Peoria.

If I could change one thing, it would be for all the Midwesterners to leave.

Guest djcarlosf

You forgot "Party Atmosphere". Other than that, I'd go with smoking.

What do you mean?

Come to Freeze Frame tonight and you'll see what I mean!

But to be more explicit, it seems to me that many clubs just throw a DJ up on the decks and figure that is enough. Spend a bunch of money on sound and lights and just forget about creating a fun atmosphere. Maybe a couple of tired dancers or something.

I really like to see the venues/promoters that go that extra step or three to really create a fun/party atmosphere.

ahhh, I understand. I want to go to Freeze Frame soon - i'm sure I'll enjoy it. Seems that it would work with an 80's party very well... it's a theme after all. I think what you want is a little harder when you don't have one strong idea that is the driving force.

I know what I would do if I opened a venue, but no way am I spilling my secret here!

there have been many who know how to crash and burn by themselves anyway :D

Guest coach

Valid point. Half the problem with Miami Beach is the influx of people from Middle America. I would say white people, but being a socially-conservative tool knows no color.

They come down here for the sun and the sand, and then bitch about the party atmosphere, which they should have known about since before they considered moving here. You hear people bitching about noisy crowds outside of Opium at 5 AM, well guess what, that building was a club long before most of those condos went up, people moving there should have thought about that before they plunked down half-a-million on an oversized apartment.

Agreed, but not all of them. Just the ones who bitch. Some have acclimated well. And some came specifically because of the party. They can stay.

Guest pod

All the bitchy ones anyhow. It's like moving to New Jersey and complaining about the stink.

What is it about those kinds of people that they want to fuck things up for everyone else?

Guest Devilicious

found out about the hotel "hold" on my first vacation in MIAMI!!! damn town... lol

James is right... it happens all the time and is a common practice in businesses of all kinds in all areas. It would be stupid to not do such a thing. It's really nothing to complain about unless you keep your account near the limit at all times. Besides, what are you doing running around without 20 bux cash anyway? :P

Level - if I were a Latin American I would be utterly ashamed of you. There's no excuse for that kind of attitude and it's truly pathetic. As long as people like you perpetuate that ignorant perspective nothing will change. You're a disgrace!

Enjoy your evening folks :-*

All the bitchy ones anyhow. It's like moving to New Jersey and complaining about the stink.

What is it about those kinds of people that they want to fuck things up for everyone else?

The thing that bothers me the most is when you get people that relocate here from other countries... that have only been to Miami.. and they expect that the entire USA is like Miami.. so they bitch and complain about how they want to move to another city and how Miami sucks.... little do they know, they actually have it made here.

Guest pod

Falling back on "it's a latin thing" is pathetic. Treating a girl, or anyone for that matter, like shit without due cause is pretty low.

Yeah yeah, I know I fall back on being part Irish to explain my drinking, but that's for comic effect.

And saying people need to "be used to it" isn't gonna fly. They're "used to" people blowing themselves up for shits and grins in Israel. Doesn't mean it is the way to go.

Frankly, if I was management at a venue and I saw that shit going down, I'd have the guy removed.

Guest LeVeL

Level - if I were a Latin American I would be utterly ashamed of you. There's no excuse for that kind of attitude and it's truly pathetic. As long as people like you perpetuate that ignorant perspective nothing will change. You're a disgrace!

LOL...

Guest pod

As far as cities go, Miami is the most accomodating to people from foreign lands. Even in New York, you're expected to come around to speaking proper American English and assimilating into the culture at some point. In Miami, no such thing.

Guest Satan

there should be a smoking VIP room where the music is piped in with stellar clarity and awesome AC so those who persist are not persecuted but can pay extra to obtain a black lung and smell bad.

the devil has spoken

i hate the smoking big time. but seriously i dont see that changing anytime soon . i voted parking. in sobe its ridiculous. esp since only lot that u can find anything and not pay outrageous fees is on lincoln outside lot but u got to get there early.

downtown downright ridiculous.

Guest spinderella7713

Im giving you the finger right now POD.