Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mark farina - friday october 13th at shine - lust 9 yr b-day

Guest djjoncowan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

we are really excited to have mark back to kick off a series of special events. I am also thrilled to be working with my good friend vaughn and hosting 9 yrs of LUST. not many people know this but in the early 90's vaughn and I formed a company called "GENERIC SOUL" - we did events all over florida and had some really great times... eventually generic soul split turning into bliss and lust respectively. anyways, its great to be working with you again old friend and with Mark Farina at the helm for your wifes bday only makes it that much more special... 8)

Same night as Felix the Housecat?? This is one reason that Miami's electronic scene is struggling. You have these nights competing against each other and you get diluted crowds at both locals. I love Farina and would love to check this out but Shine was not the greatest place last year. They have no bathrooms in the actual club and if you left, sometimes they'd give you hell to get back in. And for the opening last year, they claimed to have a guestlist that turned out to be BS. Oh and the drink prices were ridiculous to boot, I mean it's the Shelbourne not the Delano or the Shore Club, price accordingly. Rant over. lol

felix is not that good live...ur getting a better DJ IMHO in Mark Farina and ur in my fav venue in South Beach in shine..... easy choice ;D

I don't see venues around here playing together nicely in the sandbox anytime soon, so there's little anyone can do in regards to DJ booking schedules. You always take the chance of going up against someone.

Guest mr. wilkins

GENERIC SOUL

bunch of PB County wankers...... :P

toooo funny...

i think i actually might have an old GS flyer in one of my shoeboxes in the attic.... ;)

Guest vaughan

Man... It's been a long time Jon! We had many years back in the day brother!

This is one party I can say will summarize a couple different eras of my life. Some old freinds... some new ones...

A MILLION memories and almost a rainbow!!!

And as far as all the playing nice goes... I always play as nice as I can... I must have missed Twilo's memo... this party hs been in the works for months! All good... best of luck to everyone that throws parties on any given night!

Oh, I wasn't casting stones at you. If I was, I would have taken the train up to PBC and cast a stone at you.

;D

That being said, sometimes even when you play nice, dates collide and such.

Guest vaughan

Oh, I wasn't casting stones at you. If I was, I would have taken the train up to PBC and cast a stone at you.

I knew you weren't... I was actually just trying to say the same thing you just did about conflicts etc. And as always, it's the OTHER guy is always responsible. All good... Plenty of people and isn't Twilo open LATE???

Guest joec

congrats vaughan and the lust crew on 9 years. thats quite an accomplishment!!! here's to 9 more...!

wish i could make it down, mark always delivers. im sure its going to be packed!!

and jon, congrats on the new sound system, im sure it sounds incredible!! cant wait to hear it in person. i'll definitely be making it out next time i am in south florida.

- joe c.

Guest vaughan

JOE-MUTHA-FUGGIN C!!!! Hope your doing well brother!!! Thanks for the kind words... you were a part of the early days for us too man... thank YOU!

Guest KellyKel

but an important question about all of this ....

WHOS BARTENDING???

I guess you'll just have to come by and find out ;)

;);) yeah!!! Let me know whats up T!

Guest djjoncowan

i hope he plays a mushroom jazz set........ I CAN ALWAYS HOPE ;D

sorry but its a cd release tour of his ministry of sound "sessions" CD....

Guest Devilicious

i never liked the Air farina CD

but everything else he's ever done is solid :)

YEAH SHINE BABY SHINE

Air Farina was weird. I didn't think it had much flow to it, but there were a couple of really good tracks on there.

Where's Darren on this one? I remember him telling me he's seen Farina 484605546 times and it's always been amazing as well as unique.... that's talent imo