Clubplanet Nightlife Community

reasons why LA doesn't suck.

Guest ramon

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know ..

i will be the biggest bitch and the first one to compalint .. but i will also be the first one to give thanks for being here and have met, work, played with alongisde such wonderful local and international talent so !

im happy for what we have HERE, could things be better ? YES! things could always be better .. but they could also be worst .. other cities and countries have different tastes and opinions .. we just have to make the best out of it ..

when we go out, we all talk and say this and that about djs and music here and at some point we are right, we just have to live with it and support each other ...

when did i ever thought of have the chance to live in this city and be able to go to Club Space for example ....

Club Space is like the shit for everybody else but us (we dont really appreciate it) .. when did i ever thought of being in the dj booth while watching Josh Wink play a 5 hour set ?? huh ? never in my life

so again ! im glad i live here, im glad i have my friends and my music, im glad we have what we have in Miami, i do not live in LA or Ibiza or Detroit or Europe .. i live here in M I A M I and in the meantime im just gonna make the best out of it

:)

Guest Seb

line up looks great but I have to say I've been to LA and I wasn't impressed with what they had going on @ the time. Not too sure they have line ups like this all the time

Guest Cosmigonon

you know ..

i will be the biggest bitch and the first one to compalint .. but i will also be the first one to give thanks for being here and have met, work, played with alongisde such wonderful local and international talent so !

im happy for what we have HERE, could things be better ? YES! things could always be better .. but they could also be worst .. other cities and countries have different tastes and opinions .. we just have to make the best out of it ..

when we go out, we all talk and say this and that about djs and music here and at some point we are right, we just have to live with it and support each other ...

when did i ever thought of have the chance to live in this city and be able to go to Club Space for example ....

Club Space is like the shit for everybody else but us (we dont really appreciate it) .. when did i ever thought of being in the dj booth while watching Josh Wink play a 5 hour set ?? huh ? never in my life

so again ! im glad i live here, im glad i have my friends and my music, im glad we have what we have in Miami, i do not live in LA or Ibiza or Detroit or Europe .. i live here in M I A M I and in the meantime im just gonna make the best out of it

amen brotha... 8)

Guest rhythmdoc

you know ..

i agree.....be happy with what we have!!!!

but....people will always see the grass greener on the other side of the fence.

Guest lyrik

But don't tread on those (like myself) who consider it normal to sip a vodka tonic at six AM normal.

HEY! By all means...I have no objections to that....been known to do so myself...not exactly the point I was trying to make...but I think rules and regs can be a good thing...that way it feels so much better when you're breaking them and seperates the men from the boys...if its easy everyone is going to do it...and do ya really want everyone in?

I don't think I have the time right now to get into how I think that thought above actually translates to the state of affairs in the EDM and the clubbing world but I'll try....its not about keeping it undergound...though that is the common misconception people throw around when talking about "the scene" and where has the underground gone blah blah blah...to try and put it simply...it use to be about exclusivity...but not in a snobbish way...and it use to be about paying your dues to be a part of the scene or accepted in that said scene...now anyone gets in the door and when you leave your doors wide open for everyone to walk on through chances are your going to allow in a lot of the people that should have just satyed out...those are the ones that add to the dumbing down of the culture and oddly enough seem to multiply in numbers greater than those with knowledge of it...perhaps because those that place such a high value on it get a little peaved and leave or maybe as turnover occurs you're left with more and more retards with superficial knowledge so that when new ones do come in the wrong things are being passed along....it may not be 100% true for all, but you can't tell me its 100% wrong either.

Guest lyrik

you know ..

i agree.....be happy with what we have!!!!

but....people will always see the grass greener on the other side of the fence.

Its not always exactly about the grass being greener on the other side...sometimes its about the grass in your own yard getting browner and not noticing it until its too late.

Guest pod

I can't deny that. There's a lot of people out there out for the "wrong" reasons, which by that I mean truly nefarious deeds. I don't mind it if someone's out looking to get laid. Hell, it's normal. I'd be worried if they were single, and weren't.

The exclusivity thing can cut both ways. You let everyone in, you get the problems you talk about. You make it too exclusive, your party can't support itself and the venue gives it the axe. I've always been a proponent of being inclusive with dance music parties, and letting natural selection sort out the riff-raff. If someone doesn't "belong" at a party, they'll usually get the hint and go elsewhere. There's certain parties in town I don't cover, since I don't mesh well with the crowd, for example. I'm ill-at-ease in an A-list environment, for one.

Guest swank

To address the Miami bashing point....you're prolly the same people who bashed the town that you came from....hence the reason that you moved here... ;)

I think it has to do with becoming desensitized, what I mean by that is that too much of anything gets 'boring'. Remember your first drunk? bet it didn't take much...but I bet most of the drinkers here could prolly drink out a bars 'RedBull' stock with the vodka. First time you made love WOWZA...now pffft! bring all the toys and extra partners or else you might as well just watch the game while doing it...LOL

The more you have...the more you need...as your body and mind build a tolerance. Try not drinking for a year and then go out on your birthday...I guarantee a great time. Try not going to a club for a year...then go out drinking in a club on your birthday. I again guarantee you another great night.

Warning: Do not drink 'too' much and then attempt SEX...doesn't always work out.

Guest ddg

you know ..

someone get that man a double redbull vodka!!!

Guest dancefloored

the first time I was at TWILO it was really non smoking. The day after VC I literally felt like I had been smoking the night before or as if I had been in SPACE.

anyways, if ya dont like the heat stay outta the kitchen! ya dont like the smoke, stay outta the nightclub

Im a non smoker, but deal with it!

This is the upcoming week in LA.

Mon - Sean Miller @ MNS

Wed - Banco De Gaia @ King King

Wed - Phil Weeks @ Little Temple

Thu - 2many DJs @ Vanguard

Fri - PVD @ Vanguard

Fri - Mnookin/FFar @ Basic

Fri - Butane @ Deeper Moods Warehouse

Fri - Farina @ Soul Folks

Fri - Calderone @ Avalon

Sat - Howells @ Vanguard

Sat - Halo @ Balance

Sat - Speedy J @ Droid Behavior Warehouse

Sat - Sandy Collins + Richard 'Death in Vegas' Fearless (Patio) @ Avalon

Sun - Kerri Chandler @ Vanguard

something for everyone imo.

But the clubs close at 2.

i used to think that sucks that clubs close early but lately i think its not so bad....

u get there early . the main dj doesnt fuck around teasing u with like 2 hrs of crap before he starts to play good shit

he just gets right into it..... then bam its 2 u go home and ur not completely obliterated unless ur a lush and drink like a demon for 4 hrs lol

Guest ramon

Mon - Sean Miller @ MNS

Fri - PVD @ Vanguard

Fri - Calderone @ Avalon

Sat - Howells @ Vanguard

Sat - Halo @ Balance

But the clubs close at 2.

I think its 4 on the weekend or something.

Guest coach

i used to think that sucks that clubs close early but lately i think its not so bad....

u get there early . the main dj doesnt fuck around teasing u with like 2 hrs of crap before he starts to play good shit

he just gets right into it..... then bam its 2 u go home and ur not completely obliterated unless ur a lush and drink like a demon for 4 hrs lol

Dude, not to be mean, but until you have lived in a city where the clubs close at 2, stfu. It sucks so much ass.

Let me lay it out for ya.

You get home on friday at 6:30pm.

You want to wind down a bit before dinner, so you watch some tube. Maybe take a shower.

Then you head out for dinner around 9ish. That's at least a couple of hours, so now it's 11.

By the time you get to the club and get parked, it is nearly midnight.

Last call is usually like 1:30 - 1:45, but the club starts winding down around 1:30.

At 2, they crank the lights on and kick everyone out.

There you go, maybe 1.5 - 2 hours at the clubs. It fucking sucks.

So, your choices are, either rush all your pre-club shit, which sucks, or only have a short time at the club, which sucks.

As far as comparing nights, LA is like 3x more populated than Miami, and much more affluent.

Guest swank

Dude, not to be mean, but until you have lived in a city where the clubs close at 2, stfu. It sucks so much ass.

You want to wind down a bit before dinner, so you watch some tube. Maybe take a shower.

Then you head out for dinner around 9ish. That's at least a couple of hours, so now it's 11.

Last call is usually like 1:30 - 1:45, but the club starts winding down around 1:30.

So, your choices are, either rush all your pre-club shit, which sucks, or only have a short time at the club, which sucks.

As far as comparing nights, LA is like 3x more populated than Miami, and much more affluent.

Was in Toronto this summer and they close at two...but by 11:00PM the shit is rocking! I must have hit like 5 clubs in one night (close proximity) and the last one we stopped at my bro had a hook up so they served a little later but the interesting thing is that everyone was out early and you could actually go to work the next day.

On the other hand I'm from Montreal and midnite was the time to go out but....when I was spinning not so much fun....we had a 3:00AM closing time and people would mosey in at 1-1:30AM and want you to go till 5AM.

Coach in that situation....hurry up the pre-club preparations :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

Mon - Sean Miller @ MNS

Fri - PVD @ Vanguard

Fri - Calderone @ Avalon

Sat - Howells @ Vanguard

Sat - Halo @ Balance

This is exaclty why LA sucks ass!

You have all this shit going on and everyone is spread out 2 hours from one another.

If you want to do one thing early and another thing later you will have to drive an hour and a half to do the second event.... lol

Here, you can do something in SOBE early and drive downtown in 10 minutes for afterhours.

In LA if you go to an event, then more than likely you are commited to that event for the duration..

LA SUCKS!!

Guest HouseJunkie

You want to wind down a bit before dinner, so you watch some tube. Maybe take a shower.Then you head out for dinner around 9ish. That's at least a couple of hours, so now it's 11.

May I recommend skipping the shower entirely, that should give you an extra 20 minutes or so to party.